Random Football News

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey, Jeff, Peyton here. Do you think you could come out of retirement for this year?"

"Well, I don't really blame you. Would you give it some thought though?"

"Hey, John, Peyton here. Saturday's not interested. Anyone else you want me to call?"

"Hey, Jeff, Peyton here. Do you think you could come out of retirement for this year?"

"Well, I don't really blame you. Would you give it some thought though?"

"Hey, John, Peyton here. Saturday's not interested. Anyone else you want me to call?"
Yeah no shit.

Saturday's done, he doesn't want to come back. They had a radio interview with him the other day and he's lost a bunch of weight (in a good way) has a job he likes.

And I say good for him too.

Peyton made some bad decisions but he made good throws and his receivers made great catch. The Raven defense beat Peyton in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2zEXbI8wXU

Why is it there are always buts involved when talk of Peyton Manning comes up? That game was lost on a dumb/poor throw by P6, plain and simple. He leads all QBs in NFL history with the most one-and-done playoff exits, many of them as the top seed with great weapons. He's the opposite of Tom Brady.

Oh, and since when did happy feet become a positive trait for a QB? The guy looked like he was performing a Mexican hat dance on that game-ending INT.

NFLN just reported that Gabbert was carted off the field in JAX. They think it's an ankle injury.

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

NFLN just reported that Gabbert was carted off the field in JAX. They think it's an ankle injury.

Jax would be smart to say goodbye to Gabbert and let Henne take over, imo.

Pitta and Boldin accounted for 70% of the Ravens' slot yds last season, and 14 of their 16 slot TDs. Why aren't we hearing about this today?

Jax would be smart to say goodbye to Gabbert and let Henne take over, imo.

:shrug:

I always liked Henne, but I think Gabbert's got talent too. He was just pushed to start waaaay before he was ready.

Jacksonville's got a couple of decently-talented QBs. It's a shame they've got nothing else to go along with them other than a now-malcontented MJD.

Then again, it's Jacksonville and those fraudulent glow necklace fans, so **** 'em.

:shrug:

I always liked Henne, but I think Gabbert's got talent too. He was just pushed to start waaaay before he was ready.

Jacksonville's got a couple of decently-talented QBs. It's a shame they've got nothing else to go along with them other than a now-malcontented MJD.

Then again, it's Jacksonville and those fraudulent glow necklace fans, so **** 'em.
If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's a glow necklace douchebag. As far as their starting qb battle, I could care less. Gabbert or Henne, neither one has a snowballs chance in hell of turning that franchise into a winner. Oh it must be so much fun to be a sparkle kittens fan.:DROFL:party:

It's never too early for douchey Ben quotes. DAMNIHATEHIM

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4402040-74/roethlisberger-offense-think#axzz2aTAnHPFm

Ben Roethlisberger described publicly for the first time the uneasiness he and his teammates felt a year ago when new coordinator Todd Haley tossed out the offense they knew so well, handed them a playbook filled with unfamiliar terminology and told them to learn it.

“He brought it in and (said) 'Here's my stuff, here's what we're going to do.' So it was hard for us to say, 'Hey, we were pretty doggone good last year, what were we 12-4?'” Roethlisberger said Saturday on the first practice day of Steelers training camp. “We would say, 'Oh, we know this play, it's the same thing we had, but it's called completely different.' So why not call it the same thing? So there was a lot of frustration with that.”

OHMYGOD...NOOOOO WAY!! A NEW OC COMES IN AND WANTS YOU TO USE HIS TERMINOLOGY AND THAT MADE YOU MAD????????? CALL DE SMITH...UNFAIR WORK CONDITIONS!!!!111!1!1

WOW, I wonder how mad Alex Smith is?

Then he says stuff like, "I don't know WHY people are concentrating on our (his and Haley's)relationship so much , it was the whole team. Ummmmm....DOUCHE?? It's because YOU WHINED ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME. TO THE POINT YOUR OWN HC ADDRESSED IT PUBLICLY BY CONFIRMING YOU AND HALEY WERE HAVING ISSUES.

Still, Roethlisberger told the Tribune-Review in a one-on-one interview that any perceived rift between him and Haley, the former Chiefs head coach, was fictional.

“People blew up the hatred thing or the butting heads, there was none of that,” Roethlisberger said. “It was like any coordinator, quarterback and head coach, there's always going to be issues. I had them with BA (Bruce Arians) and coach Whis (Ken Whisenhunt). I think they got blown up.”

Hey Ben, notice anything in common with all 3 of these OCs? They all butted heads with YOU. Maybe YOU are the PROBLEM??????

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...ts-good-things-for-2013-697108/#ixzz2aPsVoMQe

Many, including team president Art Rooney II, would like to see Roethlisberger stay healthy, too. He missed those three games in 2012, missed one in 2011 with an ankle sprain that hindered him in a few others and has played only one 16-game season in his nine-year career.
"It bothers me, not because of what people say, it bothers me because I want to play," Roethlisberger said. "I hate missing games. I probably could have and should have missed more games throughout my career. We play a very violent sport. Knock on wood, I feel I've been lucky to not have a, quote, 'real serious injury.'
:blah::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Congratulations Ben that was Favre-McNabb level passive aggressive martyrdom. :clap:

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...ts-good-things-for-2013-697108/#ixzz2aTDg8jtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back