Random Football News

I'd love to know if BB gave him his blessing to join a rival team within the division. I find it odd that he would unless something else was up...

He'd be mad not to accept it! It's a HC position in the NFL, there are only 32 of those jobs and he'll have at least three years in Miami, on good pay and if it doesn't work out, he'll pick up a nice coaching position either as a HC or Coordinator somewhere else.

You have to have ambition. Unless you're in a position like Josh where you feel you have a good shot at eventually taking over when Bill retires.

Does the HC money he makes before he gets whacked in 30 games amount to more than if he’s a defensive stalwart here for 6 yrs?

I'd love to know if BB gave him his blessing to join a rival team within the division. I find it odd that he would unless something else was up...

Minority coaching candidate.

Bills smart enough to just leave well enough alone and let Sunday’s speak for themselves.

Rookie coach that hasn’t even truly held the DC role? With a new QB?

2 wins.

Minority coaching candidate.

Bills smart enough to just leave well enough alone and let Sunday’s speak for themselves.

Rookie coach that hasn’t even truly held the DC role? With a new QB?

2 wins.

If he can't hack it, he can always go back to a supporting coach role...

Does the HC money he makes before he gets whacked in 30 games amount to more than if he’s a defensive stalwart here for 6 yrs?

Yes.

Also 'Former Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins' is on his resume.

I mean, he wasn't even making coordinator money here.

Miami has cap room, but no QB, no top 10 pick, and they play in a division that is owned year after year.

I think it's a bad move on his part. Shoulda stayed here 2 more years at least and then took a job NOT in our division with a more stable team.

There's a lot of smoke that the Browns will release LB Jamie Collins.

They would save $8.5M on the cap and it would only cost $2.5M in dead cap space to cut him. A trade for his $11M/ contract isn't happening.

An under performer for sure (unless it's a contract year).

Remember the last time an assistant coach went on to coach a division rival. Certainly don't want a repeat of that...

There's a lot of smoke that the Browns will release LB Jamie Collins.

They would save $8.5M on the cap and it would only cost $2.5M in dead cap space to cut him. A trade for his $11M/ contract isn't happening.

An under performer for sure (unless it's a contract year).

He seems destined to be a Bungle.

But his athleticism is intriguing. I’d kick tires again with a short money incentive deal. Worked with Chung.

Welker is headed to the 9ers coaching staff.

When the Texans announced their full coaching staff moments ago, one particular name was not on the list.
But Wes Welker apparently has a new home.
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle noted the omission and said Welker will “do well with the 49ers.”
The former NFL wideout spent the last two years working in a de facto internship with the Texans.
They blocked him from interviewing with the Broncos last year, but this year he was under no such restrictions this offseason, and interviewed with San Francisco and the Green Bay.
Welker, who was Julian Edelman before Julian Edelman was cool, played 12 years in the NFL with the Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, Broncos, and Rams.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/05/wes-welker-apparently-heading-to-49ers/

Nick Foles Informs Eagles He's Voiding His Option, Will Become Free Agent bit.ly/2HWrm9t

Nick Foles Informs Eagles He's Voiding His Option, Will Become Free Agent bit.ly/2HWrm9t

Yeah but the Eagles can still FT him for $25M and trade him...or keep him another year for Wentz protection. Wentz is making peanuts on his rookie deal so the Eagles can afford both again. Eagles will likely FT Foles.

Dolphins? Redskins? Raiders? Broncos?

There will be plenty of teams looking at him.

There are a few teams who need a good 30 yr old QB.

-Are the Dolphins in tank mode? If not then yes.
-The Redskins - Alex Smith isn't playing this year and odds are he'll never play again. At least 6 surgeries including a muscle over bone transplant to replace infected bone that had to be removed. It's a salvage technique.
-and the Giants are obvious choices but he'd piss off all his Eagles fans. If franchise tagged the Eagles are NOT trading him within the division.

-Broncos, yeah.
-Bengals if Zac Taylor brings his brother (current QB coach of the Eagles) to Cincy. Dalton is holding the Bengals back.
-Jaguars need a QB to be a contender.
-Are the Ravens sold on their version of slash? Dumb if they are.

If the NFC East teams are eliminated from contention there's not many teams left and they are all in the AFC which would make the Eagles happy.

Eagles looking at a Tag and Trade scenario for Foles

What sort of price are QB needy teams willing to pay to get Foles?

Back