Random Football News

Josh Rosen to the Giants is picking up steam. This mock has them drafting Metcalf with the 17th pick.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...cardinals-quarterback-speculation/3333729002/

The Josh Rosen trade rumors continue and the New York Giants are right in the middle of the speculation for the Arizona Cardinals quarterback.

The Heat Index takes a look at the latest chatter surrounding a potential trade between the two NFL teams.

Could the Giants trade for Rosen to be the successor for Eli Manning?

The site has Arizona drafting Mississippi D.K. Metcalf with the No. 17 pick in the 2019 NFL draft after trading the quarterback to New York.

It also has Arizona taking Kyler Murray with the No. 1 pick.

Geoffrey C. Arnold writes: "Can the Cardinals provide any more obvious hints? First-year coach Kliff Kingsbury gushes about Murray every time he’s asked a question. Murray is a far better fit into Kingsbury’s spread offense than Rosen and the Cardinals desperately need someone to create a buzz around the franchise. Murray checks all the boxes. ... Time to surround Kyler Murray with some talent at the skill positions. Metcalf stunned nearly everyone with his performances at the combine. He’ll play with and learn from the legendary Larry Fitzgerald."

Meh. Call it what you want, but every generation that emerges will be more and more dependent on technology. This is a Gen Z thing. Millennials are all in their 30's. I don't see this as KK being naive or unprepared for coaching. I see him recognizing the trend in how young adults need to be plugged in and structuring the training to meet this need. Whatever the next generation is called will probably need a hologram break every 10 minutes. This unfortunately will be a "Get off my lawn!" issue for Gen Xers and Baby Boomers.

The drugs continue to take it's toll....

Jim Irsay’s goal: Win three Super Bowls in a row

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 3, 2019, 5:15 AM EDT

Colts owner Jim Irsay has lofty goals for his franchise.

Irsay identified winning three Super Bowls in a row as his goal, and he said it’s something he thinks about with the current roster the Colts have assembled.

“I really feel like this is a young team that’s ascending,” he said, via the Indianapolis Star. “You guys know, I will unabashedly say, I’d like to win three in a row. How hard is it? I mean, it’s hard as hell just to win one.”

Irsay has previously said that no team can be considered the greatest of all time until it wins three Super Bowls in a row.

No team has ever won three Super Bowls in a row, and it would be extraordinarily difficult to do in today’s NFL, where the salary cap makes it hard for the best teams in the league to keep all their best players. Irsay can dream, but it’s unlikely to happen.

Meh. Call it what you want, but every generation that emerges will be more and more dependent on technology. This is a Gen Z thing. Millennials are all in their 30's. I don't see this as KK being naive or unprepared for coaching. I see him recognizing the trend in how young adults need to be plugged in and structuring the training to meet this need. Whatever the next generation is called will probably need a hologram break every 10 minutes. This unfortunately will be a "Get off my lawn!" issue for Gen Xers and Baby Boomers.
We tend to glorify football as warriors looking only to prepare for battle without distractions of women who weaken legs and shit. This move may make more snowflakes settle in Arizona.

Drugs are bad... M'kay!!!
irsay.png

Some good banter with Aqib Talib, Brady and more players.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’ve been trying to get the Expos back on the line for the past month! <a href="https://t.co/pXohflCmhW">https://t.co/pXohflCmhW</a></p>— Tom Brady (@TomBrady) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1113440109557420032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good reminder that real life happens to these players and their families, just like the rest of us. Thoughts and prayers to the Stafford family. Hopefully they found the tumor early enough and there is something that can be done about.

It is very easy to forget.

A pretty shocking story of the Rodgers - McCarthy feud.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Masty stuff, Rodgers seems very small minded.

Nobody holds a grudge in any sport like Rodgers. When it comes to Rodgers, grudges do not merrily float away. They stick. They grow. They refuel.
Jermichael Finley, a Packers tight end from 2008 to 2013, sees a self-entitled quarterback and bad leader,
Greg Jennings, a Packers receiver from 2006 to 2012, sees Rodgers as an ultrasensitive source of toxicity,
One ex-Packers scout puts it on both. He describes Rodgers as an arrogant quarterback quick to blame everyone but himself—one who's "not as smart as he thinks he is"—yet kindly points out that McCarthy basically quit on his team.

The difference between Brady and Rodgers.

So there was Jennings, a Viking himself in 2013. He could tell Packers receivers were scared just to say hello with Rodgers likely hyperanalyzing their every move from afar. To him, that's sad. It shouldn't be like this. He sees the relationship Brady has cultivated with Julian Edelman, with all of his receivers, and says, "Everyone wants that." Those two spend time together off the field, and it carries into what matters on the field. Brady builds bonds for life, and that can be the difference between division titles and Super Bowls.Between Brady's legacy and Rodgers' legacy.

It is very easy to forget.

I have a friend, actually I think she's a member here from years ago that had this same thing. And even with the horrid Danish healthcare system she made a complete recovery.

Hoping for the best for Mrs. Stafford.

His gf is similar to him...

Danica? I definitely know that.

She has at least admitted she used to be an asshole and has apologized for it. When she came back for her last Indy 500 last year she apologized to a lot of people for the way she used to behave. I was lucky enough to meet quite a few of the drivers over the years and all of them were really personable and were willing to hang out and shoot the shit for a while. She was the polar opposite.

Her team called her "The C**t" at one point because she treated them like shit.

Danica? I definitely know that.

She has at least admitted she used to be an asshole and has apologized for it. When she came back for her last Indy 500 last year she apologized to a lot of people for the way she used to behave. I was lucky enough to meet quite a few of the drivers over the years and all of them were really personable and were willing to hang out and shoot the shit for a while. She was the polar opposite.

Her team called her "The C**t" at one point because she treated them like shit.

Lol...crazy.

Back