Random Football News

I have always thought Rodgers was weird and a complete jerk.
Yes and yes. But I didn't think he was nuts on top of it. LOL

I thought this was an interesting little graphic. George Atallah (NFLPA) just tweeted this to PFT. Check out top right.
I'm too busy ROFL at the fact that the scarecrow is the Ravens.

Yes and yes. But I didn't think he was nuts on top of it. LOL

I'm too busy ROFL at the fact that the scarecrow is the Ravens.

Apparently, this guy, Batterman, was a hired gun to come up with the terms of the last CBA and did a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff with the NFL. He's back in the fold and on the payroll again with the NFL. Looks like they're already on the clock (5 yrs ahead of time) and planning for the next CBA.

And the definite lockout that will happen. If there's even football in five years.

If the players could discipline themselves financially, they could strike. Failure to have financial discipline is 100% their own failure.

If the players could discipline themselves financially, they could strike. Failure to have financial discipline is 100% their own failure.

Aren't there quite a few former NFL players that go bankrupt after they retire? I know that I've heard a bunch of stories. Everything from failed businesses to being a personal ATM to their family and friends.

Aren't there quite a few former NFL players that go bankrupt after they retire? I know that I've heard a bunch of stories. Everything from failed businesses to being a personal ATM to their family and friends.

There are. They're not the smart ones.

You're right about that. Although I feel no pity for them, I don't know what I would do with myself being in my mid 20's with a seven or eight-figure bankroll.

You would surround yourself with the right people instead of the ones with their hands out and waiting to party with you.

The Lions were able to get free agent wide receiver Marvin Jones, despite interest from the Patriots. Of course, they gave him a five-year, $40 million deal — though New England’s offer was supposedly similar.

Patriots, Panthers at the top of post-free-agency Power Rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...hers-lead-post-free-agency-nfl-power-rankings

I am not one that puts much stock on power ranking lists but it caught my eye that after the Pats at #1 the next 3 teams are all NFC - Panthers, Cards, Seahawks, and then Pitt at 5 followed by GB and Denver. The AFC really is a pile of hot garbage outside of the Pats. I would not have Pitt up at 5 and I would drop Denver out of top 10 with Butt Fumble as their QB. I would pick Dallas ahead of Denver as well Minny.

Karlos Dansby - LB - Bengals

Bengals agreed to terms with LB Karlos Dansby, formerly of the Browns.

At 34, Dansby was looking for a contender after being cut by the Browns, and he found one in Cincinnati. He should play a big role while Vontaze Burfict is suspended for the first three games, and he could settle in as a starter in the middle or on the strong side even after Burfict returns. An excellent coverage linebacker, Dansby should be a factor in sub packages regardless of his role in base sets. Dansby recorded 109 tackles and three interceptions last season.

Power Rankings after FA (so far)

Just look at the defending champion Broncos. Brock Osweiler left for Houston, Mark Sanchez now appears to be Peyton Manning's successor, and two of the team's top defenders -- Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan -- also departed for free-agent riches.
Will the Texans' gamble on Osweiler pay off? Did other big spenders, such as the Giants, Jaguars and Raiders, move closer to contention?
We'll find out later in the year. For now, we can only speculate. Below is how our smaller-than-usual panel of experts (29 voters) see the NFL hierarchy now that free agency has mostly subsided.
Click here to see the post-Super Bowl edition
1. New England Patriots

i
2015 record: 12-4
Voting results: 898 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 2
gn-arrow.png

Stats & Information's take: The Patriots struggled without Rob Gronkowski and Julian Edelman last season. The fix? Acquiring Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan and Nate Washington.
2. Carolina Panthers

i
2015 record: 15-1
Voting results: 874 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 1
rd-arrow.png

Stats & Information's take: The Panthers went 15-1 last season and made the Super Bowl, and there hasn't been much turnover this offseason. Punter Brad Nortman is the only player who has signed elsewhere.
3. Arizona Cardinals

i
2015 record: 13-3
Voting results: 864 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 4
gn-arrow.png

Stats & Information's take: The trade for Chandler Jones will give the Cardinals a needed boost in the pass rush. Dwight Freeney led the team in sacks (8.0) last season and didn't even play until Week 6.
4. Seattle Seahawks

i
2015 record: 10-6
Voting results: 828 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 3
rd-arrow.png

Stats & Information's take: The Seahawks lost three offensive linemen this offseason (and added one). This is either a bad thing or a good thing. Russell Wilson has been sacked 164 times in his career, second most since 2012.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers

i
Voting results: 788 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 6
gn-arrow.png

Stats & Information's take: Pittsburgh's biggest loss this offseason was TE Heath Miller, who retired. The Steelers replaced him with Chargers TE Ladarius Green, who has caught 67 percent of his targets the past two seasons.
6. Green Bay Packers

i
Voting results: 786 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 7
gn-arrow.png

Stats & Information's take: The Packers don't do much in free agency, but signing Jared Cook gives Aaron Rodgers a big pass-catching option. Packers tight ends ranked 27th in receiving yards last season.
7. Denver Broncos

i
Voting results: 757 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 5
rd-arrow.png

Stats & Information's take: The Broncos won Super Bowl 50, but the offseason has been all about departures. Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Ryan Harris and Evan Mathis are all gone.
8. Cincinnati Bengals

i
Voting results: 743 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 8
Stats & Information's take: The only free agent the Bengals have signed from another team this offseason is safety Taylor Mays, who played for the Bengals from 2011-14.
9. Kansas City Chiefs

i
2015 record: 11-5
Voting results: 662 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 9
Stats & Information's take: Not a great offseason for Kansas City so far. The team lost two draft picks for tampering and lost two offensive linemen and CB Sean Smith in free agency. Plus, Justin Houston might miss 2016 after having ACL surgery in February.
10. Minnesota Vikings

i
2015 record: 11-5
Voting results: 643 points
Post-Super Bowl ranking: No. 10
Stats & Information's take: The Vikings are trying to rebuild the offensive line with the signings of Alex Boone and Andre Smith. No quarterback was pressured more often than Teddy Bridgewater last season (37 percent of dropbacks).
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...harts-in-post-free-agency-espn-power-rankings

The Broncos are interested in QBs BHoyer and JMcCown now. popcorn

You go, Elway!

You go, Elway!

Heard this morning that the Jets may have interest in Hoyer, as well.

Speculation was that Cincy, Tennessee or New England might end up trading one of their young backups and signing Hoyer.

Who knows?

Heard this morning that the Jets may have interest in Hoyer, as well.

Speculation was that Cincy, Tennessee or New England might end up trading one of their young backups and signing Hoyer.

Who knows?

Why would the Pats trade JimmyG and pick up that guy? :eek:

You go, Elway!

No SB team has ever fallen so fast at the QB position. It is glorious. :dbanana:

You go, Elway!

No SB team has ever fallen so fast at the QB position. It is glorious. :dbanana:

WAIT A SECOND!!!!!

Everyone seems to forget how bad Manning was. possibly the worse QB in the NFL. I guy like Hoyer coming in and playing in the Kubiak system of handing it off and not forcing throws could have a 2008 Matt Cassell type of year.

I know the replacements suck but lets remember WHOM they are replacing - 2015 season Manning not 2013 MAnninHGH. Big Difference.

Back