Random Jets Stuff Thread

At least your field of fucks seems fertile, mine is a barren high cold rocky desert of a place, where nothing has or will grow.

Sounds like

What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow
Out of this stony rubbish? Son of man,
You cannot say, or guess, for you know only
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

The Wasteland
T.S. Elliot

What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow
Out of this stony rubbish? Son of man,
You cannot say, or guess, for you know only
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

The Wasteland
T.S. Elliot

Our offense has a very fast paced plan,
But though injuries have made it a waste land
.....Free agents we should spurn
.....‘Cause they haven’t time to learn
And we should never sign one in haste, man.

cRy7RYV.png

Do they throw him into the fire like Sanchez & Smith. Let him sit learn the offense.

I think he plays this year but they sit him for a bit. I’m going to the December 2nd game in Nashville, I’d like to see him under center for that game.

Not that anyone needs a reminder that the Jets suck, but here's one anyway.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-new-york-jets-1828127277

That piece is magnificent. So many factual slapstick moments are reincarnated from the JETE's bleak past. Thanks for posting; I loved every word of it.

A few comments I found appropriate for the moment.

...when you trade three second-rounders to move up three spots, and the dude you end up drafting looks like a drunk teenager at a Nantucket wedding, you’ve made a terrible mistake. Last season Sam Darnold threw 13 picks and fumbled 12 times in 14 games. A USC quarterback with a fumbling problem? WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT BEFORE?
<figure class="js_marquee-assetfigure align--center"><svg class="svg-icon svg-zoom-in"><use xlink:href="https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-new-york-jets-1828127277#iconset-zoom-in"></use></svg><video autoplay="autoplay" loop="" muted="muted" poster="https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--jcJYSAs1--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/gqtu0cbmkudwxorhqrpd.jpg" data-chomp-id="gqtu0cbmkudwxorhqrpd" data-format="gif" data-width="640" class="cursor-pointer" controls="">Your browser does not support HTML5 video tag.</video>

</figure>It never gets old. If we were talking about Lamar Jackson, that kind of regression on the field would have dropped a QB down into the third round. Instead, every NFL scout was like LALALALALALA ALL I REMEMBER IS THAT ONE ROSE BOWL LALALALALA and Darnold got cloud-soft profiles like this one:

The good news for you Jets fans is that, even if Darnold stinks, you no longer have to pretend that Bryce Petty was worth a shit. He’s with Miami now, and Christian Hackenberg is out of the league entirely after the Raiders needed just three weeks to figure out what the Jets needed two whole seasons to learn.

Adam:
I’m a fan of a baseball team that, so far this season:
- Had a star pitcher get diagnosed with hand, foot, and mouth disease
- Has a star pitcher with a sub-2 ERA and only is 5-5
- It’s star outfielder comes back after 2 months on the DL, homers, and then reveals after the game he needs double heel surgery
- Batted out of order
- Started 12-2 and ended May with the worst record ever after starting 10+ over .500
- Set a major league record for ineptitude of batting average on a homestand
And yet, somehow, someway, I’m still dreading the Jets season more. Todd Bowles just decided to punt again.
Rory:
Sam Darnold’s career won’t truly begin until he’s pile-driven all the way to China in Week 1, never to be heard or seen from again.
Josh McCown continues to exist as a man who plays in the National Football League largely because the Jets exist.

Fortunately for us, Brady’s only got about 10 years left.

It has sometimes struck me that every other team in the AFC East seems to feel a ton of pressure to get their "own Brady" and that has led to a ton of high (too high, often) draft picks and then a rush to get those guys in there which has made it even tougher on them. Then it's lather, rinse and repeat where a more patient approach might have eventually made things competitive.

Which brings us to the Jets.

What is your take on Darnold? Would you be good with him sitting to mature for a while or do you want him to start right away?

Forgive me if you've already weighed in on the topic.

I think he's got the most potential out of any of the AFC East QBs picked in the last decade (other than Jimmy G) and I fear that your guys won't fuck this one up.

It has sometimes struck me that every other team in the AFC East seems to feel a ton of pressure to get their "own Brady" and that has led to a ton of high (too high, often) draft picks and then a rush to get those guys in there which has made it even tougher on them. Then it's lather, rinse and repeat where a more patient approach might have eventually made things competitive.

Which brings us to the Jets.

What is your take on Darnold? Would you be good with him sitting to mature for a while or do you want him to start right away?

Forgive me if you've already weighed in on the topic.

I think he's got the most potential out of any of the AFC East QBs picked in the last decade (other than Jimmy G) and I fear that your guys won't fuck this one up.
I think he’ll play this season but I’d really rather they didn’t start him week one. Josh is a capable QB and all from everything I’ve heard/read, he’s going out of his way to work with Sam. There’s nothing wrong with being patient with the kid.

Back