Random Thoughts

on this day eight years ago, I was at the hospital with my first daughter. She was admitted at six days old for her bilirubin. It was honestly the most scared I had ever been in my life. She was in an incubator with bililights and an iv. Second scariest moment of my life was when my wife got admitted the day after getting out of the hospital for high blood pressure after our second daughter was born.

Then there was tonight, wasn’t as scary but I was covering a basketball game 20 minutes south of the station when my father in law called. My wife was working when her blood pressure suddenly bottomed out. I booked it out of that gym, drove 15-20 mph over the speed limit (in a station car) to the station. Dropped gear off and drove another 30 minutes doing 10 over to get the hospital. After tests, labs, and a bag of fluids, nothing definite on what happened but now I’m going to bed now.

on this day eight years ago, I was at the hospital with my first daughter. She was admitted at six days old for her bilirubin. It was honestly the most scared I had ever been in my life. She was in an incubator with bililights and an iv. Second scariest moment of my life was when my wife got admitted the day after getting out of the hospital for high blood pressure after our second daughter was born.

Then there was tonight, wasn’t as scary but I was covering a basketball game 20 minutes south of the station when my father in law called. My wife was working when her blood pressure suddenly bottomed out. I booked it out of that gym, drove 15-20 mph over the speed limit (in a station car) to the station. Dropped gear off and drove another 30 minutes doing 10 over to get the hospital. After tests, labs, and a bag of fluids, nothing definite on what happened but now I’m going to bed now.
i hope she's ok. please let us know!

Wow, this was bolted around Robbie Knieval's spine!

GDGWH-TW0AAjK-t

An amazing picture and story.

This is a young Iranian man who is about to be hung in the public square. He killed an Iranian judge who had put to death thousands of people allegedly opposed to the Ayottollah. No proper trial or witnesses, of course. His smile and smirk is a gigantic fuck you to the regime..

His name was Majid Kavousifar.

GCx78fAWgAAGCzv

GCx79ZkXMAAQTfk

GCx7_AiXkAAM3XK

GCx7_aeX0AANhkA

An amazing picture and story.

This is a young Iranian man who is about to be hung in the public square. He killed an Iranian judge who had put to death thousands of people allegedly opposed to the Ayottollah. No proper trial or witnesses, of course. His smile and smirk is a gigantic fuck you to the regime..

His name was Majid Kavousifar.

GCx78fAWgAAGCzv

GCx79ZkXMAAQTfk

GCx7_AiXkAAM3XK

GCx7_aeX0AANhkA

Now that's the noble face of a man who knows he did right I'm the face of great evil.

Possible explanation. A few years ago she got this way at a birthday party. I picked her up and not long after she had a cold or something with a fever. She has a fever now so that might be explanation.

Happy. I have an owl family in the neighborhood again. Been years.

Very cool.

Don't know what breed you guys get out there, but here the suckers have a wing span sometimes almost the with of the road. I've mistaken them for big ass vultures before.

Enjoy and if you'd like a hand naming them, Prometheus is a good name.

✌️

I'm not sure where my wife found this. She just sent it off in the family chat. Great stuff for our kids that are just starting off or soon will be in their careers. I thought I would share it here.

You aren’t paid according to how hard you work, you are paid according to how hard you are to replace.

They say nobody is indispensable. Yet, organizations go to great lengths to retain employees who are seen as critical for their operations.

So, how do you make yourself indispensable at work? How do you grow in places never thought you would?

1. Do work that matters. Make your manager’s priorities your priorities. A good boss is better than a good company. A good boss is hard to find and is the biggest factor in your career sucess. Employees who want a boss that looks out for them also have to do their part - a boss who doesn't trust you won't give you opportunities to grow.

2. Develop deep expertise in tasks that are critical for the organisation. Be so good that people have to work with you. You will have the chance when somebody who already has a unique skill leaves the company, and you step in to replace them. Or it will happen when a new initiative requires skill the company has never before had. Step out of your comfort zone and start doing stuff you have never done before. You cannot grow unless you take up new challenges.

3. Build Relationships at all levels. Be a friend to everyone, say hello, smile, and do not let in your heart a grudge against anyone. Hard skills get you hired, but soft skills get you promoted. Get along with all kinds of people irrespective of whether you like them or not. Relationships are important because the more supporters you have, the more you can get done in the organization. We rise faster by lifting each other up (rather than stepping on each other to go up). Your network is your networth. Your network can open doors for you. Build your network before you need it.

4. Conquer yourself. Don’t blame others for your failure. Blaming others is a subconcious mechanism to avoid responsibility and avoid some truths about yourself. Your success or failure in life or at work isn’t about other people. It’s your procrastination and excuses. You won't grow when you blame others. Success happens when you grow yourself, not outgrow others. Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners. Obstacles are often a stepping stone to make you stronger - the more of them you overcome, the stronger you become. When you are no longer able to change a situation, change yourself. Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.

5. Start now. Stress comes from ignoring things that you should not be ignoring. Break down a tedious task and start small. Don't wait to be in the mood to do a certain task. Motivation follows action. Get started, and you will find your motivation.

I'm not sure where my wife found this. She just sent it off in the family chat. Great stuff for our kids that are just starting off or soon will be in their careers. I thought I would share it here.

You aren’t paid according to how hard you work, you are paid according to how hard you are to replace.

They say nobody is indispensable. Yet, organizations go to great lengths to retain employees who are seen as critical for their operations.

So, how do you make yourself indispensable at work? How do you grow in places never thought you would?

1. Do work that matters. Make your manager’s priorities your priorities. A good boss is better than a good company. A good boss is hard to find and is the biggest factor in your career sucess. Employees who want a boss that looks out for them also have to do their part - a boss who doesn't trust you won't give you opportunities to grow.

2. Develop deep expertise in tasks that are critical for the organisation. Be so good that people have to work with you. You will have the chance when somebody who already has a unique skill leaves the company, and you step in to replace them. Or it will happen when a new initiative requires skill the company has never before had. Step out of your comfort zone and start doing stuff you have never done before. You cannot grow unless you take up new challenges.

3. Build Relationships at all levels. Be a friend to everyone, say hello, smile, and do not let in your heart a grudge against anyone. Hard skills get you hired, but soft skills get you promoted. Get along with all kinds of people irrespective of whether you like them or not. Relationships are important because the more supporters you have, the more you can get done in the organization. We rise faster by lifting each other up (rather than stepping on each other to go up). Your network is your networth. Your network can open doors for you. Build your network before you need it.

4. Conquer yourself. Don’t blame others for your failure. Blaming others is a subconcious mechanism to avoid responsibility and avoid some truths about yourself. Your success or failure in life or at work isn’t about other people. It’s your procrastination and excuses. You won't grow when you blame others. Success happens when you grow yourself, not outgrow others. Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners. Obstacles are often a stepping stone to make you stronger - the more of them you overcome, the stronger you become. When you are no longer able to change a situation, change yourself. Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.

5. Start now. Stress comes from ignoring things that you should not be ignoring. Break down a tedious task and start small. Don't wait to be in the mood to do a certain task. Motivation follows action. Get started, and you will find your motivation.
this is great,thanks!!

Apparently vacation mode is go to bed before 10 and up at 6ish for me. This will work out for Tuesday when we leave though.

is this pic real or one of them AI-generated ones?

sCapture.JPG

and why am I getting spammed on my Facebook account w/ gazillionz of 'em?? :huh:

Truth in spades.

Cheers

More Iranian news. This brave young man will have one of his eyes removed for protesting against the regime in 2017. The eye gouging will take place in prison.

Back