Ravens want more from Joe Flacco

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Could it be the Ravens are finally admitting Joe is NOT elite?

From Florio:

Is Joe Flacco elite?

That question has followed him long enough to become one of the first things associated with the Ravens quarterback. It’s also the first thing that came to mind when owner Steve Bisciotti talked about the quarterback during a press conference on Tuesday. After a season that saw Flacco throw a career-high 672 passes, Bisciotti said he thinks the team needs more from the quarterback.

“We need to get more out of Joe. He would agree with me,” Bisciotti said.

Flacco posted the highest passing yards and completion percentage of his career in 2016, but he also turned the ball over 18 times and had the second-lowest net yards per attempt of his time in Baltimore. That left him ranked No. 24 in terms of passer rating and Bisciotti isn’t the only person from the talking about the need to improve.

In his own season-ending press conference, Ravens coach John Harbaugh noted that Flacco is being paid at the top level for quarterbacks and that the Ravens “need to get him playing at that level” if they are going to get back to the playoffs for the first time since 2014. Harbaugh also talked about the need to boost the run game, but it seems clear that the Ravens feel their own route back to elite status requires that kind of performance from their quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/10/ravens-want-more-from-joe-flacco/

Well then, the Ratbirds are fukked. Flacco is barely above JAG status. They don't have the talent at the skill positions. They need to listen to the fans, a majority of them are perfectly happy to run Captain Elite and Harbawl out of town.

popcorn

Screw Bisciotti. I'm not giving him an ounce of my thoughts for free. :grrr:

When you ride your way to eliteness on a wave of yellow flags, there's going to be down years determined by variance, right?

That contract put them in salary cap hell for a long time.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Could it be the Ravens are finally admitting Joe is NOT elite?

From Florio:

Is Joe Flacco elite?

That question has followed him long enough to become one of the first things associated with the Ravens quarterback. It’s also the first thing that came to mind when owner Steve Bisciotti talked about the quarterback during a press conference on Tuesday. After a season that saw Flacco throw a career-high 672 passes, Bisciotti said he thinks the team needs more from the quarterback.

“We need to get more out of Joe. He would agree with me,” Bisciotti said.

Flacco posted the highest passing yards and completion percentage of his career in 2016, but he also turned the ball over 18 times and had the second-lowest net yards per attempt of his time in Baltimore. That left him ranked No. 24 in terms of passer rating and Bisciotti isn’t the only person from the talking about the need to improve.

In his own season-ending press conference, Ravens coach John Harbaugh noted that Flacco is being paid at the top level for quarterbacks and that the Ravens “need to get him playing at that level” if they are going to get back to the playoffs for the first time since 2014. Harbaugh also talked about the need to boost the run game, but it seems clear that the Ravens feel their own route back to elite status requires that kind of performance from their quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/10/ravens-want-more-from-joe-flacco/

Step 1: Get him an offensive line.
Step 2: Get him a WR.
Step 3: Get him a back 7.
Step 4: Get him a TE.

Or, you know, trade him. :shrug:

When you ride your way to eliteness on a wave of yellow flags, there's going to be down years determined by variance, right?

You know the funny thing?

In the game here, I think he threw one pass over 20 yards. Everything else was a 2-yard checkdown.

It was like watching Alex Smith, if Alex Smith were Frankenstein.

(Alex Smith has actually has a half-decent YPA of 7.2. Kelce and Maclin over the last two years (7.4 last year) have really done wonders, especially since their run game has gone to shit.)

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Well then, the Ratbirds are fukked. Flacco is barely above JAG status. They don't have the talent at the skill positions. They need to listen to the fans, a majority of them are perfectly happy to run Captain Elite and Harbawl out of town.

popcorn

Harbaugh will soon become Jeff Fisher East. Mark it. :coffee:

Step 1: Get him an offensive line.
Step 2: Get him a WR.
Step 3: Get him a back 7.
Step 4: Get him a TE.

Or, you know, trade him. :shrug:

Good points. I am not the biggest Flacco fan but his team has been pitiful the last 4 seasons. Once the HoF defense retired, Ozzie pretty much retired with them. The defense has no secondary and an aging Suggs and they never found any RB close to Rice who was the cog that made that offense go. Now that Smith has retired, Joe literally has no receivers.

Welp. It never hurts to try. I mean they have to justify the ticket price increase somehow and Smith was the only receiver Joe had.

Ravens may try to talk Steve Smith out of retirement
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ay-try-to-talk-steve-smith-out-of-retirement/

Smith was already the oldest receiver in the NFL in 2016 and his production has slipped a bit, with 70 catches for 799 yards, a career-low average of 11.4 yards per catch. But he’s still good enough to start for the Ravens.

Of course he is.

I just love how SS wrote the name of his real only true qb who could ever handle him and who he loves to this day (Delhomme) on his last game cleats and mentioned HIM twice in a postgame interview, but never said the word "Flacco". ROFL

Back