Rd 1, #29 - Cole Strange, IOL, Chattenooga

I agree! My position with her is now and always has been this: it's perfectly fine to not be a Patriot fan and still be here; however, its not OK to pretend to be a Patriot fan, be here and behave the way she does. It's disingenuous, dishonest and illustrates poor character. Just tell the fucking truth. She doesn't, never has and never will.

But it is up to the clown.

He makes and enforces the rules.

But it is up to the clown.

He makes and enforces the rules.
And that is why I have been quiet in action, it is up to him ultimately.

Does anyone want to add any more information about our new player?

I'm not pretending to be anything other than Patriot fan who feels Bill's time has come. I will always root for the team but will be a much happier fan when there is a new GM. Still want Bill as HC though.

Chattanooga

I'm a BB homer...but, I don't agree with what he did. He isn't perfect.
That's an honest reaction that isn't cloaked in a phony ulterior motive. The "Oh, the horror of this pick!" bull shit being spewn by famous trolls around here is the furthest thing from honest.

Other than the handful of Lazars, who are pissy because their source lied to them, the majority of the loudest screamers about this pick, last watched a college football game when Michael Vick was in the Sugar Bowl. :coffee:

And we only had one round.
True but I think everyone understand the importance of this draft and getting high end talent given all the holes. That being said, there is a long ways to go to improve this team so the next two days will be interesting to see what talent can be added. (y)

True but I think everyone understand the importance of this draft and getting high end talent given all the holes. That being said, there is a long ways to go to improve this team so the next two days will be interesting to see what talent can be added. (y)
I really need to work on my dry humor. 👍

Mods, Can you PLEASE moderate this forum. Be Cole Strange. Don't be passive. Strange isn't. He aggressively attacks and removes threats by playing, as he himself said, "To the whistle and one second longer." Stop pussyfooting around and DO SOMETHING besides deleting posts and ignoring the offending posters. Learn your protective assignments and execute them. Take off your fucking roller skates and lay down some pancake blocks. Make it hurt.

Would Would Cole Strange Do?

Mods, Can you PLEASE moderate this forum. Be Cole Strange. Don't be passive. Strange isn't. He aggressively attacks and removes threats by playing, as he himself said, "To the whistle and one second longer." Stop pussyfooting around and DO SOMETHING besides deleting posts and ignoring the offending posters. Learn your protective assignments and execute them. Take off your fucking roller skates and lay down some pancake blocks. Make it hurt.

Would Would Cole Strange Do?
If whoever it is bothers you so much, you can put them on ignore. It works really well now.

If whoever it is bothers you so much, you can put them on ignore. It works really well now.

Same. Probably the same 3. It's not like it used to be when you still had to read the ignored if they were quoted elsewhere. They just poof out of existence.

Go back and count how many posts in this thread are about Cole Strange. I had 6 people on ignore before the draft and while I don't see their posts, I see frustrated reactions to bullshit posts that fill up this thread. Treating symptoms and ignoring causes is rarely the way to improve anything.

But...as someone said, this forum has an owner who has the right to shape it the way he wants, and it's not me. Not my forum, not my rules.

So, I'm still not in favor of drafting an OG in round 1. For the positional value in a vacuum, that is.

You know what is worth a first, though? A tone-setter and culture warrior. Strange could be that guy.

I guess it breaks down like this:
  • If he can't play, he's a bust, and we have to look to the acquired 3rd and 4th rounders to judge the overall success of how Bill used #21, but it's off to a bad start.
  • If he's a Day 1 starter that holds down the position for 5 years at short money and plays fine, that's at least a solid push and use of the pick. Why? Because a large % of picks in that range bust or wash out to journeyman reserves, and that's before you consider the added value of the picks added in trade.
  • I'm not going to assume that he's a perennial probowler and latter day John Hannah, but if he's a solid starter AND whatever his version of Teddy Bruschi/Matthew Slater/Tom Brady on the practice field, in the locker room, and between the lines? Gold. And add to that he seems to be an enforcer, a presence who will make defenses think very carefully before cheap shotting Mac...

...if the coaches think they found THAT, and it happens to be in the body of one of the most athletic IOLs to have come out in recent memory? Worth a late first, even for "just" a guard. His play won't move the needle much towards a championship vs a JAG starter. But this team could use some killer instinct, and especially of the hand-in-the-dirt, gritty, outwork-em-and-fuck-the-glory variety. Imagine if the only thing he accomplishes is to hold his own...and get Brown and Wynn to play with their hair on fire?

Maybe that's what the staff thinks they found.

How do you feel about the pick? Sorry if you mentioned in previous pages. I have not read through the entire thread.
I wouldn't have picked him there. However it is a need and if he is a day 1 starter then it will be a success, round 2 will be vital and lets see what happens. We all know that ever year half the 1st rounders were not worth their pick so it a crap shoot either way. Glad they traded down so you have to consider they got the Guard they liked and also added picks.

Back