Redskins name change what!!!!!

I've not been a big fan of the name, especially since many NDNs feel it is a racial slur on par with the n-word, I don't lose much sleep over it - there's far bigger issues in NDN Country to deal with that are far more important, IMHO...

We here some of the same stuff from time to time over the logo of our basebore team (Indians). My favorite was when my old workplace had a display in the cafeteria and people complained how racist it was to have the display.

We here some of the same stuff from time to time over the logo of our basebore team (Indians). My favorite was when my old workplace had a display in the cafeteria and people complained how racist it was to have the display.

Some people complain about everything. I don't see why greater society should cave in to every complaint.

DenverNative either can't have more than one thought at a time, or she's padding stats like her hero.

DenverNative either can't have more than one thought at a time, or she's padding stats like her hero.

I've tried to use the decoder ring. It's still set to Babs Mode, which also covers Mikie on occasion. I'm still lost.

And leave the freaking name alone. We have far bigger issues in life.

If they do change the name then they should be called the Washington Monuments because they'll be monuments to stupidity.

People don't seem to mind the Florida State Seminoles. Why not just change the name to Mohawks? It's an actual tribe and much more badass than Redskins is anyway.

CSB: The high school a friend of mine went to in Illinois changed their mascot from the Chinks to the Dragons back in the 80s.

People don't seem to mind the Florida State Seminoles. Why not just change the name to Mohawks? It's an actual tribe and much more badass than Redskins is anyway.

CSB: The high school a friend of mine went to in Illinois changed their mascot from the Chinks to the Dragons back in the 80s.

Well, to be fair, the actual Seminoles in Florida don't mind the name. Most of the Lakota, from what I understand, have no issues with the "Fighting Sioux". That's one difference.

But, another difference is - as I mentioned in an earlier post - to many Indians, the word "Redskin" is basically our version of the "n-word".

I still wonder how this hasn't been changed sooner in our ultra-PC society

Back