Reiss on Brady

CPTK

Reaction score
I feel as though Mike Reiss was using a straw man argument in his attempt to paint fans as ignorant boobs who are ruled only by emotion. He basically stated that the same fans who were asserting that Brady is in decline after Sunday's game were saying Brady was in his prime after the Saints game.

How would he know that? Does he keep track of every fan? I have thought all season that Brady has been showing clear signs of decline. I was happy to win the Saints game, but I did not in anyway think the overall performance by Brady was anything like a prime Brady. I also didn't hear too many fans saying that either. Who I DID hear saying things like that were members of the media.

So Reiss ascribes an overreaction to the Saints game's final drive by the media to fans, in order to paint fans as inconsistent emotional idiots, while implying that the media--including him--always keeps an even, logical approach. He also asserted that the 36-year-old Brady of 2013 is the same old Brady of the past, which is clearly false.

Sorry, but of all of the reporters and talking heads that are out there, Reiss is the only even-keeled, unbiased, most logical and straightforward reporter there is.

I also disagree with you claiming his assertion that "Brady of 2013 is the same old Brady of the past" is a falsehood. He is the same Brady as in the past. He's taking some significant hits in the past few weeks and clearly has some injuries along with the learning curve of his kindergartners and no tight end.

Brady is hurt, the WR's are picking up the offense and his 'established' weapons are a mess with injuries and stuff.

As soon as Tom heals, the wounded talent returns and the kids are no longer thinking Tom will be doing what Tom does!!!

I remember how painful it was for me to watch the decline of Evander Holyfield. I was a huge fan back in the days when heavyweight boxing was worth watching. Seeing him get dismantled by James Toney was so painful I felt like crying. So I don't begrudge those who will never admit that Brady, at 36 years old, is losing skill. Father Time is cruel and takes all our heroes. There will be a great deal of people who make excuses for Tom Brady until the day he retires, and I'm okay with that.

Brady would be fine if he just stopped having teh sexx before game, as a matter of fact, stop having teh sexx during the season Brady :cuss:

Sorry, but of all of the reporters and talking heads that are out there, Reiss is the only even-keeled, unbiased, most logical and straightforward reporter there is.

I also disagree with you claiming his assertion that "Brady of 2013 is the same old Brady of the past" is a falsehood. He is the same Brady as in the past. He's taking some significant hits in the past few weeks and clearly has some injuries along with the learning curve of his kindergartners and no tight end.

I do believe you're on the wrong forum, ma'am. This is BradyHaters.com. I think you want the forum next door :wink:

No, but seriously.
:rolleyes:

Come on, aren't you employing a logical fallacy? Observing decline in an older player doesn't really have anything to do with hating him, does it? I love Tom Brady.

Come on, aren't you employing a logical fallacy? Observing decline in an older player doesn't really have anything to do with hating him, does it? I love Tom Brady.

Are you the one draining him dry in the bed? :cuss:

I don't know where you're seeing a decline in Brady. His offensive line blows. His receivers are young and learning. He's had no tight end. He has had no 3rd-down back for screens. Get a grip.

Also, you have now used two phrases, "straw man" and "logical fallacy", so if you're the member formerly known as BL12.....never mind.

ROFL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner

Ultimately, all players get older, and their production falls. It seems to be happening to TB right now. In fact, he did slow down a little bit last year, and this year may be a compounding of it. The receivers are young, the Oline has not played up to its high standards, but I have seen TB miss too many open receivers even when there was no pressure. He is definitely not the same guy. Maybe he is in a slump. If so, he will eventually come out of it. Maybe age has caught up to him. I hope that is not the case. If it is, the Patriot way will not be to keep him around. That will be truly sad.

Lots of trolls recently.

So I'm a troll because I disagree with you? I think Brady's performance has declined in the past couple years, and if necessary I can provide a lot of data to support that position. You seem to disagree (I guess--all you've done so far is call me a name), which is fine with me. Make your points and move on. Calling me a name isn't going to magically invalidate my point though.

Ultimately, all players get older, and their production falls. It seems to be happening to TB right now. In fact, he did slow down a little bit last year, and this year may be a compounding of it. The receivers are young, the Oline has not played up to its high standards, but I have seen TB miss too many open receivers even when there was no pressure. He is definitely not the same guy. Maybe he is in a slump. If so, he will eventually come out of it. Maybe age has caught up to him. I hope that is not the case. If it is, the Patriot way will not be to keep him around. That will be truly sad.

I agree. I do think there have been a lot of dropped passes and a couple bad games for the oline, but there have also been a lot of bad throws to open receivers while receiving great protection from the line.

Points well made. He has had some tough sailing to deal with admittedly.

But he's missed more WIDE OPEN throws in this early part of the year than his entire past body of work IMO.

Something's up.

And unfortunately, for all of us, I think Father Time is at least pulling in the driveway if not knocking on the door. I love the guy. What he's done for us has been nothing short of amazing. But it's coming. Sooner rather than later.

So I'm a troll because I disagree with you? I think Brady's performance has declined in the past couple years, and if necessary I can provide a lot of data to support that position. You seem to disagree (I guess--all you've done so far is call me a name), which is fine with me. Make your points and move on. Calling me a name isn't going to magically invalidate my point though.

You're a troll because in your first ten posts you've done nothing but write shit about our players.

Your points, like "Arrington is terrible," don't really need invalidation for what it's worth.

You're a troll because in your first ten posts you've done nothing but write shit about our players.

Your points, like "Arrington is terrible," don't really need invalidation for what it's worth.

Is that the extent of your point?

I don't know where you're seeing a decline in Brady. His offensive line blows. His receivers are young and learning. He's had no tight end. He has had no 3rd-down back for screens. Get a grip.

Also, you have now used two phrases, "straw man" and "logical fallacy", so if you're the member formerly known as BL12.....never mind.

ROFL

I don't know if I'd use the word "decline" but there have been what appear to be uncharacteristic plays this season.

In just about every game he apparently failed to see a WR had gotten free behind the defense and didn't try to get them the ball.

I can't say with any certainty that such things never happened before, but I don't recall them being pointed out by the talking heads during the game.

In multiple games, he way over threw a receiver (10+ yards) that was behind the defense on a double move.

These weren't with the rookies either, one was with Vereen, one was with Eddleman.

Does this mean TFB is teh suck? No of course not.

However, I do think that he has had "anomalies" in his play this season that do not resemble his play in the past.

Personally, I wonder if the loss of Martinez is having any impact.

I don't know if I'd use the word "decline" but there have been what appear to be uncharacteristic plays this season.

In just about every game he apparently failed to see a WR had gotten free behind the defense and didn't try to get them the ball.

I can't say with any certainty that such things never happened before, but I don't recall them being pointed out by the talking heads during the game.

In multiple games, he way over threw a receiver (10+ yards) that was behind the defense on a double move.

These weren't with the rookies either, one was with Vereen, one was with Eddleman.

Does this mean TFB is teh suck? No of course not.

However, I do think that he has had "anomalies" in his play this season that do not resemble his play in the past.

Personally, I wonder if the loss of Martinez is having any impact.

There's no question that the loss of the one person he reached out to after every game and spent weeks in the offseason correcting flaws in his mechanics has affected him. The truth of the matter is that he's often struggled with underthrows/overthrows, but having a Welker or the likes of even a Gaffney or Branch helped put consistent numbers on the board. These young guys will catch up. But make no mistake, Wendell is a big part of the problem here. Decline? No. The people around him? A huge part of his problem.

There's no question that the loss of the one person he reached out to after every game and spent weeks in the offseason correcting flaws in his mechanics has affected him. The truth of the matter is that he's often struggled with underthrows/overthrows, but having a Welker or the likes of even a Gaffney or Branch helped put consistent numbers on the board. These young guys will catch up. But make no mistake, Wendell is a big part of the problem here. Decline? No. The people around him? A huge part of his problem.

I think it is huge missing his Guru, more than we can know. The WR's and TE's don't matter as much as his comfort within himself

Back