Reiss on Brady

OK this Brady is losing it is a bunch of Bullcocky. #1 I haven't seen so many dam dropped passes by the Pats ever..If that doesn't shake a QB's confidence nothing will..
Its quite obvious the changes to the offense was too much for Brady. To think he could keep the same numbers as having a Woodhead, Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, Ridley not getting punished,no Vereen, and combine that all with poor offensive line play can explain a lot about what happen to Brady... Ive never really thought Brady was all that great a deep ball passer, but IMO he had or has the best short and intermediate passing game ever still. I have not one shred of doubt that we will see Tom Brady regain his confidence as long as we don't keep losing guys on the offensive line...TB is not a Super Human QB, and never was,but he is the Best ever, and he's far from done...

I have read a hundred (thousand?) "explanations" for what ails Brady this year. This is the best so far in that he hits all of the points.

I totally agree.:toast:

OK this Brady is losing it is a bunch of Bullcocky. #1 I haven't seen so many dam dropped passes by the Pats ever..If that doesn't shake a QB's confidence nothing will..
Its quite obvious the changes to the offense was too much for Brady. To think he could keep the same numbers as having a Woodhead, Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, Ridley not getting punished,no Vereen, and combine that all with poor offensive line play can explain a lot about what happen to Brady... Ive never really thought Brady was all that great a deep ball passer, but IMO he had or has the best short and intermediate passing game ever still. I have not one shred of doubt that we will see Tom Brady regain his confidence as long as we don't keep losing guys on the offensive line...TB is not a Super Human QB, and never was,but he is the Best ever, and he's far from done...

FO isn't all that sure either.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/week-8-dvoa-ratings

Come on, aren't you employing a logical fallacy? Observing decline in an older player doesn't really have anything to do with hating him, does it? I love Tom Brady.
You can't observe career decline in three games. If he was in top form at the end of the Saints game, then how is he now over the hill? This is a variance between games, not a career decline.

If you don't want to recognize a swollen hand, loss of Gronk, Ahern, Welker and the others, and say it is all on Brady's decline, go ahead. If you say this enough years, eventually you'll be right. But you'll never be right trying to paint Reiss as an over-emotional, irrational reporter.

He shoots square, reports what he sees and is accountable - the only sports reporter I know who takes responsibility for his bad predictions.

Pick on Felger or Borges as hype reporters. Not sure who you can pick on as a Pats player who is over the hill. BB generally gets rid of a player a year too soon rather than a year too late.

Brady going to have to stop forcing the ball to Gronk . In double & triple coverage. Start trusting his WRs to catch something more then a short 3 yard out routes. That seems to be the play of choice last week.

Kirwan made an interesting point today - it started with him breaking down Cover 2 Man, particularly in a 4 wide personnel group from the offense, and what it did on 3rd and long. He segued into why the Patriots have struggled on 3rd down this year, which was largely related to the loss of Woodhead/Vereen. He considers the 3rd down back to be the x-factor of Cover 2 Man because the 4 wide essentially ties up 6 men, 4 men covering the receivers, and 2 deep safeties. This leaves 5 linemen blocking 5 defenders, with the running back free, particularly on draw plays where the receivers have time to draw their 6 men further down field, with the safeties deeper and the cb's playing man and not seeing the running side of the play develop immediately.

Now, why we're ending up in 3rd/long as often as we are is a different story entirely, dropped balls, inconsistent running on 1st downs, etc, but it was a pretty cool breakdown that he also tied into the resurgence of Philip Rivers (sproles left, Rivers sucks, woodhead comes to town, Rivers is back, etc). Gives me some hope for the return of Vereen, and some better insight as to why Faulk then Woody had so much success with the 3rd down draw play for all those years. Simple math that eluded me strategically.

Kirwan made an interesting point today - it started with him breaking down Cover 2 Man, particularly in a 4 wide personnel group from the offense, and what it did on 3rd and long. He segued into why the Patriots have struggled on 3rd down this year, which was largely related to the loss of Woodhead/Vereen. He considers the 3rd down back to be the x-factor of Cover 2 Man because the 4 wide essentially ties up 6 men, 4 men covering the receivers, and 2 deep safeties. This leaves 5 linemen blocking 5 defenders, with the running back free, particularly on draw plays where the receivers have time to draw their 6 men further down field, with the safeties deeper and the cb's playing man and not seeing the running side of the play develop immediately.

Now, why we're ending up in 3rd/long as often as we are is a different story entirely, dropped balls, inconsistent running on 1st downs, etc, but it was a pretty cool breakdown that he also tied into the resurgence of Philip Rivers (sproles left, Rivers sucks, woodhead comes to town, Rivers is back, etc). Gives me some hope for the return of Vereen, and some better insight as to why Faulk then Woody had so much success with the 3rd down draw play for all those years. Simple math that eluded me strategically.
Makes total sense too me.

You can't observe career decline in three games. If he was in top form at the end of the Saints game, then how is he now over the hill? This is a variance between games, not a career decline.

Well, he wasn't. Remember, he threw that ridiculous INT before the defense gave him another chance?

Defense won that game, as they have won the majority of them this year. Imagine if we had a QB who could play like a top 15 QB. :coffee:

Well, he wasn't. Remember, he threw that ridiculous INT before the defense gave him another chance?

Defense won that game, as they have won the majority of them this year. Imagine if we had a QB who could play like a top 15 QB. :coffee:

He'll be back after the bye. Bank on it.

I really hope they get up big early and we get some Mallett time and Tommy is sitting with his hand in ice for teh second half.

but I agree with you, he needs to recharge and the Bye week will be huge for the self scouting the pats do

I'm liking that NE is winning despite Brady not playing like Brady, especially when most other fanbases are convinced that the team would be a cellar-dweller without him.

I'm liking that NE is winning despite Brady not playing like Brady, especially when most other fanbases are convinced that the team would be a cellar-dweller without him.
OK lets play future prediction time:

Tom returns after the break all repaired physically and mentally... motion adjusted, foot work ready for DWTS, and trust in teh whole offense around him... the Team puts up 35 the next two games winning both.

What kind of fall out would there be around the league if this happens? what would those who claim Tom is done be feeling? what fear would teh other fan bases have...

well get ready for it, Tom is in his oxygen chamber getting ready for the most awesomeness 2nd half of a season AFTER he takes ben into the mens room and treats him like a star struck little underage puppet in need of a hand up his ass to live.

Back