Report: Gronk to undergo back surgery

BB's Presser now at http://www.patriots.com/

Belichick says "we'll just take it as it comes" as they move forward without Gronkowski. "It's an unfortunate situation..nobody's worked harder than Rob or been a better teammate.""

"I have nothing to add to the statement that was released."

"Rob's an important player but all of our players are important."

Re Lingel "He has some skills, he works hard. He was on the Bengals' PS last year." lol

Watching Belichick's presser live right now. So painful to watch reporters twist in wind as a BB shuts down one question after another regarding Gronk. Once the gallery was left completely defeated they started asking questions about the Rams and football and now He's answering questions quite openly.

Hey Chevss (or anyone else that watched the presser),
One reporter asked about the Viking HC missing Thursday night's game and if the Pats had contingency plans for such an event. BB smirked and paused (obviously, BB was rolling through a ton of clever retorts in his mind) before saying that would be "an audible", and then said something about "waiting to see 9 foot splits", like it was an old joke. Is this just an old lineman joke, or was BB just singing the reporter? Thanks

Hey Chevss (or anyone else that watched the presser),
One reporter asked about the Viking HC missing Thursday night's game and if the Pats had contingency plans for such an event. BB smirked and paused (obviously, BB was rolling through a ton of clever retorts in his mind) before saying that would be "an audible", and then said something about "waiting to see 9 foot splits", like it was an old joke. Is this just an old lineman joke, or was BB just singing the reporter? Thanks

My recollection is that is in reference to 9 foot Defensive End splits.

Gronkowski has played his last game as a Patriot. Take it to the bank.

I think that is on the table or at the very least they restructure his contract to be a lot less. No way you pay him top money with 3 back surgeries. He basically will need to be a part-time player and should be paid as such.

I was also thinking yesterday how protected he has been having Brady as his QB given Brady puts the ball out of harms for him most of the time. And yet he has still been injured a ton.

I'm just glad it happen now with 5 games to go and not the last game against miami or something like that. This Team has a decent run game and Good recievers to fill in. You all know as well as i do this season from here on out will come down to the online. If they block well the offense will be just fine. If they implode like they did in the AFCC game last year then it wont matter if gronk is around or not.

wishes for a full recovery Gronk. We need another TE right now though. Bennett should be used sparingly for the rest of the regular season. Even if we bring up Lengl(sp), wwe should sign another TE

Let's compare this to last year this week, when we thought Gronk was lost for the season in Denver.

Last year, No Edelman, No Lewis, Amendola on one leg, no other TE to speak of, OLine in shambles.

This year, Edelman healthy (mostly), Bennett, Hogan, Mitchell, Lewis back and getting better, OLine stable and playing well.

This offense will adjust and still be very good.

Let's compare this to last year this week, when we thought Gronk was lost for the season in Denver.

Last year, No Edelman, No Lewis, Amendola on one leg, no other TE to speak of, OLine in shambles.

This year, Edelman healthy (mostly), Bennett, Hogan, Mitchell, Lewis back and getting better, OLine stable and playing well.

This offense will adjust and still be very good.

Agree with you about the O. It's the D that concerns me though. #fingerscrossed

Rob Gronkowski’s Season Ends With 69 Career TD’s, 69 YPG, and 69 Wins With The Patriots

Screen-Shot-2016-12-01-at-3.59.16-PM.png

Look, losing Gronk sucks, it’s the absolute worst. There are certain ways that people deal with sadness. For me, I curl up into a ball, feel sorry for myself, then try to make myself laugh. I couldn’t help but notice these funny things about Gronk and surgery that’ll keep him out 8 weeks. All things are coming up 69 with Gronk.
◾Rob Gronkowski scored his 69th career touchdown on October 30th and hasn’t caught a TD since.
◾His career average yards per game is… You guessed it, 69 yards per game
◾And last but not least, the Patriots have won 69 games with Rob Gronkowski in the lineup

Not to mention, the conversation with the doctors today probably went something like this:

Doc: “You’ll be out 6 to 9 weeks.”
Gronk: “69? Oh, yeah.”
Doc: “No, 6 TO 9.”
Gronk: “69.” (Grabs crotch)
Doc: “8. You’ll be out 8 weeks.”

Losing Gronk sucks, the Patriots will have to get creative with the offense. The defense isn’t going to win games, Gostkowski isn’t going to win games, so Micky D’s will have to get creative:

Now I’m just gonna go stare at this picture of Ashley Alexiss in a Gronk jersey to cheer me up, arouse me, then make me feel sad again…

Screen-Shot-2016-12-01-at-4.19.20-PM.png

link

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Gronkowski has played his last game as a Patriot. Take it to the bank.
I disagree, he will be a trading deadline deal next season.

I think that is on the table or at the very least they restructure his contract to be a lot less. No way you pay him top money with 3 back surgeries. He basically will need to be a part-time player and should be paid as such.
He's only making $4 mil next year, so not much to cut there, and doubt he'd restructure downward. In 2018 and 19, though, his salary jumps to $8 and $9 mil respectively. That's when tough decisions will have to be made. It will depend on his play/availability in 2017.

In the meantime, maybe we could give the Broncos a third or fourth round pick for AJ Derby.

They should elevate Glen and just have him wear 87.

It would fool Fisher anyway. :shrug:

(though he would probably think it was Coates).

He's only making $4 mil next year, so not much to cut there, and doubt he'd restructure downward. In 2018 and 19, though, his salary jumps to $8 and $9 mil respectively. That's when tough decisions will have to be made. It will depend on his play/availability in 2017.

In the meantime, maybe we could give the Broncos a third or fourth round pick for AJ Derby.

His cap hit for next year is $7 mil and them it jumps to $11 mil in 2018 and $12 mil in 2019. I think they look at redoing his contract this off-season to bring those numbers way down in '18 and '19 or else 2017 is his last season with us IMO.

Rob Gronkowski’s Season Ends With 69 Career TD’s, 69 YPG, and 69 Wins With The Patriots

Screen-Shot-2016-12-01-at-3.59.16-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-12-01-at-4.19.20-PM.png

link

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

I disagree, he will be a trading deadline deal next season.

That gal has curves in all the right places...:eek:

Back