RIP Charlie Watts

Yeah it flashed across my phone. RIP Charlie.l

He just recently (2 weeks?) announced he would be touring this year.

EDIT: Would not.

Last edited:
An intoxicated Jagger phoned Watts's hotel room in the middle of the night, asking, "Where's my drummer?" Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: "Never call me your drummer again."

In an era where anyone my age is seeing our heroes depart this shitty planet, I wouldn't call Watts a hero but the stones as a band are and in my mind the greatest rock and roll band of all time, hands down, no contest. RIP Charlie Watts!!

I have never been a huge Rolling Stones fan, but there are a few select songs that I love and are on my Spotify, and I think they probably reflect a side of the Stones that most folks don't know about. They have a variety of really solid blues songs.

This is one from my playlist.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e05rHpwjx8

RIP Charlie.

In an era where anyone my age is seeing our heroes depart this shitty planet, I wouldn't call Watts a hero but the stones as a band are and in my mind the greatest rock and roll band of all time, hands down, no contest. RIP Charlie Watts!!

I don't consider this a shitty planet by any stretch however is a little less wonderful with Charie's passing.

All the icons of my youth are passing, which means I ain't a youth anymore. Sucks, but it's true.
Watts, Petty, Peart, Bowie are the most recent ones that really hit a nerve.

RIP CW

I've been losing them since the late 90's. The first while not unexpected as he held such clarity on the subject of his addiction as is evidenced in his lyrics, Layne Staley was the first to hit me hard, then not many years later I lost a good friend at the unnatural young age of 50 in Type O Negative's truly unique front man Peter Steele. But now they are coming hard and fast.

I know it's a fact of life, just makes the world shine little less bright when those with the brightest lights flicker and pass to eternernity.

Last edited:
I've been losing them since the late 90's. The first while not unexpected as he held such clarity on the subject of his addiction as is evidenced in his lyrics, Layne Staley was the first to hit me hard, the not many years later I lost a good friend at the unnatural young at 50 in Type O iNegative's truly unique front man Peter Steele. But now they are coming hard and fast.

I know it's a fact of life, just makes the world shine little less bright when those with the brightest lights flicker and pass to eternernity.
I didn't think anyone but me and my friends liked Type O negative. Their cover of "summer breeze" is a legend in my group, we all love it and play it when we are together. It's just funny as hell.

I didn't think anyone but me and my friends liked Type O negative. Their cover of "summer breeze" is a legend in my group, we all love it and play it when we are together. It's just funny as hell.

Yeah, they were and are one of my true pleasures.

I became friends with Peter when my best friend an I followed them around New England on an 11 date smaller venue tour. He became so familiar with seeing us that at one point he invited us on their tour bus to hang for the night drinking whiskey and we were friends till he tragically passed.

Funny thing about Peter, that first night on the bus he was pouring us shots all the while drinking Gatorade and taking, to my mind crazy doses of vitamins. 😅

Also from the very first New England show in Vt I got to know very deeply the most beautiful and talented openening act of Swedish metal godesses that never got a fair shake, Drain STH. Still dear friends with them to this day.

The lead singer, Maria is now married to the legendary Sabbath riff master, Toni Iommi. Still in touch with her.

Brushes with greatness can be kinda awesome. And these friendships have lasted many years. 💖

Last edited:
Back