Rules of the Road

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Have people just lost their minds lately or is it me?

Do turn signals even exist? Stop signs?

Coming in to work this morning (at 6:40AM) not once but twice I had a car zip through a stop sign to make a right turn right in front of me. Not one of those "coast through the stop sign" while going straight with no one around. These two people had to have seen me. One was very close to getting rear ended by me.

There are two four way stops on my way into work. 75% of the time, anyone going left directly across from me fails to use a turn signal. I don't hesitate. If they start and I start, I won't stop. And I love the turn signal once the turn is started.

Yes, I'm ranting but I can't be the only one who is irritated by these idiots.

The only rules of the road to many are that there are no rules. Driving slow in the left lane is at the top of my list but lately it's been people who don't use turn signals. I'll be sitting at the stop sign waiting to turn onto a street and I will see an oncoming car with no turn signal indicating that it will be going straight so I sit and wait. Sure enough they end up turning at the street that I've been sitting on waiting for them to cross. If they had just burned .00001 calories by flipping that little turn signal lever then I wouldn't have had to wait for them and I could have continued on my merry way. It's a good thing that I'm not a cop because the people in my small town would absolutely hate me.

You guys are hitting the nail on the head. It’s not just you trust me.
The slow guy in the passing lane tops the list followed by the guy doing 30
Over in the slow lane.

How about the texting? I see so many people texting driving down 93. Whenever I see cars inching out of their lane I get as far away from the car as possible because it is obvious they are texting.

It should be legal to drag people from their cars and beat them to death.

I have so many pet peeves that I'd be here all day listing them. My life would be easier if everyone else just stayed off the road.

My latest is driving under the speed limit. I now drive a lot of roads that range from 25-45. It almost never fails that I'll be in a 45 with just one person ahead of me and they're doing 35. WTF.

I shouldn't have looked at this thread. Now I'm dreading my ride home.

I have so many pet peeves that I'd be here all day listing them. My life would be easier if everyone else just stayed off the road.

My latest is driving under the speed limit. I now drive a lot of roads that range from 25-45. It almost never fails that I'll be in a 45 with just one person ahead of me and they're doing 35. WTF.

That's like the asshole out on 95 doing 15-20MPH under the speed limit with 10 lengths between them and the vehicle in from of them. Hard for me to fathom people being that stupid and incompetent at life but they obviously exists in great numbers.

My son became a victim of road rage after some guy cut him off and almost hit him, flipped him the bird, and then started brake checking him.
The story had a very happy ending, because my son is a plainclothes cop, he was on duty, and driving an unmarked cruiser. You can only imagine what happened to that guy. The kind of story that warms the heart LOL

yes.. the inability to maintain constant speed. Guy loses 10 mph going up hills. That kind of stuff. All day... every day.

And the texting... the guy doing 50 in a 65 in the passing lane is often texting.
As a motorcycle rider those guys terrify me. I dread getting rear ended at a stop sign/light. It almost happened to me a couple years ago. I have to watch my mirrors and leave room to go around a car in front of me at a light. One time I was doing that and saw this car coming up behind me and showing no sign of slowing down. I could see him looking at the phone. I gassed it and ran the red light just as he looked up and slammed on the brakes. There was a cop at the opposite light, saw the whole thing, I gave him a WTF gesture, he just shook his head. No idea if he nailed that guy or not.

My son became a victim of road rage after some guy cut him off and almost hit him, flipped him the bird, and then started brake checking him.
The story had a very happy ending, because my son is a plainclothes cop, he was on duty, and driving an unmarked cruiser. You can only imagine what happened to that guy. The kind of story that warms the heart LOL

That gave me a warm and tingly.

I remember one time out on the Parkway, must have been close to 20 years ago. Cops were out there and one of the lanes closed for something. Anyway, this douchebag comes flying at the close point, starts screaming and swearing at me because I wouldn't let him over. Car behind me lets him in, got to watch about a half dozen cruisers encircle him in my rearview as I drove off. People are completely retarded.

There is a god.

Hope the bill came to about $2000.

Just curious how long it takes everyone to get to work. It takes me about 1 hour and I cover a lot of miles. I see just about everything. Texting is my absolute #1 peeve. I want to shoot paint balls at their cars to mark them so others can beware. All the other things mentioned above too.

I can't wait until the roads are replaced with all-self driving cars. Everyone would get to work faster and safer. Until then, and when their is a hybrid mix of people and machine driven cars, look out. I know I probably won't live to see the day of 100% automated cars, but in theory that would be ideal.

Just curious how long it takes everyone to get to work. It takes me about 1 hour and I cover a lot of miles. I see just about everything. Texting is my absolute #1 peeve. I want to shoot paint balls at their cars to mark them so others can beware. All the other things mentioned above too.

I can't wait until the roads are replaced with all-self driving cars. Everyone would get to work faster and safer. Until then, and when their is a hybrid mix of people and machine driven cars, look out. I know I probably won't live to see the day of 100% automated cars, but in theory that would be ideal.

My commute is 32 miles each way.

I have a 20 minute drive to work. I don't have to deal with anything close to the traffic that some of you do but sometimes I think that makes the idiots that much more noticeable.

I go 25 miles each way, mostly slow back roads. Can take from 50-60 minutes each way. If I took the highway, it would be 30 miles and take as long because the Mass Pike is a parking lot during commute times.

I’m 15 miles from my office but I work in sales and if I’m visiting customers
it can be a couple hundred in a day. Those are the days you see the loonies out in force.

Be careful for what you wish for... :coffee:

Thirty seconds.
I live and work at a private boarding school .

Used to commute from North Andover to Malden/Everett. That was painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back