Sam, I am...

The media is milking the hell out of this story. Hell any Tebow didn't get a reality TV show.

This kid duped me royally. :(
I thought he really wanted to be known as Sam the football player, not Sam the gay football player as he had said at the Combine. I thought he handled all that so well. Then he lets ESPN etc put cameras at his house for the draft. I thought, ok, that's not that big of a deal since it's an historic thing. Then a reality show???????? Oh hell no. This guy's about celebrity , not football and it's too bad. He may have hurt other gay players who may have wanted to come out. Though I hope Fisher was blindsided by this. That thought makes me chuckle.

The media is milking the hell out of this story. Hell any Tebow didn't get a reality TV show.

Actually, this is a documentary series and a simple Google search reveals several Tebow documentaries, including this one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fR4V-0DfaGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The outrage was noticeably silent over this, however. :coffee:

Too much of a distraction in Sam's life with the TV reality show, much like Teblow and all his other stuff he was involved in. He will never make it in the NFL if he does not commit 100% to making the league, I am uncertain he is 100% in.

Actually, this is a documentary series and a simple Google search reveals several Tebow documentaries, including this one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fR4V-0DfaGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The outrage was noticeably silent over this, however. :coffee:
I remember that tebow took a huge hit for everything he did, maybe not the TV show specifically but no player was discussed more than Tebow coming into the league, and it was all because of his faith, not ability to play football.

The thing about Tebow is while I disagreed with him on his extensive use of football for his outside of football platform, I believe he admitted that he was using his football career for out of football concerns. Had he said he was 100% football then done all that I'd be just as irked with him.

I have mixed feelings about it. Unlike Tebow, this guy is a 7th round pick, thus his odds to even make a team are not that high. Therefore, I understand the motivation to get a payday from wherever he can, while he's a hot commodity.

I just don't want to hear him say he's only about football, when clearly he's not.

I have mixed feelings about it. Unlike Tebow, this guy is a 7th round pick, thus his odds to even make a team are not that high. Therefore, I understand the motivation to get a payday from wherever he can, while he's a hot commodity.

I just don't want to hear him say he's only about football, when clearly he's not.

but he was a third round talent....

I agree, make it while you can, as long as you can and ride off into the sunset with plenty in your pocket, live a good life and laugh at all those who gave a sh!t

but he was a third round talent....

I agree, make it while you can, as long as you can and ride off into the sunset with plenty in your pocket, live a good life and laugh at all those who gave a sh!t

I know you're kidding, but this is the funniest part of it for me.

He's 6'1" 265 with a 23" vertical and a 4.9 40. Seriously, that's a 3rd round pick in 1968, maybe.

Ed Werder ‏<s>@</s>Edwerderespn <small class="time"> 10m </small> It seems Michael Sam and representatives did not disclose to the Rams or other teams his OWN documentary plan, fearing might not be picked

:facepalm: "Hey, Coach Fisher! Can I talk to you a second please?"

Ed Werder ‏<s>@</s>Edwerderespn <small class="time"> 10m </small> It seems Michael Sam and representatives did not disclose to the Rams or other teams his OWN documentary plan, fearing might not be picked

:facepalm: "Hey, Coach Fisher! Can I talk to you a second please? I said to you, 'I'm all about football', and dammit, I am. But this show thing? It's a PRIOR commitment. It was on my schedule long before you drafted me. And being an honorable guy, I gotta honor it, right?"

FYP :spock:

So I'm pretty much over the "he's the first openly gay NFL player to __________."

I get making a big deal over being drafted. But let's just stop there Mmkay?

Yeah I heard this on NFL Insiders, it was Les Snead the GM who said he had no idea they had a reality show going before he was drafted. Now his agent will be coming on NFL Live to "disclose just when the Rams knew Sam had a reality show". And on Insiders one of the reporters (Dan something) also said they talked to a Rams teammate who said some eyebrows were raised over the news of the reality show.Yeah, this will end well.

I'm starting to think the Rams drafted him as a publicity stunt honestly. I've already seen at least two press conferences with him and Fisher. One was just him the other had the other non-gay/interesting draft picks with it (where all the questions centered around Sam's gayness.)

The thing about Tebow is while I disagreed with him on his extensive use of football for his outside of football platform, I believe he admitted that he was using his football career for out of football concerns. Had he said he was 100% football then done all that I'd be just as irked with him.

Tebow thanked Stephen A Smith on air for only talking about him as a football player and not the other stuff. So no.

It's a distinction without difference. Splitting hairs based off of liking what one guy stands for and not the other.

Back