Sam, I am...

Too much of a distraction in Sam's life with the TV reality show, much like Teblow and all his other stuff he was involved in. He will never make it in the NFL if he does not commit 100% to making the league, I am uncertain he is 100% in.

I don't know how the Ram's could cut him without it becoming a PR disaster.

There are certain to be people and/or groups who would be convinced that he was cut do to his sexual preference and not if he actually would help the team.

As such, I would be shocked if he was cut.

There are certain to be people and/or groups who would be convinced that he was cut do to his sexual preference and not if he actually would help the team.

I agree but practice squad is not cut, I guess we need to see if game play is better than combine numbers

I do. He was drafted by golden child Jeff Fisher who can throw games and stay on the CC when he's not in the NFL. I'm starting to think they agreed to draft him because JF is teflon.

I have mixed feelings about it. Unlike Tebow, this guy is a 7th round pick, thus his odds to even make a team are not that high. Therefore, I understand the motivation to get a payday from wherever he can, while he's a hot commodity.

I just don't want to hear him say he's only about football, when clearly he's not.

He is a hypocrite. Gay people should be pissed that he is monetizing their fight. If you believe the reality show wasn't in the works for months, you are kidding yourselves - just as he "kidded" you about his intentions.

Tbh, if it's a real documentary that is legitly documenting his way into the NFL and not an Oprah reality show, I have very little against it.

I wonder if they knew his boyfriend's family is in the mob?

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/7141...lly-alarmed-by-that-but-bc-hes-gay-no-biggie/

Imagine if some other seventh round pick was dating a mafia princess?

Most likely lower level in the mob dept. Nothing like Meyer Lansky.

"I will let you in on a dirtly little secret–if you promise to keep it a secret. The Mob has LONG had tight connections with the NFL and it owners.
For example, consider the DeBartolo family, which used to control the 49ers. In January 1981, the U.S. Customs Service had received information from one of its special agents, William F. Burda, that the DeBartolo organization through its control of particular state banks in the state of Florida is operating money-laundering schemes, realizing huge profits from narcotics, guns, skimming operations, and other organized-crime-related activities. This organization is reported to have ties to Carlos Marcello, Santos Trafficante, and Meyer Lansky and because of its enormous wealth and power has high-ranking political influence and affiliations.
Does this mean that organized crime has a say in the outcome of football games? Well, is the Pope Catholic? http://www.moldea.com/nfl.html
Sure, if an individual player is involved in placing bets, the NFL will take action. And the Mob wants it that way. Nobody is supposed to profit from insider information except them.
But remember, if anybody asks you if the Mob is deeply entrenched in the NFL, just tell them “no way” and that “everything is on the up and up,” as the NFL has high ethics and integrity across the board."

"Documentary" as in the type where we listen to a single person orate on the subject matter? Or the self-grandizing infomercials we have grown to expect from todays "media"?

I suspect the latter is MUCH more likely.

Will it be football based or more about the "hardships" and publicity of being a gay football player (how DID we find out he was gay???).

I suspect the latter is MUCH more likely.

This is turning out to be a circus of his own creation. Too bad for the Rams......

Can't make that argument, they drafted him knowing he was gay. They could cut him knowing he was questionably committed and had misled them prior to being drafted, but you can't make the argument they cut him because he was gay when they already knew that drafting him.

Also, because I heart grammar, it would be "due to his sexual preference" coffee

Can't make that argument, they drafted him knowing he was gay. They could cut him knowing he was questionably committed and had misled them prior to being drafted, but you can't make the argument they cut him because he was gay when they already knew that drafting him.

Since when have all claims of discrimination been indisputably logical?

Sure, one can make a counter argument based on such an idea, but I can easily envision a response based on any one of the following concepts

* The macho men in the locker room could accept him and forced the Rams to cut him

* He wasn't judged by the same standards as others

* There was disagreement amongst the management/coaches about drafting him in the first place and those who opposed him engineered his "failure"​

Also, because I heart grammar, it would be "due to his sexual preference" coffee

Mea typo culpa

It's being put on hold:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 23m
THIS JUST IN: Michael Sam's documentary series with Oprah Winfrey's network has been postponed following discussions with Rams.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 2m
Agent: "After today's meeting with the Rams, we collectively feel it is best to postpone the project. ...

(cont) This will allow for Michael to have a total focus on football, and will ensure no distractions to his teammates."

For all the condemnation and vitriol being spewed his way for agreeing to such a documentary, I wonder if we'll get an equal reaction for his agreeing to postpone said documentary. :coffee:

Something tells me Fisher will be all butt hurt over this non disclosure of the documentary.:coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

It's being put on hold:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 23m
THIS JUST IN: Michael Sam's documentary series with Oprah Winfrey's network has been postponed following discussions with Rams.

Agent: "After today's meeting with the Rams, we collectively feel it is best to postpone the project. ...

(cont) This will allow for Michael to have a total focus on football, and will ensure no distractions to his teammates."

For all the condemnation and vitriol being spewed his way for agreeing to such a documentary, I wonder if we'll get an equal reaction for his agreeing to postpone said documentary. :coffee:

Why on earth would you possibly think the two decisions rate "Equal" responses????

One was a blatant self-centered effort at self promotion and personal aggrandizement to the detriment of the team that blessed him with career opportunity.

The other was his only option once the whole world noticed the simple facts of his first stupid decision.

You're better off sticking with your right wing Christians - loving Tebow, and hating Gays theory than this silly notion.

Cheers, BostonTim

Why on earth would you possibly think the two decisions rate "Equal" responses????

Because one is him doing it, and the other is him not doing it.

One was a blatant self-centered effort at self promotion and personal aggrandizement to the detriment of the team that blessed him with career opportunity.

Funny, I haven't heard you make such pompous, arrogant pontifications when other athletes have done documentaries.

The other was his only option once the whole world noticed the simple facts of his first stupid decision.

I forgot that you're under the impression that you're a mind-reader.

You're better off sticking with your right wing Christians - loving Tebow, and hating Gays theory than this silly notion.

LOL, yeah, no truth to that whatsoever. Joe Paterno would be proud of your ability to overlook and ignore.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Back