SB LVII - Gameday

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Guess who/what we here on the planet are really celebrating today. I will be a discordant cacophony of patriots gear all day because never mind the teams playing, today belongs to us. Currently wearing my white throwback 73 (il noon or so, then Rodney til gametime, Then my white Pat Patriot 12 for the game. Throw in caps, socks, if the house gets chilly maybe my Salute to Service Hoodie or my genuine Equipment Hoodie with sleeves chopped off. Maybe some other stuff. Anyway, that's how I will make this meaningless exhibition game seem meaningful!

View: https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1624572605251330048

-The #Chiefs-#Eagles matchup will be Cheffers’ third Super Bowl as a head referee

-Cheffers’ crew called an average of 12.59 penalties per game, 1.48 more than the #NFL average.

-Those penalties equated to an average of 109.94 penalty yards per game, which is 18.68 more than the league average.

My thoughts.
The Eagles are favored by 1.5 points but with Mahomes getting healthier I think the Chiefs are being undersold. Imo, the Chiefs should be favored.
Both teams have great OLs and DLs. The trench warfare should be a real battle. For all the talk of the Eagles' sack count the Chiefs' pressure rate is right behind them.
Jalen Hurts has played well this year and he has the better weapons at RB and WR than Mahomes. But Mahomes has been in the SB before and Hurts hasn't.
If the Eagles can run the ball efficiently to keep the sticks moving their chances go up if for no other reason than keeping Mahomes on the bench and off the field.
With no T. Hill this year, 31 of Mahomes' 41 pass TDs this year are from inside the 10 yd line. He's become a dink and dunk QB who plays the "death by a 1000 paper cuts" game we know so well.
It could come down to the experience of Reid and Mahomes vs the inexperience of Sirianni and Hurts in the big game. I'm pulling for Philly but my money would be on KC.

-The #Chiefs-#Eagles matchup will be Cheffers’ third Super Bowl as a head referee

-Cheffers’ crew called an average of 12.59 penalties per game, 1.48 more than the #NFL average.

-Those penalties equated to an average of 109.94 penalty yards per game, which is 18.68 more than the league average.

if Cheffers actually calls holding on the Chiefs OL more than 3X's and Mahomes is not allowed to extend plays, I like the Eagles today

Should be a smooth ride with zero egregious calls.

Right?

Right?

I'll probably focus on the commercials.

Eagles being favored is fool's gold. It seems pretty clear the NFL desperately wants Mahomes to win his second ring.

Without offering any facts, figures or analysis to back this up I think the Eagles are going to win this going away.

Call it 35-17.

I don't like the Eagles but I hate the Chiefs. It will come down to stopping the Chiefs on 5th down.
I doubt if I can make it past halftime as I'm still recovering from major surgery and even with frequent naps it's hard to make it past 8.

I've been thinking Eagles, but the SB talk this week (that I've tried to avoid/minimize) keeps pointing out the Eagles had some weak competition this year.
guess we'll know in a few hours. man, I have the late start on this game. I'm doing household chores just to kill time. can't start eating and drinking this early :coffee:
(used to in my younger days and/or Pats were playing).

I've been thinking Eagles, but the SB talk this week (that I've tried to avoid/minimize) keeps pointing out the Eagles had some weak competition this year.
guess we'll know in a few hours. man, I have the late start on this game. I'm doing household chores just to kill time. can't start eating and drinking this early :coffee:
(used to in my younger days and/or Pats were playing).

It's already coming up to 7pm here, it's going to be a looooong night/morning....

It's already coming up to 7pm here, it's going to be a looooong night/morning....
True! I'm in Eastern Time zone. Pacific it's a 3:30 start and in Hawaii it's noon-thirtyish.
I was in Hawaii on my honeymoon back in '98 (that's 1998) and it was mid october. we got back from a morning snorkeling trip and went to a beach side bar. they had the "late game" on the TV and it was well into it. I remember it was in Chicago but forget who they were playing. was cold and rainy (in chicago).

True! I'm in Eastern Time zone. Pacific it's a 3:30 start and in Hawaii it's noon-thirtyish.
I was in Hawaii on my honeymoon back in '98 (that's 1998) and it was mid october. we got back from a morning snorkeling trip and went to a beach side bar. they had the "late game" on the TV and it was well into it. I remember it was in Chicago but forget who they were playing. was cold and rainy (in chicago).

It starts at 11:30 here, I mean, with the halftime show and all it will end 03:30-4am. it's a killer 😢

I'll just have to keep drinking! 🙌:beer: Hooray!!

I'm wondering if the half time show will be as shitty or even worse than the recent disasters.
I don't even watch them. I have no interest in who they have trotted out other then Prince (in the rain) which was a great one.
otherwise I'd be hard pressed to recall who they even had , let alone what they did our how it went over.

Last year's show was excellent I have to say, Dr Dre, Eminem, Snoop,50Cent, Mary J Blige, it was a perfect LA hip-hop moment.

U2 were superb in 2002 with the 9/11 tribute. Still get goosebumps when they played The Streets Have No Name with all the victims' names rolling on the screen behind them.

Back