SB LVII - Gameday

I didn’t like the flag, but it was a penalty though. I just felt like they weren’t calling that all night long and then suddenly when the game was on the line, it was time to let the Chiefs win. The referees can always point to the TV screen and say see, I told you it was a penalty. :coffee:

I thought it was a well played game overall, and KC deserved the win. I thought the holding call was garbage - same as the late hit in the AFCC, but a worse example of it - MAYBE it was a legit call, but ticky tack and you don't hand a team the AFCC or the SB on a call like that. Still think KC would have won without that call, but make them earn it.

AFCC was lopsided officiating the whole game, and Bengals win by at least 7 in regulation with decent officiating. I thought this wasn't too bad until that holding call.

Eagles defense is fraudulent - they overwhelm you with speed and quickness on the LOS, but if you can handle that they aren't fundamentally sound. Their offense, on the other hand, is a feckin' PROBLEM. They crumbled a bit in the second half, but that is an offense (scheme + personnel) that will consistently put up points and has a number of ways to beat you.

On to 2023!

On the historic 64 yard punt return there was a blatant block to back that was not called either.

I was watching for something like that on the replay, didn't catch it but seemed a bit to "easy and convenient" at that exact moment in the game.

Thanks, I'll take another look at it.

Wicker Sham is calling this the greatest Super Bowl ever.

You know, the one whose only memorable play was a penalty, the one with the stupid fumble by the QB, and with players needing ice skates because the field was absolute shit.

Says all you need to know about that moron.

You know, the one whose only memorable play was a penalty, the one with the stupid fumble by the QB, and with players needing ice skates because the field was absolute shit.

click bait with a big side order or recency bias. wasn't "greatest" by any means.
take out the ticky tack late penalty, assume chiefs kick field goal, and philly has a legit chance to score and that would improve its standing.
not the greatest by any means, and that field was a mess.

I agree - just a case of recency bias.

However, it was the best NFL game of February, 2023.

Last edited:

Most people who aren't interested in clickbait would probably suggest SB49. I know that pretty much all of us on here will not forget that one.

I've even seen some suggest 51, due to the improbable nature of the Pats comeback.

But 57? Nah bro

Remember those 2 pivot plays (return arrow) that led to easy TD throws by Mahomes that I mentioned yesterday?
Bieniemy installed those plays on Saturday night after watching the Jaguars use the basis for it against the Eagles in the 1st game of the season.

View: https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1625156247887527941

View: https://twitter.com/CoachDanCasey/status/1624960589029048324?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1624960589029048324%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Doug Pedersen helping beat philly, 😄

Back