Should Bill "Tank" the Texans Game?

After the excitement over JE11 at practice today, he has been officially ruled out for Sunday.

Gronk, however, is questionable.

This won't help him with his pizza dilemna...

and there goes the hand-modeling gig

4681b41ec41069273fd6783a443ccb1f.jpg

After the excitement over JE11 at practice today, he has been officially ruled out for Sunday.

Gronk, however, is questionable.

I don't think anyone expected Edelman to be playing. But the fact that he's made enough progress to be on the field is encouraging news. I wouldn't expect him back until the final road trip and possibly not until the playoffs.

If Gronk gets on the plane tomorrow, then I'm assuming he'll be a game time decision. But it certainly looks good for the final few weeks.

I don't think anyone expected Edelman to be playing. But the fact that he's made enough progress to be on the field is encouraging news. I wouldn't expect him back until the final road trip and possibly not until the playoffs.

If Gronk gets on the plane tomorrow, then I'm assuming he'll be a game time decision. But it certainly looks good for the final few weeks.

Edelman has bigger balls than Gronk it seems. Minitron

Edelman has bigger balls than Gronk it seems. Minitron

Ever have a bone bruise?

I have, a car was stuck in snow and I went to help push not knowing a board was under a tire. I got behind the drive tire and the 1"x6" was shot into my leg. It was 6 months before it was no longer tender. I still have a lump 30 years later where it struck me.

I agree Papa Gronk seems like a dominating ass but the risk is real to take the injury and make it greater. I am sure he is protecting his investment but letting it heal is not a bad thing IF we can get that bye still.

And I am for Edelman resting too, Flashback to Kevin McHale ruining his last few years by playing on a busted foot.

Ever have a bone bruise?

I have, a car was stuck in snow and I went to help push not knowing a board was under a tire. I got behind the drive tire and the 1"x6" was shot into my leg. It was 6 months before it was no longer tender. I still have a lump 30 years later where it struck me.

I agree Papa Gronk seems like a dominating ass but the risk is real to take the injury and make it greater. I am sure he is protecting his investment but letting it heal is not a bad thing IF we can get that bye still.

And I am for Edelman resting too, Flashback to Kevin McHale ruining his last few years by playing on a busted foot.

Yesterday, Michael Irving was on with Jerry and friends. He said that the risk with this type of injury is over-compensating for the pain and injuring something else. He once played with what was consider a minor injury, but he cam close to blowing his knee out because it changed the way he ran.

I heard so many 'descriptions of a bone bruise", the best is a bone bruise is cracking of the inner softer part of the bone that if stressed too much can lead to the outer, harder part being fractured.

Sucks about Hightower, looks like Stork and two Rookies on the interior of the line.

I heard so many 'descriptions of a bone bruise", the best is a bone bruise is cracking of the inner softer part of the bone that if stressed too much can lead to the outer, harder part being fractured.

Sucks about Hightower, looks like Stork and two Rookies on the interior of the line.

By definition a simple bruise is disrupted tissue with hemorrhage. Think of a bone bruise as a compression fracture of bone. A simple bone bruise is composed of microfractures of bone with hemorrhage. The big fear with simple bone bruises is that a blood supply doesn't develop quickly enough to feed that area of bone leading to a 'dry' area of bone - osteochondritis dessicans - which goes on to die. (Bo Jackson)

An MRI is often needed to distinguish between stress fractures, osteochondral fractures, fractures & bone bruises.

For more info on the pathology of bone in response to trauma:
https://books.google.com/books?id=7...age&q=what is a bone bruise pathology&f=false

Jeff Tripplette is the ref tonight. He's the guy who made the bad rule interpretation that led to NFL Central reviewing instant replay to help out field refs. Tripplette can't remember the rules or how they are enforced. He's well known to be the worst ref in the league.

Jeff Tripplette is the ref tonight. He's the guy who made the bad rule interpretation that led to NFL Central reviewing instant replay to help out field refs. Tripplette can't remember the rules or how they are enforced. He's well known to be the worst ref in the league.

Great... so Gronk if he plays will have about 10 OPI's.

Back