Should The NFL Allow Medical Marijuana Use?

Should the NFL allow medical marijuana use?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No, more research first

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • No opinion

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It should be legalized, and taxed the same as alcohol. They should be treated the same.

Big pharma doesn't agree with you.

And the private prison corporations...

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

They are not the same.

Yup, mary is way safer...

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

It is a performance inhibitor. I can't see the NFL taking it off the banned list.

I bet 75% (or higher...pun intended) of the league already duz it.

Just because many in the league may do it is not a valid reason for legalizing. I am sure many do coke and amphetamines too. I don't want Pats players to be able to legally take a performance inhibitor. Many teams have rules on alcohol consumption for this reason. Performance is effected.

Just because many in the league may do it is not a valid reason for legalizing. I am sure many do coke and amphetamines too. I don't want Pats players to be able to legally take a performance inhibitor. Many teams have rules on alcohol consumption for this reason. Performance is effected.

Mary should absolutely be legal...get it in the wrong hands though, and independence happens. :coffee:

You're right, alcohol is physically addicting and you can actually overdose on it.

Weed also leads to other more serious drug addictions.

Weed also leads to other more serious drug addictions.

No it doesn't.

People who suffer from a propensity to drug abuse have often have used marijuana, but marijuana doesn't "cause" use of or addiction to other substances.

Correlation and causation are not the same thing.

By the same token, how many drug addicted individuals got drunk before they got high?

If you could wave a magic wand and make it so weed never existed that would cure a grand total of zero cases of opiate addiction.

Also, add caffeine...cuz, you know, it's actually a drug also. :coffee:

Do you really want Pats players to be able smoke weed as freely as they consume alcohol? I mean as a fan, I don't want them taking a performance inhibitor no matter how benign we all say the effects are. There are effects and it will hurt performance. That is reason enough IMO.

And opiates don't?

~Dee~

I will admit, I love these things...I will until the day that I die. But, living through pain almost everyday makes life suck sometimes...

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Do you really want Pats players to be able smoke weed as freely as they consume alcohol? I mean as a fan, I don't want them taking a performance inhibitor no matter how benign we all say the effects are. There are effects and it will hurt performance. That is reason enough IMO.

How do you know they don't already? :coffee:

I don't want Gronk taking bong hits in the huddle or even the night befor the game but I don't want him downing a 12 rack of Bud Lights either.

Ever heard of Snoop Dog? :coffee:

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I don't want Gronk taking bong hits in the huddle or even the night befor the game but I don't want him downing a 12 rack of Bud Lights either.

He prefers vodka and water... :coffee:

I will admit, I love these things...I will until the day that I die. But, living through pain almost everyday makes life suck sometimes...

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

That was not the question. Neither one of us know if they do or don't. The question was do you want them to be able to use it as freely as alcohol? I don't. I want the team I root for to be in the best possible condition to perform.

Thats why medical marijuana is so much better. I hear ya

~Dee~

That was not the question. Neither one of us know if they do or don't. The question was do you want them to be able to use it as freely as alcohol? I don't. I want the team I root for to be in the best possible condition to perform.

AHern was known to toke heavily most of the time here...as were numerous other players.

Willie Mac is close to Snoop Dog...

Welker likes his MDMA...

Ty Law...had to blame his cousin.

Chandler Jones...

I mean, you could go on and on forever here...

etc...

Back