Six for zeke

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones is said to be furious with NFL decision, per one source. Furious.

How furious?
Furiously Furious ROFL

jjones.jpg

Ah, well, Goodell can do whatever he wants, Jerrah. You and your owners' cabal made sure of that. Enjoy!

I think the NFL has a TON up its sleeve on this one. Elliott can go through the process of appeal as is his right as a union member BUT I would not be surprised to see Roger Goodell sit himself as the arbitrator.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones is said to be furious with NFL decision, per one source. Furious.

How furious?
Furiously Furious ROFL

Furious you say? You mean he longer feels Roger is doing an "outstanding" job?

"He's got obviously a very tough job," Jones said. "Now I see some people doing that, that's that old violin that's not feeling too sorry for him because that's why you pay the big bucks is to deal with the big problems. But he's doing an outstanding job."

Perusing Cowboys boards and laughing:

<i>I would like to see that hold up in court. They can't suspend Zeke because they <b>think</b> he conducted himself in a poor way, based on evidence they <b>think</b> makes him guilty of domestic violence. Especially when the Columbus police, DA, etc. saw otherwise. Zeke has constitutional rights and the NFL can't deny them.</i>

Where was this guy the last two years? OF COURSE Goodell can do EXACTLY this, and Federal court backs him up! Constitutional rights? Pfft! Article 46, baby!

There's lots lots more

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet If Zeke Elliott has “any additional violations” of @NFL policy it “may result in your suspension or potential banishment,” Elliott was told
<time class="dt-updated" datetime="2017-08-11T16:40:48+0000" pubdate="" title="Time posted: August 11, 2017 16:40:48 (UTC)">12:40 PM - Aug 11, 2017</time>

So Elliott went from his charges being dropped in court to a six game suspension to potentially being banished from the NFL in a 2 hour span.

DG-Ro6fU0AEFNp6.jpg

He could go on to have the best CFL career since Warren Moon. :coffee:

y'know, all I'm waiting on now, is for Dallas to release him, after all, they don't like guys who get into trouble with the law on their team, right?

I mean look at that guy they released after he was arrested for shoplifting, only for it to turn out Police had the wrong guy.

The justice system may not be bringing any charges against Zeke but he's been in trouble with the law and now he's been suspended by the league.

Gotta be consistent, right Jerrah?

:coffee:

Honestly though - I'm loving this, one of Jerrah's stars is suspended and he completely changes his tune RE Goodell

Schaedenfruede at it's finest

Wait, so are we going to have to cuddle up with Cowboys fans now ala the unity between Pats-Saints fans?

:suicide:

Wait, so are we going to have to cuddle up with Cowboys fans now ala the unity between Pats-Saints fans?

I don't think it's exactly the same. The Saints and Patriots had to deal with imaginary infractions and manufactured evidence. Ezekiel Elliot is a bad dude. Anyone debating that just isn't dealing in facts, there's a long history there.

This is more of a case of ROFL @ the Cowboys and their fans, now that they've fallen off their Deflategate High Horse and faceplanted back into their fans wondering what kind of sick ****s they have on their roster.

"B-b-but Dak" is only going to go so far.

I don't see it that way. The Pats and Saints were punished for imagined violations and had picks, players, coaches (for the Saints) taken. Ezekiel is a piece of dirt. If you read the NFL's letter to him, the guy is a scumbag. Not that we did not already know that. I actually believe the league got this one right as the DV policy says 6 games but I can see how Cowboys may be irked given Josh Brown got 1 game but whatevs. That is the land of Goodell and "fair" ,"consistency" are not part of the equation. I do like however that one of the "independent" investigators was a Giants guy. LOL.

EDIT: I see Tommy already beat me to the punch (no pun intended) on this.

Full PDF of letter sent to player attached...

Very well written letter without the manufactured evidence and lies seen in the deflategate letter. The 4 people who offered their expertise independently of each other swings the deal for me. Brady didn't get that benefit.

I find the reasoning credible with the poss exception that the NFL found Elliott was cooperative for the investigation. If he was completely cooperative, why did the investigation take so long? It should have been open and shut.

Reducing the penalty on appeal stands little chance of success the way the rule is written it seems to me.

Also, screw you, Jerrah, for supporting the deflategate witch hunt.

Back