So, can we postpone this game a year or 2?

Congrats. Ugh. Well, it was kind of close for a little bit. So I guess there's that. But in the 4th quarter when we needed to score we couldn't do anything, and when we needed a stop it was like our D wasn't even there. Huge collapse there at the end. Ryan Clark should just retire. Completely burned. Good thing I picked up Dobson. I was dreading this game since we embarrassed ourselves against the Titans in week 1.

Congrats. Ugh. Well, it was kind of close for a little bit. So I guess there's that. But in the 4th quarter when we needed to score we couldn't do anything, and when we needed a stop it was like our D wasn't even there. Huge collapse there at the end. Ryan Clark should just retire. Completely burned. Good thing I picked up Dobson. I was dreading this game since we embarrassed ourselves against the Titans in week 1.

:***:

Dobson's coming out party is Sunday. They will double Gronk and Dobson will look like Jerry Rice. I dont even see this game being competitive in the second half.

You, sir, know your football.

Kudos on the prediction - you nailed it.

Nothing quite like the Steelers to get this offense back on track.

You're such a predictable fraud. ROFL ROFL ROFL

You're such a predictable troll. You even troll your fellow fans when they don't completely agree with you. I'm almost curious what in your childhood caused you to be such a ****stick. Bullied a lot as a child? Parents didn't love you? There's got to be some explanation for how you can never let anything go, even when nobody is actually fighting you.

Alright, kids. Enough with the name calling. I don't care who started it, but I'll sure as hell turn this car around and finish it. Coffee.

You're such a predictable troll. You even troll your fellow fans when they don't completely agree with you. I'm almost curious what in your childhood caused you to be such a ****stick. Bullied a lot as a child? Parents didn't love you? There's got to be some explanation for how you can never let anything go, even when nobody is actually fighting you.

:***:

Hi SF87 - nice to see you online. Long time no see. I don't hang out here much myself.

I thought today's game was really boring.

This is the first time I can ever remember being happy about a bye week because it means I won't have to watch the Patriots play next weekend.

Looking forward to the playoffs. This year can't get over fast enough.

I do like Aaron Dobson however.

Almost forgot to ask, so what do THE Hoi Polloi in Pittsburgh think of the Steelers?

Hi SF87 - nice to see you online. Long time no see. I don't hang out here much myself.

I thought today's game was really boring.

This is the first time I can ever remember being happy about a bye week because it means I won't have to watch the Patriots play next weekend.

Looking forward to the playoffs. This year can't get over fast enough.

I do like Aaron Dobson however.

Almost forgot to ask, so what do THE Hoi Polloi in Pittsburgh think of the Steelers?

It varies differently week to week. ;)
Starting 0-4: "they suck, fire Tomlin and Haley, time to rebuild."
Beat the Jets and Ravens: "hey, our division sucks, we might be able to get back into it."
Lost the past 2 games: "Its over. Going to be a long year... Can't wait till pitchers and catchers report for the Pirates..."

It varies differently week to week. ;)
Starting 0-4: "they suck, fire Tomlin and Haley, time to rebuild."
Beat the Jets and Ravens: "hey, our division sucks, we might be able to get back into it."
Lost the past 2 games: "Its over. Going to be a long year... Can't wait till pitchers and catchers report for the Pirates..."

What happened to "they suck, fire Tomlin"? You need to get Steeler Nation back to that. Tomlin is your #1 problem. Incompetent coach.

I'm not saying that it's not a legit comment when people say the reason that Gillette is so quiet is its design because it makes sense that it's a factor, but I sure heard the Steelers fans loud and clear when they were cheering.

Well Obviously, The Standard Is The Standard, and Obviously we need these men to play at The Standard. Obviously we're not satisfied with the outcomes thus far. Obviously there's a clock out there and we need to figure out what that thing is, how to use it. Obviously we have timeouts and such that we can Obviously use to manage that time. And Obviously the Standard Is The Standard, and apparently The Standard involves such things as making substitutions after a questionable play to give the Bengals enough time to challenge it. Obviously the men have heard about The Standard and how it Is The Standard but uh, Obviously playing below The Standard is unacceptable.

That's basically every Tomlin press conference ever. The problem is when he says stuff and then the next game there's no difference and the team blows, it just becomes empty clichés. It seems like discipline has slipped, a lot of the newer guys who haven't won anything act like they're something special. Like Emmanuel Sanders' little flip into the endzone. Hines Ward would have never done that if he was as inconsistent as Sanders. Apparently Tomlin pushed for us to draft Jason Worilds instead of Sean Lee and Worilds hasn't done anything. He has horrible clock management. Drafting and development certainly seems to have fallen off since the Cowher years. I think he has a good rapport with the players but I think he still has some things to improve on.
I'm gonna guess he says "obviously" a lot.

Back