So I Drove Through Canton Today

BY1401

Unapologetically Moderate
Reaction score
Ohio, that is.

Took a little side trip off of Exit 107 and spent the second half of my afternoon in the Hall.

It's pretty damn awesome.

Snapped a bunch of pictures, but I don't have anything to download them with right now, so all y'all will just have to wait. A few thoughts and observations:

1) Canton is too close to Pittsburgh, but far enough away from Baltimore.

2) The Super Bowl rings of today look vulgar.

3) The team information area has 16 display units with a team on each side. The Patriots and the Chargers share a unit. Tom Brady has LdT on his backside.

4) The Ravens display is on the right side of the Colts. The Colts display mentions the Dallas Texans and the move from Baltimore to Indianapolis. The Ravens display says nothing about being the old Browns. The only thing it alludes to is that the team started as a "veteran unit."

5) A uniform of the 2007 MVP was sandwiched between a uniform of the 2006 MVP and the 2005 MVP. They did not have a uniform of the 2008 MVP.

6) In the Super Bowl area, the 2000's decade says "Dominated by the Patriots and Steelers." However, there is a small picture of Manning in the XLI rain and a huge display dedicated to the Tyree catch, including his and Eli's helmets.

7) The rotating theater is badass.

8) There is a nice display dedicated to other leagues that is dominated by the old AFL-turned-AFC.

Okay, my pizza just showed up to the room. Ima get my eat on and let you all stew in your jealousy juices for a bit.

Glad you had a nice time. :toast:

4) The Ravens display is on the right side of the Colts. The Colts display mentions the Dallas Texans and the move from Baltimore to Indianapolis. The Ravens display says nothing about being the old Browns. The only thing it alludes to is that the team started as a "veteran unit."

Didn't Cleveland keep the Browns history, etc...? Is that why?

I went in August, 2000. At the time, I was underwhelmed. There were no Patriot displays, little Pats history or information, etc. Of course, the team sucked back then. I'd love to go back and see how that has changed.

yes, it is.

I went a couple years ago, damn cool place. Took a bunch of pictures with a standard, disposable camera.

Glad you enjoyed it. I went in 2002 and just wasn't that impressed. All of the Patriots stuff was cool but all in all I was disappointed. Rock and Roll HOF was better IMO.

Which just makes me hate the Ravens even more. Considering that according to Raven's fans, Unitas played for the Ravens (I've seen the ****ing jerseys...) and it was actually the Baltimore Ravens who won superbowl 5 (and lost superbowl 3)

2881567704_78b6bff3ff.jpg

Which just makes me hate the Ravens even more. Considering that according to Raven's fans, Unitas played for the Ravens (I've seen the ****ing jerseys...) and it was actually the Baltimore Ravens who won superbowl 5 (and lost superbowl 3)

Ravens fans are complete tools. You would expect anything different?

I'm amazed the NFL allows that shit.

I'll explain this to you-

Unitas said, when the Colts moved, that he was a BALTIMORE Colt, not an Indianapolis Colt. The guy is a Baltimore sports icon and didn't want anything to take away from that.

I'll explain this to you-

Unitas said, when the Colts moved, that he was a BALTIMORE Colt, not an Indianapolis Colt. The guy is a Baltimore sports icon and didn't want anything to take away from that.
That's because he was elbow deep in the efforts to steal the team from the Irsays. Oh yeah. My understanding was the city was going to turn control of the team over to Unitas, and he was one of the one coming that morning to confiscate the team.

To be perfectly honest, If I didn't know how much it bothered those dumb shits over there they could have the ****ing records for all I care. Unitas and crew turned his back on the team so I don't feel an ounce of obligation to them.

But I know it pisses Ravens fan's off. So Superbowl 5 is the Colts biatches. Suck on that.

Next time i go to Visit MY friend in columbus I am going to the Pro football Hall of Fame. I been to the Tennis Hall of Fame, Basketball Hall of Fame hall at Pats Place. Nothing would top the Pro football HOF.

Next time i go to Visit MY friend in columbus I am going to the Pro football Hall of Fame. I been to the Tennis Hall of Fame, Basketball Hall of Fame hall at Pats Place. Nothing would top the Pro football HOF.
:spock:

Back