So, there's this... Von Miller fine

mooseontheloose

See, moose love the Pats too!
Reaction score
VON MILLER FINED HALF OF USUAL AMOUNT FOR CHEAP SHOT ON TOM BRADY

http://thornography.weei.com/sports...-brady/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Miller was flagged for a 15-yard roughing-the-passer penalty — a fine for that infraction normally costs a player $17,363 — after leaping at an already-sacked Brady on the ground. Miller’€™s $8,681 fine is what the NFL dishes out to players for late hits.

I’m too pretty to be good at math, so please walk me through this. The going rate on roughing-the-passer penalties is $17,363. Von Miller was called for a roughing-the-passer penalty in the ONE call the officials got right Sunday night. (Not to give them too much credit by the way, since Miller so blatantly launched himself at Tom Brady’s skull bucket a full one-Mississippi after he was laying flat on his back and down by contact that it was obvious to anyone except the 70,000 window-licking morons in Denver who booed the only break they didn’t get all game.) But Miller only has to pay half that. Have I got that right?

And a quote from Reddit:

The fine listed for an equipment violation is the minimum, we can go higher if we want for Brady.
The fine listed for roughing the passer is the maximum, we can go lower if we want for hits on Brady.
So... what exactly is the purpose of the CBA?

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

cefff1611465f817b6d22c3c8219214f.jpg

The fine was for a late hit. We all know it was roughing the passer.

I would like to see Goodell get what he's defining as a late hit. He'd be dead.

Denver is a bunch of scumbags. No Ware this week vs San Diego. Big surprise. His late season fade is here again. At some point the glass slipper has to come off of Brock's foot. I pick this week against a pesky Chargers team with nothing to lose.

Denver is a bunch of scumbags. No Ware this week vs San Diego. Big surprise. His late season fade is here again. At some point the glass slipper has to come off of Brock's foot. I pick this week against a pesky Chargers team with nothing to lose.

If only SDiego's O line were up to the task of stopping Denver's pass rush.
If so, Rivers could rise to the occasion and flood the field with completed passes.
Not happening imo.

Von Miller has always been a dirty player. Remember that cheap shot he took in 2011(?) after Brady had that punt? Just a loser.

Back