So This is kind of cool (2nd Circuit Appeal Transcript)

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
I have in my hands the full audio of the appeal at the 2nd Circuit. I'm transcribing it for Daniel Wallach and Mike McCann. I have the one and only audio that has been produced, and it's really pretty interesting.

So just IMO, it's not as bad as everyone has been portraying. There are some very good points for Brady's case that have been made in questions to the NFL's attorney.

Hearing the cadence in the three judges' voices and questions gives me a totally different perspective.

If you're going to go all sunshine on us, then I don't understand the world anymore.

:coffee:

But that is way cool. :bow:

I have the one and only audio that has been produced, and it's really pretty interesting.

I always thought you might be connected. ROFL.

Very good news. Does encourage me a bit.

Cheers, BostonTim

If you're going to go all sunshine on us, then I don't understand the world anymore.

:coffee:

But that is way cool. :bow:

Definitely not sunshine, but not as bleak as I thought a few days ago. I have a deadline since McCann plans to write something for SI, but if I get a chance later I'll post a couple of points.

Definitely not sunshine, but not as bleak as I thought a few days ago. I have a deadline since McCann plans to write something for SI, but if I get a chance later I'll post a couple of points.

Thanks and wow!

~Dee~

Great news Lisa. Please share what you can when you can.

Awesome news! I knew when Ben Volin of all people had a positive take, the hearing must not have all that bad.

I have in my hands the full audio of the appeal at the 2nd Circuit. I'm transcribing it for Daniel Wallach and Mike McCann. I have the one and only audio that has been produced, and it's really pretty interesting.

So just IMO, it's not as bad as everyone has been portraying. There are some very good points for Brady's case that have been made in questions to the NFL's attorney.

Hearing the cadence in the three judges' voices and questions gives me a totally different perspective.

Our PFL is a celebrity!!

Daniel Wallach ‏<s>@</s>WALLACHLEGAL <small class="time"> 4m4 minutes ago </small> Fort Lauderdale, FL Huge thank you to <s>@</s>patsfanlisa for transcribing the <s>#</s>deflategate oral argument CD. She is the President of Copley Court Reporting in Boston.

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 15m15 minutes ago Fort Lauderdale, FL
After tonight, you can order the transcript (unofficial version) from Copley Court Reporting in Boston (website: http://bit.ly/1R3S7a1 )

Awesome news! I knew when Ben Volin of all people had a positive take, the hearing must not have all that bad.

Yeah. That was my thought too. He was almost gloating when the hearing first ended just based on the tweets. Between him and Tony Mazz, I am not sure which one enjoys the Pats getting pasted more.

Woot Woot way to go Lisa.

~Dee~

You guys are too funny. This was fun...a bit of a pressure cooker to get it done quickly, but it was fun. So, Dan will be posting pages during the course of the night of pertinent things, but here's just a few thoughts of mine.

The cell phone was a big issue. While Kessler argued the issue, he didn't hammer home, IMHO, the fact that it was never requested. The judge (Parker, I think), said basically that if new facts come to light in the appeal, can't he use that in making his decision on the appeal. The simple answer is, yes, he can.

Clement appeared to have had more time allotted to argue his case, and they didn't cut him off. Kessler was cut off, and Chin ended Kessler's time abruptly. He never really got to argue the issue of fundamental fairness in a detailed manner, though it was brought up. Still, the questioning to Clement was equally as difficult as it was to Kessler. I didn't think there were a lot of points scored in either direction. No doubt Katzmann was with the NFLPA on this.

Parker seemed to pose hypotheticals that Kessler answered well. I don't want to go into a lot of detail because I promised Wallach that I would wait until he did his thing before I used quotes, etc. Honestly, though, I think what will happen, if I were to guess, and it's just a guess, is that they will affirm Berman's ruling on the grounds of notice. They spent a lot of time on it.

Then again, what the eff do I know?

Back