So, what about the Colts? NOT THE GAME THREAD!

Guys, Mac is precisely 1.5. seasons into his NFL career. That's it. Josh Allen was terrible the first few seasons, and Mr Brady wasn't the Tom Brady who he became later when he started his Pats career.

Disclaimer for those devoid of reason; I AM NOT SAYING MAC IS EITHER ALLEN OR BRADY.

But the fact is, you simply cannot make a definitive judgement on a position like QB in just 1.5 seasons. You need at least three to see how he's really panning out.

I'm not sold either way on if we do or don't have one yet.

That is a very fair statement.

Last year I was becoming convinced then expressed my interest in seeing if "Mac" has the "Clutch Gene" Brady, Papi,, Bird, Jordan and others seemed to possess.

Right on cue that week he hit another gear when the game was on the line and brought the win home for the good guys.

Given the unusual nature of this season I've tended to grade on a, ahem, cough, gag...curve.

I really have seen not much, in context, which takes away much from what I saw last year.

Sorry for the saying, but get it right and let "Sunshine" cook.

Prove me wrong Mac but as of today you are still worthy of being QB1.

Guys, Mac is precisely 1.5. seasons into his NFL career. That's it. Josh Allen was terrible the first few seasons, and Mr Brady wasn't the Tom Brady who he became later when he started his Pats career.

Disclaimer for those devoid of reason; I AM NOT SAYING MAC IS EITHER ALLEN OR BRADY.

But the fact is, you simply cannot make a definitive judgement on a position like QB in just 1.5 seasons. You need at least three to see how he's really panning out.
This is why I think BB is doing the experimenting on the fly...trying to see what works and what doesn't.

Based only on the folks speaking on roster players the loss of Cannon seems troubling while at the same time the elevation of Taylor has me a bit excited. I remember his quickness and "screw you I'm too small and quick for the D Line to stop me" moves several years ago in preseason.

Then again, just to use examples we all know and we were none too clear on the why or what will come of it of, Brady over Bledsoe whith balls of steel on a Superbowl run, JE11 and many other examples. Bill always has a backup plan, whether it works or not, usually it does, The O Line call up my be an All Pro the end of 2023.

Or maybe get Mac killed. Lol That's the fun, interesting, hand wringing unconventionally which often ends with a look from Bill which says, "Shut the fuck up, I know what I'm doing, clearly, look at the wins". This is the character of Bill Belichicks Pariots Team.

To distill all the words to a main point, I have no idea what the fuck is going on but history requires me to say, "In Bill I trust, Go Pats!" 😂

:patslogo26::patpatriot32:

In terms of cap space this team is like the Seahawks in their first few years with Russle Wilson except there’s no taking advantage of having a QB in a rookie deal. They at least built a killer roster around him.

The time to make a decision on Mac’s next contract is coming sooner than later, and when it does the Pats either have to start drafting better, or stop handing out candy contracts to players like jonnu and Henry, or both.

Mac is going to want starter money. He’s not worth it despite all this Mac is our QB 1 talk.

The time to make a decision on Mac’s next contract is coming sooner than later

Mac is going to want starter money. He’s not worth it despite all this Mac is our QB 1 talk.
A decision about Mac needs to be done before the end of the 2025 season. No need to worry about how much you think he should or shouldn't get in 2022.

Not sure why you are so down on him? You seem to be very negative about him after 1 1/2 seasons. I mean, negative in an observation way, not an a-hole trolling way like some-who-must-not-be-named. I just wonder why so negative about a guy that is showing potential. Would you agree that at this time he is at least as good as four QBs drafted before him?

Agree.
Mac can do exactly what Brady did from 2001-2004. Take care of the ball, make the right decision, no careless or reckless throws, manage the offense. Take what the defense gives you. Death by a hundred paper cuts and rarely play risky. Let your defense and running game help you win the game. Mac is not being asked to do these things, the staff is idiotically trying to load up on new WRs and chuck it deep, they said this many times in the off-season and it’s a mistake

People keeping forgetting the people coaching Mac right now came from the dumbest worst offenses in the league before and made Daniel Jones look like a HS quarterback (Joe Judge, Rothstein, Patricia)

Ok UT, you da boss.
Game today at 1PM. Or is 2PM? The time change screws my internal clock. I wonder how it will effect the players if at all. Indy is an hour ahead of us, so they come here and now it's a fall back hour. Maybe they will think it's time for their pregame meal instead of game time.
Will that give the Patriots an advantage? No, but it's nice to think that way.
Go Patriots.

More on Bowden who is being called up from the PS for this game.

"During our conversation that afternoon, I told Bowden I’d seen him play once in high school, in a state playoff game against Chardon. I told him I remembered him running for 300 yards in that game."

“Sir,” Bowden said. “I ran for 368 and six touchdowns. And I threw another one.”

Indeed, he did.

“The most dominating performance I’ve ever seen. The most dominant player at that level I’ve ever seen,” Chardon coach Mitch Hewitt said. “We had what we felt was a team good enough to win the state championship that year. And one guy ended that. He got tough yards, he cut back, he made four guys miss … just incredible.

“We played against Kareem Hunt, too, and I’d say (Hunt and Bowden) are just the most advanced, most gifted high school players I’ve seen up close. Without going into some deep scouting report, the difference is Kareem ran some of our guys over, but sometimes we got in some clean shots on him. With Bowden, he just spun and juked and ran all over the place. He had me wondering if we even had 11 guys out there because he made it look like we didn’t.”

The complication of the NFL evaluation comes when finding a role for Bowden; in creating a chance to get him the ball and let him showcase his talents. He obviously has shown he can both run over and run around high school and college competition. For what it’s worth, Bowden’s Pro Football Focus rushing grade for his final college season was 87.2. Lamar Jackson in his final season had a rushing grade of 86.8.

“Lynn’s football IQ is off the charts,” Arnold said. “I can’t sit here and say I know what goes on in an NFL meeting with a game plan and all that stuff, but if you teach Lynn something or ask him to learn something, he’ll figure it out. He went to Kentucky and he learned all the receiver positions. He figured out what he needs to do on a punt return so that it might go 80 yards. I’m telling you, I’m excited for him because he has the talent to do it. Whatever he needs to learn, he’ll do it.

“Just get him the ball."

Back