So, Will Grier

TommyD420

Joe Milton is my QB1
Reaction score
I have to assume we'll be seeing him at some point - assuming Zappe's the starter for now. I don't have any idea what this guy has been like at the pro level, hopefully someone else does.

What I remember from him in college, is that he played like he had a much better arm than he actually does, sort of a gunslinger-type. (Although compared to Jones and Zappe, he'll look like he has a laser, rocket arm, it really doesn't have the extra pop from an elite arm talent guy). Wasn't scared to make throws, but definitely stepped into sacks (this guy's not running anywhere) and fumbled a shit ton when he got contacted. Again, no idea what's been remedied at the pro level, no idea if anyone has anything else to add here, but I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, has anyone heard from Matt Corral? Is he ok?

I’d be so happy if they made him the starter. If you think Mac is bad, wait until you see Grier. That would pretty much tell me that the team is tanking.
I don't know why anyone wants the Patriots to tank. It's not like they're going to do anything great with the high draft pick anyway. Everyone will be screaming for a QB and they will trade it away and draft a safety and a handful of scrub offensive linemen. 🤷‍♂️

I don't know why anyone wants the Patriots to tank. It's not like they're going to do anything great with the high draft pick anyway. Everyone will be screaming for a QB and they will trade it away and draft a safety and a handful of scrub offensive linemen. 🤷‍♂️
Krafty will force BB into either drafting a QB high, or, signing/trading for a decent one.

Krafty will force BB into either drafting a QB high, or, signing/trading for a decent one.
I don’t believe Bill is going to be here next year. So I guess we will see what the new GM does.

Corral has alcohol and mental issues. He's not in the NFL currently.

If we're in tanking mode, organically or otherwise, I don't see that it makes much difference who we put out there at QB.

I really don’t think BB will be back next year.

Corral has alcohol and mental issues. He's not in the NFL currently.

If we're in tanking mode, organically or otherwise, I don't see that it makes much difference who we put out there at QB.
I'd like to know how professional football players and professional coaches go about "tanking", wouldn't you?

To reach that level they have a great deal of pride, They also know that every play is on tape and being evaluated by every team in the league. The players also know that if they don't play at full speed their risk of injury increases.

I value your opinion. What do you think about the whole idea of tanking?

I'd like to know how professional football players and professional coaches go about "tanking", wouldn't you?

To reach that level they have a great deal of pride, They also know that every play is on tape and being evaluated by every team in the league. The players also know that if they don't play at full speed their risk of injury increases.

Sometimes tanking happens naturally. In our case, injuries have mounted and QB play is awful, hence, natural tanking is the end result.
In the end, it could be best for the long term future of the team so long as the draft is used well.

Sometimes tanking happens naturally. In our case, injuries have mounted and QB play is awful, hence, natural tanking is the end result.
In the end, it could be best for the long term future of the team so long as the draft is used well.
I'm only talking about deliberate tanking. That seems to be what some are advocating.

To me the word tanking means a deliberate act. Losing is just losing, doesn't mean that trying to lose.
You try to lose by putting inferior players on the field and letting the natural course of things take place. Plenty of teams do this. The Jaguars did the season before they drafted Lawrence.

You try to lose by putting inferior players on the field and letting the natural course of things take place. Plenty of teams do this. The Jaguars did the season before they drafted Lawrence.
thats why they pulled Mac, they knew he would have the gaming winning drive :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As a fan on Sunday I can't bring myself to root for a loss I've tried. That said, after the game and the rest of the week I recognize it's in the long term best interest of the team and me as a fan of the team, for them to have the best pick possible.

As a fan on Sunday I can't bring myself to root for a loss I've tried. That said, after the game and the rest of the week I recognize it's in the long term best interest of the team and me as a fan of the team, for them to have the best pick possible.
I've also tried, I just can't do it.
Now, I'm not going to cry when the loss is beneficial after the game, but I can't help but root for them to win whatever game they're playing - and soul-crushing last minute turnovers are still soul-crushing.

I used to watch Wil Grier quite a bit at WVU because my nephew was going there and I got interested in their
program. They had an excellent offense for a year or two and Grier looked outstanding. He was an impressive guy that made a ton
of big plays and was a fine leader, but haven't seen him since.

He may not be any better than Mac or Zappe, but at this point what the hell do we have to lose? He can't be much worse.

I would be fine with Grier.. But if we're going to go there I'd rather just go with Malik Cunningham. Is he ready? No probably not but who cares? It could at least be fun to watch an probably the same game result as any of the other 3 QB's.

Back