Sony

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
I thought this guy was supposed to be fast with some power? He has none of that tonight. Hopefully he isn't Maroney 2.0...

I believe this to be a Josh McDaniels draft pick after seeing how often McDaniels tries to
work Sony into the O. Selecting a high draft pick must have been part of the deal for Josh staying in N.E.

Sony isn't in the top 15 of the Pats' problem list.

Sony isn't in the top 15 of the Pats' problem list.

I agree. Sony has shown flashes of speed and power, but he's still in extended training camp. He needs to work on his pass catching. I have no idea what the scouting report was regarding his hands.

All of those losses were completely on the OLine. Defenders were on him before he had a chance to even make a move.

I agree. Sony has shown flashes of speed and power, but he's still in extended training camp. He needs to work on his pass catching. I have no idea what the scouting report was regarding his hands.

All of those losses were completely on the OLine. Defenders were on him before he had a chance to even make a move.

And the infuriatingly and predictably poor hurry-up run on 3rd and short. Presumably that is supposed to put the defense on its heels, but it's always the OL that looks unready. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they keep doing this. Surely there's enough of a sample size to show that the success rate is far less than a normal run. :shrug_n:

they used to have success with the delayed draw. don't know why they went away from it.
they may have tried last night, i couldn't find a stream.

He’s fine. Josh and the OL much bigger problem last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I largely agree. One example was 3rd and short when the 10-Million Dollar Man Shaq Mason got rag-dolled by one of their DTs who then snuffed Sony out in the backfield. That was a rough one.

Those back-to-back drops, though, had Brady looking like he usually looks when he goes right back to a guy and it doesn't go any better than the first attempt. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for Tom to target Michel again.

I can't blame Shaq for one of the other 3rd and shorts that got blown up because both of their safeties were in our backfield. When a team is comfortable doing that you know they aren't too worried about getting burned deep.

What we saw last night is complicated, but I'll go back and re-read some of those quotes about how Mason deserved the money and is a great player and that should help me move on.

Hated the pick when it happened.

Hate it more now.

RB is the one position you can and should explode onto the scene.

Who was the last impact player drafted by Bill in rounds 1 or 2?

Gronk in 2010?

This is a big part of why we suck so far this year.

Aside from Gronk he’s pretty much drafted no great skill position players on offense except Jules which was more of a fluke.

When was the last time the D had a superstar, especially a drafted one? I know Bill has his own way of evaluating talent and traits he looks for, but the trade off is not having individual beasts who can take over when the ‘team play’ mantra isn’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was rewatching clips from the Lions game and thinking about how folks are judging Sony a bust after two games and it made me think of how bad James White looked running the ball when he was a rookie. Michel was, by comparison, great and I can't fault him for getting blown up in the backfield on 3rd down a couple of times. McDaniels called sweep right both times and no back in the world could have made it to the LOS on either based on the blocking and Detriot's numbers being in the correct spot.

Shaq Mason gets poleaxed and then Duane Allen whiffs and suddenly the kid can't play. Not fair.

Sometimes backs come into the league and show amazing ability right from the beginning and sometimes takes a couple of years to develop.

Sony is just scratching the surface and he's probably going to be really, really good.

What we need now is something to distract defensive focus off Gronk and the run. I don't think Edelman can be the answer by himself. It's one of the biggest cliches in the sport, but we really DO need to stretch the D downfield and right now there is no reason for them to worry about it.

Putting your hopes on a guy that has been suspended for most of his career and apparently has some kind of psychological issues is a really big stretch for me, but right at the moment Josh Gordon might be the best answer we have.

I'm praying that this guy gets his shit together STAT.

Hit a bomb of two to him for everybody to see and the equation changes for everybody else including Sony. Put it this way, if Gordon was on the field last Sunday against Detroit, even as a decoy, does Detroit bring both safeties to blow up that 3rd down run when we were still in it?

Has Bill ever blown smoke up a player's ass just to boost his confidence? Maybe, but it's something he seldom does. Maybe Gordon really is smart and is close to contributing. Maybe even in four days.

He only been practicing with pats for 2 weeks . He was out all of TC & first week. Due to his knee surgery . He is the least of pats problems .

Ok, he might end up being a player...he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in his start.

But, why pick him in the first round? Weren't there more important glaring holes to fill? DL? Linebacker? WR? TE? Another OL (instead of overpaying Mason)? Obviously, Wynn was the first pick for the Pats...

He only been practicing with pats for 2 weeks . He was out all of TC & first week. Due to his knee surgery . He is the least of pats problems .

I don't know, not having a run game seems pretty high up on the problems list. One thing that was brought up this week. He touched the ball 80 percent of the time he was on the field....that was the highest in the NFL. Now I am no playcall wiz, but if something is not working, wouldn't you try something else? Is getting him up to speed by force feeding him into a D that knows he is coming, helping get wins?

I don't know, not having a run game seems pretty high up on the problems list. One thing that was brought up this week. He touched the ball 80 percent of the time he was on the field....that was the highest in the NFL. Now I am no playcall wiz, but if something is not working, wouldn't you try something else? Is getting him up to speed by force feeding him into a D that knows he is coming, helping get wins?
Now they have no other option. It's down to just him & white now . All speed no power . They better find ways to get them open in space .

Back