Sox Fans: Who are you rooting for in the baseball playoffs?

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
With the Sox out, are you supporting anyone?

I am not. If they could all lose, I'd be delighted.

That said, I do have a rooting interest:

1. Anyone but the Mother F'ing Yankees

2. If the Yankees are toast, Anyone but Tamper

3. If the Yankees and Rays are toast, Anyone but the Fetal Twins

4. If all three of them are toast, probably the SF Giants, as I have a good client/friend in SF, and I almost like Tim Lincecum, because he seems like a stoner

5. And I guess I can sort of root, on the flip side, for the Braves, given the presence of the awesome and lovable Derek Lowe (an exception to my Other Hate Rule is for former Boston players on other teams)

Who do you got, Boston fans?

and I almost like Tim Lincecum, because he seems like a stoner

he more then SEEMS like a stoner, he got busted for possession last off season.

Phillies all the way in the O.Z.O. household. Live about 90 minutes south of Philly, O.Z.O. Jr. has been a big fan for several years now, and them beating the Gays in the WS back in '08 forever endeared them to me.

The stupid Twins.:cuss:

he more then SEEMS like a stoner, he got busted for possession last off season.

Phillies all the way in the O.Z.O. household. Live about 90 minutes south of Philly, O.Z.O. Jr. has been a big fan for several years now, and them beating the Gays in the WS back in '08 forever endeared them to me.

I hate all Philly teams on principle. Relates back to the Sixers-Celtics wars of the 80s.

And for some odd reason, about 5 of my neighbors are from Philly and there are way too many Philly fans in my immediate vicinity to be able to suffer another Philly title.

And then there's the fact that they grabbed their ankles for the MFYs last October.

Still, if it's them vs NY again, it's all Phillies, all the time, for me.

I'll be honest, seeing fans in Minnesota last night wearing purple Randy Moss Vikings jerseys pissed me off tremendously. I didnt' expect that.

Minnesota Twins.

I'm actually undecided on whether I'd go Rays or Yankees (I know, I know). Yankees winning the World Series are a known evil. Rays winning the World Series is something that I hope that I never have to endure. Also, going home for Thanksgiving to the Tampa Bay area with all those bandwagoners, that'd be torture. I know it's a selfish reason on my part, but F it, last thing I want to spoil my holiday season is all the bandwagon dick-waving.

I also tend to *try* to make Minnesota teams my #2 teams in sports. Favre makes that difficult in the NFL, but that's beside the point. Minnesota Twins are a likable team that a lot of people seem to like enough.

I'll be honest, seeing fans in Minnesota last night wearing purple Randy Moss Vikings jerseys pissed me off tremendously. I didnt' expect that.

I was in Minnesota for the Vikings/Lions game a few weeks ago. I actually saw plenty of Moss Minnesota jerseys THEN.

I'm rooting for any team that plays the Yankees in the AL. In the NL, I'd like to see Bobby Cox go out a winner, but I don't see anyone beating the Phillies with all the pitching they have.

1. Anyone but the MFY
2. Anyone but the Rays
3. Eh, you know.. I should root against Philly in principle but I don't really care if they win.

I would root for the Twins, but that's futile. Go.. uh, Rangers?

1. Anyone but the MFY
2. Anyone but the Rays
3. Eh, you know.. I should root against Philly in principle but I don't really care if they win.

Tay-Haas (Texas)

Josh Hamilton is easily one of the best all around players in the game and I dig his comeback story. Plus, it's not the Yankees or Rays.

meh. maybe the reds cause i still love bronson arroyo.

1. Anyone but the MFY
2. Anyone but the Rays

This.

Yanks fans must have smirked when we knocked them into the WC and stuck them with their 'little brother' of a baseball team in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Have they ever lost to MIN in the playoffs?

This.

Yanks fans must have smirked when we knocked them into the WC and stuck them with their 'little brother' of a baseball team in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Have they ever lost to MIN in the playoffs?

not since the '04 LDS (?). They've beaten them 7 straight.

Back