Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

as much as it counts against a segregated team. :shrug_n:

I guess Koufax has done it three times but not in same season, he was over a three year span.

Exactly. Most sports when players have a ridiculous good stat it's generally against a not so great team lol. Peyton Manning's 2004 thanksgiving day game against Detroit comes to mind. Was amazing but at the end of the day it's Detroit lol. Sale putting up that same type of inning against the Yanks or Astros is unlikely (though can be done) however much easier against the Orioles and Royals.

as much as it counts against a segregated team. :shrug_n:

I guess Koufax has done it three times but not in same season, he was over a three year span.

OT, but what comes to my mind: 1999 all-star game (Teddy Ballgame)

Pedey in first 2 innings k's Barry Larkin, Larry Walker and Sammy Sooser in the first inning and Mike McGwire (for 4 in a row) and Jeff Bagwell in the second inning. And game MVP. Outrageous excellence.

Last all-star that meant anything to me (other than WS hfa)

Does it count if it's against a AA team?

yeah, it does because that "AA" team is on the schedule and you still have to win those games. They're getting paid to play too.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Exactly. Most sports when players have a ridiculous good stat it's generally against a not so great team lol. Peyton Manning's 2004 thanksgiving day game against Detroit comes to mind. Was amazing but at the end of the day it's Detroit lol. Sale putting up that same type of inning against the Yanks or Astros is unlikely (though can be done) however much easier against the Orioles and Royals.

Last time he faced the Astros he struck out 17 in 7 innings. I'll take that over a statistical oddity every time.

OT, but what comes to my mind: 1999 all-star game (Teddy Ballgame)

Pedey in first 2 innings k's Barry Larkin, Larry Walker and Sammy Sooser in the first inning and Mike McGwire (for 4 in a row) and Jeff Bagwell in the second inning. And game MVP. Outrageous excellence.

Last all-star that meant anything to me (other than WS hfa)

I was there. It was epic. The place was going bonkers.

I was there. It was epic. The place was going bonkers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AggeSjZwx6s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope at the end of this bullshit game Sale goes Tom Brady on the team. What is he 2 and 8 now? Beyond frustrating. Yet again the offense goes cold against a playoff team. Been doing it all season. At this point we won’t even make playoffs. Hold the 2nd best offensive team to 3 runs in 10 innings and still lose Lmao. Anywho.... end rant.

How’s everyone’s night?

All I can say is at this point in the season thank God the Bruins are playing for something cuz this Sox team is almost unwatchable.

They're about to get full attention for up to 6 weeks.

Lucky for us they have series against Baltimore, Toronto and Detroit coming up. They may win some games.

they're luring me back in...

do they finally step up or deliver a nut punch?

34- 34 on day Papi was shot, 6-0 since

could this be a bonding moment and bring the team together?

looks like it so far!!

they're 5.5 back as of today. Told Jr they need to be 10 games over .500 or better by the ASB for me to fully buy in.

They’re only beating mediocre teams, last night’s victory aside. Beat the Yankees, beat the Astros, and keep beating Minnesota.

They should get going , but the bullpen is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They’re only beating mediocre teams, last night’s victory aside. Beat the Yankees, beat the Astros, and keep beating Minnesota.

They should get going , but the bullpen is terrible.

they've beaten both of these teams. Most of the Yankees hot start was built by beating Baltimore and Kansas City.

the bullpen is currently ranked 4th in the league in ERA...tied with the Yankees. All we heard last year was how bad the bullpen was. How did that end up working out?

You have to beat the shitty teams as well if they're on the schedule.

they've beaten both of these teams. Most of the Yankees hot start was built by beating Baltimore and Kansas City.

the bullpen is currently ranked 4th in the league in ERA...tied with the Yankees. All we heard last year was how bad the bullpen was. How did that end up working out?

You have to beat the shitty teams as well if they're on the schedule.

1-4 against the Yankees this season.
2-4 against the ‘Stros.

And the bullpen has how many blown saves so far?

12 freakin’ blown saves. 20 all last season.

The bullpen sucks.

Back