Sox Sign Crawford!!!!

Yeah, I'm all on board for a trade centering around Ellsbury for Hanley. Obviously there'd be other parts changing hands, but I think that deal would have some great potential to the Sox.

Ramirez has certainly had his struggles in the field at SS. If you believe the more advanced fielding metrics (such as UZR) he was terrible in 2010 and 2007, but about league average in 2008 and 2009. I don't know exactly where I'd field him, but in any case his bat is enough to justify playing him at SS (though his defense would be less than ideal).

Also, I'd love to see if his numbers would go up playing from somewhere other than Dolphin Stadium (which is notorious for being a big pitchers park).

Lol, you guys act like we have actually had someone playing shortstop here.

Good mother of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumbest statement Ive seen at ESPN...
rkirby26 says:
December 9, 2010, 0:13 AM ET

haha paying 2 people close to $300 million for 7 season??? hahaha crazy! they need to fix the pitching and then that cost is worth it. but anyway nice pickup, guess they learned from yankees, pay pay pay until u win. lol

Granted we still need to tweek the Bullpen,but thats about it...

Good lord if we still had Martinez we would be unbeatable....

Dumbest statement Ive seen at ESPN...
rkirby26 says:
December 9, 2010, 0:13 AM ET

haha paying 2 people close to $300 million for 7 season??? hahaha crazy! they need to fix the pitching and then that cost is worth it. but anyway nice pickup, guess they learned from yankees, pay pay pay until u win. lol

Granted we still need to tweek the Bullpen,but thats about it...

Good lord if we still had Martinez we would be unbeatable....

didn't they pay 400 million for fatty & Texeria?

It's easy to get excited about lineups, but I was excited about the Tigers lineup going into 2008.

(1) Curtis Granderson, CF;
(2) Placido Polanco, 2B;
(3) Miguel Cabrera, 3B;
(4) Gary Sheffield, DH;
(5) Magglio Ordonez, RF;
(6) Carlos Guillen, 1B;
(7) Edgar Renteria, SS;
(8) Pudge Rodriguez, C;
(9) Jacque Jones, LF

That was good enough to go 74-88, last place in the AL Central. nutpunch

yup. you need a glove at SS...I don't care how good the bat is.
He's middle of the road defensively, maybe a touch below. It's not like he's a minus player or a major liability, just not a plus player. Defensively, he's better than Rent-a-wreck. :shrug:

And putting good hie
Tters with other good hitters improves the return on the ones you have. Runners who successfully reach base more often are stranded less often with better hitters behind them. 1+2=3, but 2+2=5. If you #6 hitter has an OPB of .380 but the guy behind him is .250, he's only moved along 1 out of 4 times, and he's stranded more often. If the guy behind him is .333, he's moved along that much more often, no?

That's a big part of the logic behind putting agood OPB guy at #9 - your "2nd leadoff" might hit one fewer time, but he makes your top of the order guys much more productive. Your worst hitters should get plugged in at 8, then 7, then 6 so your 9 can set the table for 1-5.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's middle of the road defensively, maybe a touch below. It's not like he's a minus player or a major liability, just not a plus player. Defensively, he's better than Rent-a-wreck. :shrug:
Posted via Mobile Device

He quits on a ball, refuses to work on defense and is a douche in the club house. Not sure who but one ex-teammate said they were not friends in the minors and if they never talked again that was too soon - Lester maybe, I will check once on a computer

Fine.

Then include Jacoby with the deal and put him in CF.

Especially if the clubhouse is as upset with him as reports indicate.
Outstanding. So much this. That works because I like
Marco, too - especially batting 7 or 8!
Posted via Mobile Device

He quits on a ball, refuses to work on defense and is a douche in the club house. Not sure who but one ex-teammate said they were not friends in the minors and if they never talked again that was too soon - Lester maybe, I will check once on a computer
Actually, I didn't know this at all. If that's the case, skip it. One thing sure to wreck a great team is locker room trouble...
Posted via Mobile Device

It's easy to get excited about lineups, but I was excited about the Tigers lineup going into 2008.

(1) Curtis Granderson, CF;
(2) Placido Polanco, 2B;
(3) Miguel Cabrera, 3B;
(4) Gary Sheffield, DH;
(5) Magglio Ordonez, RF;
(6) Carlos Guillen, 1B;
(7) Edgar Renteria, SS;
(8) Pudge Rodriguez, C;
(9) Jacque Jones, LF

That was good enough to go 74-88, last place in the AL Central. nutpunch

Meh. They weren't trotting out a rotation like
Bucholz
Lester
Beckett
Lackey
Daisuke
...either.

Not to mention that both the guys they just picked up are Gold Glove-rs, and they already had a couple more GG contenders.

The sox need 1-2 decent BP guys, and that should be it. Gotta get to Bard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude, you're not playing for the Boston Red Sox. You're what? Nearly twenty years older than Ellsbury. Let's not compare your other random body part injury to his.

uh, my various injuries have come in various forms of athletic competition, like Ellsbury's. Maybe if I was some fat, beer-swilling fukk sitting on my ass on the couch your point would have revelance. It doesn't

You're all too prone to this response.

First of all, I'm a native New Englander. I grew up surrounded by this bullshit negative attitude and didn't like it anymore then than I do now.

Remember our bet regarding the production of Cameron/Beltre compared to Bay/Ortiz. How'd that work out for you?

seriously...Cameron played 48 fukken games last year, so you either have to be kidding or on drugs to make this comparison

Remember your analysis that the Red Sox only had to play something like .700 ball post all-star break and it was entirely plausible? How'd that work out for you.

umm, actually I don't remember this one.

You're wrong more often than you like to admit and frankly, it gets old reading about how there's something wrong the the faction of fans who don't see it your way.

actually, I'm not. Unlike the majority of fans who use no rational analysis, I actually do my homework before making my points.

Hey, if you want to whine, bitch, and act like an asshole with the rest of the crowd, be my guest. Just don't expect me to join you.

Back