Sox Sign Crawford!!!!

So, wouldn't it make sense to put Crawford in right field in Fenway, since there's less field to cover in left?

Man, that line-up is going to be pretty freakin' scary.

1. Crawford, LF
2. Pedroia, 2B
3. Gonzalez, 1B
4. Ortiz, DH
5. Youkilis, 3B
6. Ellsbury, CF
7. Drew, RF
8. Scutaro, SS
9. Salty, C

JIMP.

So, wouldn't it make sense to put Crawford in right field in Fenway, since there's less field to cover in left?

Eh, that'll be interesting. They still do play 81 games on the road, so they might just shrug their shoulders about him probably being the most overqualified LF in Red Sox history.

Or they could move him, I don't know.

1. Crawford, LF
2. Pedroia, 2B
3. Gonzalez, 1B
4. Ortiz, DH
5. Youkilis, 3B
6. Ellsbury, CF
7. Drew, RF
8. Scutaro, SS
9. Salty, C

JIMP.

Crawford apparently hates batting leadoff, but yeah, look at that talent. Love it.

1. Crawford, LF
2. Pedroia, 2B
3. Gonzalez, 1B
4. Ortiz, DH
5. Youkilis, 3B
6. Ellsbury, CF
7. Drew, RF
8. Scutaro, SS
9. Salty, C

JIMP.
Man, this is a VERY lefy lineup. I think you're likely to see Ellsbury lead off with Crawford more toward the middle of the order. Thinking:

Ellsbury L
Pedroia R
Gonzalez L
Youkilis R
Ortiz L
Crawford L
Drew L (Cameron R - against lefty pitching)
Saltalamacchia S
Scutaro S

or

Ellsbury L
Pedroia R
Crawford L
Gonzalez L
Youkilis R
Ortiz L
Saltalamacchia S

Drew L (Cameron R - against lefty pitching)
Scutaro S

These are big boy moves, out. standing.

And leave Crawford in left, moving Ellsbury was a big mistake and it cost them.

Drew can handle right without a problem, unless he strains his twunt.

1. Crawford, LF

2. Pedroia, 2B
3. Gonzalez, 1B
4. Ortiz, DH
5. Youkilis, 3B
6. Ellsbury, CF
7. Drew, RF
8. Scutaro, SS
9. Salty, C

JIMP.

understand this, it's the only time I'm going to say it in this forum and I'm getting damn sick of dealing with the morons over at Boston.com squawking about it-

Crawford is NOT going to bat leadoff. He has been very vocal about not wanting to do it, and the Sox already have an outstanding leadoff hitter. Most likely spot for Crawford in this lineup is 3rd.

understand this, it's the only time I'm going to say it in this forum and I'm getting damn sick of dealing with the morons over at Boston.com squawking about it-

Crawford is NOT going to bat leadoff. He has been very vocal about not wanting to do it, and the Sox already have an outstanding leadoff hitter. Most likely spot for Crawford in this lineup is 3rd.

Elsbury?

The word "outstanding" doesn't really come to mind.

Post his numbers against the other AL leadoff's.

How am I supposed to walk around the office today with this? I don't wear pleated pants so I can't blame those. Do I go sweater wrapped around my waste but reversed? Trenchcoat?

I've read a few articles this am, some have Crawford at leadoff.

I'm not sure where Ellsbury's head is at. According to a guy on Toucher & Rich (didn't catch his name) Jacoboy's teammates aren't real happy with him.

How am I supposed to walk around the office today with this? I don't wear pleated pants so I can't blame those. Do I go sweater wrapped around my waste but reversed? Trenchcoat?
You just start worrying about getting opening day tickets. I'll take care of the other problem.:rolleyes:

I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news this morning

you need to hit the mens room and take care of business:coffee:

I guess I shouldn't be surpised, but people are bitching about this move on the radio..

You just start worrying about getting opening day tickets. I'll take care of the other problem.:rolleyes:

:thumb: >)

you need to hit the mens room and take care of business:coffee:

I guess I shouldn't be surpised, but people are bitching about this move on the radio..

Seriously though, this is fantastic. Like, the guy has hit .300 and stole 45+ bases in 5 out of the last 6 seasons. He's a menace. And he's our menace.

Also, I forgive you Carl for pile-jumping on Coco. :coffee:

:thumb: >)

Seriously though, this is fantastic. Like, the guy has hit .300 and stole 45+ bases in 5 out of the last 6 seasons. He's a menace. And he's our menace.

Also, I forgive you Carl for pile-jumping on Coco. :coffee:

Evidently he hated that twitch/coniption thingie as much as the rest of us.:coffee:

Back