Sponsor TG in Breast Cancer Charity Walk of 39 miles

tommysgirl

Willing to eat this for Babalu
Reaction score
Okay Boys and Girls, you all know how near and dear Breast Cancer is to my heart. I raise money every year in memory of my mother who died of breast cancer 13 years ago at the ripe old age of 54.

This year, I am walking with two of my friends who both, at the age of 37, are proud to call themselves survivors. They are both 2 years into remission and kicking cancers ass in proper form and once again raising the 6 small children they have between them. :)

We are doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston on May 15-16. It is a 39 mile walk that is sure to be a life changing experience. I am required to raise $1,800 in order to walk. I realize times are very hard, but every little dollar counts. I would deeply appreciate anything you could find it in yourself to donate to help me.

I can only pray that someday we will find a cure and the I will never have to make another thread about boobies.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.wuv

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1920&px=5467502&s_src=boundlessfundraising

Kudos to you TG.

Great cause obviously. I tend to limit my charitable contributions to my sis who is a 10+ year survivor and is actively involved in different breast cancer events. But I would encourage all who can afford it, to contribute in some manner.

This hit kind of close to home for me this week as a friend from work lost her 45 year old sister last Wednesday after a long fight with cancer that began when she was diagnosed w/breast cancer a few years ago.

Again? Pushy wench - lead by example: when are you going to do a full breast exam on Roadgrader and not just a cursory nipple rub? :harumph:
I will be the pushiest wench who ever wenched for this cause. :) And if it helps me raise all the money, I will give RG a full breast rub at the Draft Party. Now cough it up ;)

Girl I work with her aunts and mother all have fought thru breast cancer. There is a gene that has been passed on and she knows one day she will most likely get it. She did discover that getting a reduction helps her out alot in there being less tissue for the cancer to hit. Something she didn't even know about. She will also be doing the walk.

Good luck TG :thumb:

I for one am for this....wifiemo had some cancer over the past year, not breast but the research done for breast is helping to find a cure for all cancer.

Employer Matching Gifts

Don't forget to check to see if your employer (for those employed) matches charitable contributions. You can double your gift and your tax write-off. :thumb:

Okay Boys and Girls, you all know how near and dear Breast Cancer is to my heart. I raise money every year in memory of my mother who died of breast cancer 13 years ago at the ripe old age of 54.

This year, I am walking with two of my friends who both, at the age of 37, are proud to call themselves survivors. They are both 2 years into remission and kicking cancers ass in proper form and once again raising the 6 small children they have between them. :)

We are doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston on May 15-16. It is a 39 mile walk that is sure to be a life changing experience. I am required to raise $1,800 in order to walk. I realize times are very hard, but every little dollar counts. I would deeply appreciate anything you could find it in yourself to donate to help me.

I can only pray that someday we will find a cure and the I will never have to make another thread about boobies.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.wuv

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1920&px=5467502&s_src=boundlessfundraising

Remind me when I see you guys in April.

I don't have any money, personally. I also don't much respect for it. I can give $500. Contact me to get it.

If I can give $500, I'm guessing these board members can give $10,000.

Back On Track

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/...essfundraising

Please donate. Anything you can is greatly appreciated as this walk is something TG has been talking about since we first met.

Donating is easy. If you would like to send a check, PM your address to TG (or myself) per the instructions on the donations page. Other than that, you should be able to donate via Avon's secure site.

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/...essfundraising

Please donate. Anything you can is greatly appreciated as this walk is something TG has been talking about since we first met.

Donating is easy. If you would like to send a check, PM your address to TG (or myself) per the instructions on the donations page. Other than that, you should be able to donate via Avon's secure site.

It literally took not even a minute. It's really a great cause.

Back