Still Waiting for that PSI Data?

I called this about 8 months ago at this point, or whenever the testing procedures were implemented. I hope no one really thought the NFL would jeopardize their flimsy legal case with actual science.

This really puts Kraft's capitulation into perspective. What a shame. We really could use that first round pick to help the interior OL. It is going to severely impact our ability to compete three years from now. And it's 100% on Kraft. After Spygate, he should've known what Roger Goodell was. He had to fight it, and he didn't.

Edit: Why do my posts get addended to my most recent post? I hit to REPLY with QUOTE but get my last post included (which is now not there anymore), a post that replied to a different person? Am I doing something wrong all of a sudden or is there a glitch in the system?

At least now Kraft can say something. If he had any balls, he could force the issue by publicly saying, "I'm surprised that the commissioner found that no balls lost pressure in any cold-weather game after being filled in the locker room and exposed for hours to freezing temperatures."

Make Goodell waffle more and give Goodell's science critics something to address and focus on.

Not that he will. At the least, he could make a public statement asking if all balls retained all their original pressure or is pressures were lower at half time in cold-weather games. That would be less confrontational, but I've come to realize Kraft doesn't give two shits about his fans. Screw him if he says nothing.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Why do we care? Kraft doesn't and it's his team.

Not that he will. At the least, he could make a public statement asking if all balls retained all their original pressure or is pressures were lower at half time in cold-weather games. That would be less confrontational, but I've come to realize Kraft doesn't give two shits about his fans. Screw him if he says nothing.

Twenty bucks on saying nothing. At best, he makes a passive aggressive statement, says "we're all Patriots", throws in some pro-ownership rhetoric, and then does nothing.

There isn't an ethical company in the U.S that would keep this asswipe as their CEO after this embarassment. :coffee:
FIFY. As long as the "board of directors" (here, owners) is corrupt and the ceo is supporting that corruption, he will remain.

The NFL will continue to get ZERO of my dollars.
I'm with you. I've seen stuff I really want to buy but I refuse. I have given them not a dime other than Sunday Ticket (which I negotiate down to almost nothing every year) since they suspended TB.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Also, ascented (undescended, lodged in abdomen etc.) testicle is also called a cryptorchid, which I find to be a quite humorous screen name. :)

Don't piss on me and tell me its raining.

Now I'm irritated again about all this. I want my picks back unless someone shows me how the Pats cheated. Oh right, they can't, 1 year and 10+ million dollars later. Nutkick

There's plenty more

Deflategate won’t go away any time soon, especially with the issue remaining in the court system until at least March. Read
What did apparently go away very quickly, though, was any data on ball inflation/deflation PSI that the NFL collected over the course of the 2015 season. Read
After declaring last summer that ball pressures would be measured and recorded at various times in various games through the year, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said on Tuesday that no such data exists and that the measurements were simply meant as a deterrent. Read
The Boston Globe has Goodell dropping this bombshell declaration within the friendly confines of “The Rich Eisen Show.”

The Boston Herald also looks at Goodell’s decision to keep PSI information under wraps.

ESPNBoston.com culls together all the columnists critical of Goodell’s handling of the PSI measurements and information.

WEEI.com says Goodell’s PSI comments on Tuesday are just the latest mishandling of Deflategate by the league and its commissioner.

CSNNE.com has its own very critical piece regarding Goodell’s PSI misstep.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/0...ase?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Goodell would be singing a different tune if NE was playing in the SB.

FIFY. As long as the "board of directors" (here, owners) is corrupt and the ceo is supporting that corruption, he will remain.

I'm with you. I've seen stuff I really want to buy but I refuse. I have given them not a dime other than Sunday Ticket (which I negotiate down to almost nothing every year) since they suspended TB.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Also, ascented (undescended, lodged in abdomen etc.) testicle is also called a cryptorchid, which I find to be a quite humorous screen name. :)
I cancelled Sunday Ticket - because I'm in Dolphins country and because the Pats are awesome and get flexed, I had to go to a bar for exactly 2 games this year, and I enjoyed myself immensely. Dropping DTV for teh debbil Comcast saved me essentially $2k/year (comcast triple play allowed me to drop my at&t phone as well) for the first 2 years. Thanks Rog!

Doesn't it seem like the media could ask some question that could really put the guy on the spot?

They could. Rich Eisen asked him if he's had contact with Tommy. His answer was a non-answer, total obfuscation, completely deflective, and circular.

He can't answer a question because he's a fvcking dummy. The stupidest $43 million dummy on the planet.

They could. Rich Eisen asked him if he's had contact with Tommy. His answer was a non-answer, total obfuscation, completely deflective, and circular.

He can't answer a question because he's a fvcking dummy. The stupidest $43 million dummy on the planet.

There's no doubt for me that those were pre-canned questions and Goodell practiced his answers in front of a mirror. Real reporters need to grill him, but there will be few of those at the press conference and they will be generally ignored.

I cancelled Sunday Ticket - because I'm in Dolphins country and because the Pats are awesome and get flexed, I had to go to a bar for exactly 2 games this year, and I enjoyed myself immensely. Dropping DTV for teh debbil Comcast saved me essentially $2k/year (comcast triple play allowed me to drop my at&t phone as well) for the first 2 years. Thanks Rog!

And looking at the schedule for next season, I don't see many games that won't be televised. I had the Sunday Ticket free this year for going back to DTV, laughed because I didn't even really need it. It literally was only 2 games down here in our market. I certainly won't be paying for it nest year. F the NFL.

It does seem like the media is really picking up on this, lets see if one of them has the balls to hound him on media day at the SB.

If Kraft wanted to grow a pair now would be the time, doubt it though.......

It does seem like the media is really picking up on this, lets see if one of them has the balls to hound him on media day at the SB.

If Kraft wanted to grow a pair now would be the time, doubt it though.......

There is no media day, they call it opening night or whatever now, and that was Monday. Roger's State of the NFL is coming up though, maybe they'll ask him and we'll get answers :coffee:

OMG

Look at Roger Goodell has done to you? Nobody cares!

#Youriduculous

Well I guess Mike Florio is ridiculous as well.

You'll note he posted this at 11:23 pm last night almost 2 1/2 hours after my post.

So instead of trying to better understand how and why #DeflateGate went off the rails, the league set up an effort to check from time to time whether footballs remained within the approved range of 12.5 to 13.5 PSI. Surely, there were occasions when the balls strayed beyond those limits, especially when the Seahawks and Vikings played in arctic conditions last month. What formulas were used to determine whether the footballs were naturally or unnaturally deflated? And would those formulas, if applied to the outdoor conditions during the Colts-Patriots AFC title game, have resulted in expected PSI measurements comparable to the actual measurements generated that day by either or both of the two pressure gauges used?

Basically, the league found a way to create the impression that it has created a system for checking footballs without creating evidence that could have exonerated the Patriots, or at worst shown that Wells and his investigators failed to parlay their multi-million-dollar fee into a cracking of the case.

A full and complete analysis of the footballs in 2015 may have helped the league get to the truth. Which may have prompted the league to restore New England’s draft-pick penalty and rescind its fine. Which could be the main reason why the NFL opted not to learn everything there was to learn about PSI behavior during the 2015 season.​

When Goodell holds his "State of the NFL" later this week, will any reporters have the courage to grill him on this?

Yes, it's a rhetorical question....

Reiss had this to say about that.

Goodell's answers still leave several important questions unanswered, which perhaps he'll be asked later in the week if members of the Boston media are given a chance by NFL staffers to ask him during his annual "state of the NFL" address.

For example: What are the exact measurements? How did the measurements vary from cold-weather games to warm-weather games? Will the league be sharing that data? Specifically, what did the league learn about the Ideal Gas Law as it relates to air pressure? What did the spot checks entail?​

So it would appear the issue isn't with the media, but with the NFL.

Edit: Why do my posts get addended to my most recent post? I hit to REPLY with QUOTE but get my last post included (which is now not there anymore), a post that replied to a different person? Am I doing something wrong all of a sudden or is there a glitch in the system?

~snip~

I think if you reply to another post within a certain period of time, it merges your two posts.

This is relatively new AFAIK

Back