Still Waiting for that PSI Data?

Reiss had this to say about that.

Goodell's answers still leave several important questions unanswered, which perhaps he'll be asked later in the week if members of the Boston media are given a chance by NFL staffers to ask him during his annual "state of the NFL" address.

For example: What are the exact measurements? How did the measurements vary from cold-weather games to warm-weather games? Will the league be sharing that data? Specifically, what did the league learn about the Ideal Gas Law as it relates to air pressure? What did the spot checks entail?​

So it would appear the issue isn't with the media, but with the NFL.

I pointed that out above. Goodell clearly knows who is who in that room. He doesn't have to acknowledge anyone if he chooses. There's also a chunk of the media who doesn't care anymore or need to continue to use knee pads in his presence.

I pointed that out above. Goodell clearly knows who is who in that room. He doesn't have to acknowledge anyone if he chooses. There's also a chunk of the media who doesn't care anymore or need to continue to use knee pads in his presence.

Sorry.

I missed that.

There's no doubt for me that those were pre-canned questions and Goodell practiced his answers in front of a mirror. Real reporters need to grill him, but there will be few of those at the press conference and they will be generally ignored.
I bet he spent month working on that interview.

That Rich Eisen interview was pathetic. He sounded like a little puppy dog
he sold his soul to the devil

I think if you reply to another post within a certain period of time, it merges your two posts.

This is relatively new AFAIK
IF a poster post more than one within a 5 minute period the post will be merged unless someone post between the original posters post.

make sense

good

I cancelled Sunday Ticket - because I'm in Dolphins country and because the Pats are awesome and get flexed, I had to go to a bar for exactly 2 games this year, and I enjoyed myself immensely. Dropping DTV for teh debbil Comcast saved me essentially $2k/year (comcast triple play allowed me to drop my at&t phone as well) for the first 2 years. Thanks Rog!

just fyi about $8 dollars a month of your cable bill is going directly to the four letter network and the nfl.

Would Robert Kraft consider taking action against the league to get these picks back?

“First of all, if the Patriots had been [in the Super Bowl], I don’t think that’s what he would have said, I don’t think that’s what he would do. If it were, I think we would have heard about it by now, it’s just opposite of the way that he’s acted,” Schefter said. “Has he shown any signs that that is going to be the case, or that would happen? No. So I don’t know why his tune would change now.”

I am so DONE with DG.

I think if you reply to another post within a certain period of time, it merges your two posts.
IF a poster post more than one within a 5 minute period the post will be merged unless someone post between the original posters post.
THanks. Do you know if this is restricted to posts made in the same thread or any post made within five minutes.

Piggy-backing posts in the same thread - I can see where it sometimes makes sense where you clarify your position or elaborate on it, but some threads have multiple unrelated topics running in them, and merging my responses to different topics confused me, and I wrote them. :shrug_n:

THanks. Do you know if this is restricted to posts made in the same thread or any post made within five minutes.

Piggy-backing posts in the same thread - I can see where it sometimes makes sense where you clarify your position or elaborate on it, but some threads have multiple unrelated topics running in them, and merging my responses to different topics confused me, and I wrote them. :shrug_n:
in a singular thread.

I can certainly disable to merge post mod....or reduce the time further?

I think most of us expected this to play out exactly the way it did. Anyone who grew up in NE and found their half-inflated footballs, basketballs, etc, under the newly-melted snow in the spring knows what happens when it's cold out.

The fact that they even had to conduct these "spot checks" in the first place, when basic 7th grade science would have given you all the answers you need, is a disgrace.

And we knew all along, if the "evidence" did not support the league, it would never see the light of day.

From Curran

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/hall-famer-mike-haynes-goes-bat-brady

Hall of Famer Mike Haynes goes to bat for Brady
February 3, 2016, 8:00 pm

SAN FRANCISCO – Look, I could ask Panthers defensive tackle Star Lotulelei how he plans to gum up the Denver running game. Or try to find out just which Bronco tried to rub his nuts on Tom Brady’s face. But that’s not my smartest strategy this week. As a friend of mine in the media always says, “When in doubt, play the hits….”

So when I saw Hall of Fame cornerback Mike Haynes who played for both the Patriots and Raiders and worked for the NFL for eight seasons, I knew what I had to do.

Ask him about Deflategate and his take on the NFL using Tom Brady as a chewtoy for the past 12 months.

“(The league) really works hard and want to do things right that’s why I didn’t understand the position,” said Haynes. “I mean, I don’t get it. What are you talking about? Does it make a difference? I don’t want to make the league seem bad or make Tom not seem bad, I just don’t understand what the argument was. Here’s the thing that bugs me more than anything else. The penalty didn’t match the crime. I mean, wait a minute, draft choices? Million dollar fine? Four game suspension? I didn’t really get it.”

Haynes is hardly a Patriots’ apologist. After the 1982 player’s strike, one season with head coach Ron Meyer and fatigue with what he perceived to be the Sullivan family’s cheapskate approach, he held out and forced a trade to Oakland. He was more Raider than Patriot by the time he retired. And he played against all the quarterbacking greats of the 1970s and ‘80s – Montana, Marino, Fouts and Elway.

Where does Brady fit?

“He’s blown Montana’s records away. I’ve been saying that, when his career ends, he’s going to be the greatest quarterback to play in the National Football League. Ever,” said Haynes. “I really believe that. It doesn’t make sense to tarnish his career and go after him. But none of it makes sense to me. None of it. The penalty, the investigation, all that stuff. A lot of it was over-the-top, didn’t make sense. The whole thing did not make sense to me. Does (ball inflation) really make a difference? I didn’t think it did. I talked to a lot of players when it happened and asked them, did it make a difference? Nobody though it did. And the proof it didn’t make a difference came after when he went out and played fantastic. And this year, with all legitimate balls he played fantastic.”

So count another NFL legend who helped make the game wondering what the supposed stewards of the game have wrought in Deflategate.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/04/tom-brady-sr-calls-leagues-psi-checks-laughable/

Tom Brady Sr. calls league’s PSI checks “laughable”

Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2016, 11:28 AM EST
Zz03MDAwZWQ2N2YwNTY1ZjMwZWI2YTNhZDVjZjI3OTUyOQ== AP
When last we heard from the father of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, the elder Brady went berserk on the league’s handling of #DeflateGate. Now that the league has made it clear that whatever random data regarding air pressure in footballs the league collected during 2015 games won’t be disclosed, Tom Brady Sr. has more to say.

“That’s laughable. It’s just laughable,” Brady Sr. told Christopher L. Gasper of the Boston Globe. “I don’t unfortunately think it was in the league’s best interest to release something that exonerated Tom. All the rest of it is nonsense. It’s air.”

That may be the last Tom Brady Sr. has to say on the topic, if he can help it.

“My wife and I have decided as much as it affected us last year, we’re not going to let it affect us moving forward,” Brady Sr. told Gasper. “We’re trying to forgive an obvious plastering of our son’s reputation. We’re trying to say, you know what, forgive and forget. As a Christian, it is eating me up inside. It ate my wife up. It’s hard to do. It’s easy to be bitter.”

Tom Brady Jr. likely remains bitter, and for good reason. The league still wants to suspend him four games, and the cloud that hovered over the 2015 offseason has returned for 2016, with Brady’s case headed for a hearing in federal appeals court next month. He still could miss the first four games of the next regular season.

It has caused many to wonder whether Brady Jr. will join all other past Super Bowl MVPs on Sunday, when the league hopes to trot them out for the 50th Super Bowl. No one knows whether Brady Jr. will be there, including Brady Sr.

“He said he would let us know soon,” Brady Sr. said. “I have no idea whether he is going to do it or not do it. I didn’t know he was going to Michigan [for National Signing Day] until I read the paper.”

Before simply showing up on Sunday, Brady Jr. should ask his lawyers to see if his willingness to participate in the dog-and-pony portion of the proceedings could be used as a carrot to entice a settlement of his case. Maybe the 50th Super Bowl is the best backdrop for putting #DeflateGate to bed, once and for all.

Permalink 122 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ng-psi-data/KWAn2gJloqAKoUxRs95E9O/story.html

“We did spot checks throughout the year and we measured PSI levels and recorded that information,” Blandino told SiriusXM NFL Radio. “Right now we’re evaluating the information. We didn’t have any violations this year, but again, we’re still in that evaluation phase to look at the information and then we’ll see what that tells us.”

Someones didn't study the company line oops :coffee:

~Dee~

Heres Hurley's take

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/...evaluating-what-to-do-with-recorded-psi-data/

Lo and behold, after looking bad in the public, the NFL’s story is changing.

Dean Blandino, the NFL’s vice president of officiating, said on Sirius XM radio that the league has in fact not yet decided what it will do with the data recorded. Considering just about every decision made by the NFL throughout the saga has been made only after trial balloons told them what to do, it’s not entirely surprising to see the story shift from the course which Goodell set just a day earlier.

“We did spot checks throughout the year, and we measured PSI levels and recorded that information,” Blandino said, per The Boston Globe. “So right now, we’re evaluating the information. We didn’t have any violations this year, but again we’re still in that evaluation phase to look at the information and then we’ll see what that tells us.”

By comparison, here’s what Goodell said on Tuesday: “What the league did this year was what we do with a lot of rules and policies designed to protect the integrity of the game, and that’s to create a deterrent effect. We do spot checks to prevent and make sure the clubs understand that we’re watching these issues. It wasn’t a research study. They simply were spot checks. There were no violations this year.”

~Dee~

Back