Stillers fans wont admit it

Why would it matter to me that the Steelers didn't beat a non-playoff team in the playoffs? :confused:

Darryl, your team's season ended long ago. It's ok. It happens. Stop trying to make the Pats somehow relevant to this post season. :thumb:
Congrats. You are the single biggest douche bag on this site.

I think if history has taught us anything it's that you can't overlook teams like the 2005 Steelers and the 2007 Giants. And the 2008 Cardinals fit perfectly into those Cinderella slippers. If the Steelers get by them, they're the Champs - 'nuff said. No crying or regrets here.

IMO, Warner is a very dangerous threat to the Steelers - he won't be in awe of the stage or rattled in any way by their defense. He makes good, quick decisions. The Cards must IMO attack Woodley and Harrison with their running game in order to slow down the pass rush. As we witnessed in this year's Pats matchup, the Steelers CAN be run on with some success.

The Cards have magically conjured a run defense during the playoffs. The area I think they can be attacked, as we witnessed in the Philly game, is through the air. Containing Miller and Holmes I think will be crucial if the Cards are to win this game.

If you think about it, the cards (pun intended) really couldn't have been dealt better for the Red Birds - two home games, and two (relatively) warm weather away games....perhaps destiny awaits?

Why would it matter to me that the Steelers didn't beat a non-playoff team in the playoffs? :confused:

Darryl, your team's season ended long ago. It's ok. It happens. Stop trying to make the Pats somehow relevant to this post season. :thumb:

:thwak::thwak::thwak:

I am but a mirror. What you see is what you are.

:thumb:

PeeWeeHerman.jpg

I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I...

Laugh however you want.

I've written repeatedly, and you've willfully ignored, that I get the joke. Steelers fans will be delirous when they win their 6th. This is not news. This is obvious.

But when the happiness wears off a bit, and even now if you asked them, the honest among them would admit that it would have been sweeter had they gotten past the Patriots on the way. It would have been sweeter had they beaten the Pats in the AFC Champ game.

It's still obviouisly quite sweet. But just like there would have been something left to do had the Sox beaten the Twins on the way to the title in 2004 (and for that reason, some Sox fans were actually rooting for the Yankees to beat the Twins that year), there's still something left in the minds of some, honest Steelers fans.

Again, I wouldn't expect a half wit like you to understand this. So go laugh and roll arond and beat your chest all you like.

Hey DS. Albany Ed is a Colts fan if I'm not mistaken. Why he's here defending the squealers is beyond me.. :shrug:

I think if history has taught us anything it's that you can't overlook teams like the 2005 Steelers and the 2007 Giants. And the 2008 Cardinals fit perfectly into those Cinderella slippers. If the Steelers get by them, they're the Champs - 'nuff said. No crying or regrets here.

IMO, Warner is a very dangerous threat to the Steelers - he won't be in awe of the stage or rattled in any way by their defense. He makes good, quick decisions. The Cards must IMO attack Woodley and Harrison with their running game in order to slow down the pass rush. As we witnessed in this year's Pats matchup, the Steelers CAN be run on with some success.

The Cards have magically conjured a run defense during the playoffs. The area I think they can be attacked, as we witnessed in the Philly game, is through the air. Containing Miller and Holmes I think will be crucial if the Cards are to win this game.

If you think about it, the cards (pun intended) really couldn't have been dealt better for the Red Birds - two home games, and two (relatively) warm weather away games....perhaps destiny awaits?

+1 great post.

Rivers and Chargers Receiver put up some points at Heinz Field... Just imagine what Warner and CIE will do on a fast dry neutral field in TAMPA

I'm going to echo some of the sentiments regarding the Cards maybe not being such a pushover going into the big game.

About 6, 7 weeks ago, many Pats fans including myself were looking at the schedule thinking the Cards might be the team that kept us from the playoffs.

That didn't happen as the Cards all but rolled over and played dead in Foxboro. Going into the playoffs, I was convinced they were a fraud team. They have almost convinced me otherwise.

I do still believe the balance of the power in the NFL reigns in the AFC but I do think a good gameplan and solid execution might lead to a good game. But the Steelers D is tough. I'm thinking it's going to be more of a dogfight than most might think.

For my part, I will be rooting for the underdog Cards. I just can't bring myself to root for the Steelers. But I do respect them. They beat the Pats in the regular season in Foxboro and that loss along with the loss to the Colts was what did the Pats in in the end.

How can any of you, not think for one second we won't win this? We have the #1 D in the NFL, and can pick apart anyone. Cakewalk! YOU BET!!!!!!!! Bring in the STEEL CURTAIN PART 2!!!!!!! Won't it be nice pats fans to see the Steelers get another Superbowl, and start another dynasty?

How can any of you, not think for one second we won't win this? We have the #1 D in the NFL, and can pick apart anyone. Cakewalk! YOU BET!!!!!!!! Bring in the STEEL CURTAIN PART 2!!!!!!! Won't it be nice pats fans to see the Steelers get another Superbowl, and start another dynasty?
I would not be that cocky this is the nfl anything can happen. Upset do happen all the time . We will see who the better tem is when they play in the SB.

God, why does that remind me of The Greatest Show on Turf? "Today, a dynasty is born" etc...

Go **** yourself. Seriously.

Yay for you.

Just curious. Did you think that the Pats would win in 2001? How about the Giants last year (and we'll stipulate in advance that you wont tell the truth about that one)? How about the Cardinals two days ago?

Underdogs win, champ.

Hey, but I hope you have a good game on Sunday. You be careful.

Big Ben got Credit for an amazing pass... Td to S.Holmes... we was throwing the ball away the guy was cover... the defender fell...64 yds later TD... that is pure luck...

Back