Stillers fans wont admit it

I apologize. I usually don't even come here, but I just wanted to get some other team's perspectives of yesterday's games, and usually, there are some great insights on this board for that kind of thing. I just got caught up in reading a self serving, strictly pats fans perspective thread and commented on it, when it really was of no concern to me. And none of my business.

Again, my apologies.

Not accepted. You will continue to be thrashed for as long as you troll here.

of course they would love to beat the pats in the playoffs on the way to a sb. but it's the pats fault that they never got the chance, not theirs. the regular season win that prevented us from making the playoffs should be satisfying enough

Yeah, I'll bet that if and when they watch their STEELERS hoist their 6th Lomboardi, those two things will be uppermost in their minds.
Holy carp - how you doin, ed!

Cheers, BostonTim

I apologize. I usually don't even come here, but I just wanted to get some other team's perspectives of yesterday's games, and usually, there are some great insights on this board for that kind of thing. I just got caught up in reading a self serving, strictly pats fans perspective thread and commented on it, when it really was of no concern to me. And none of my business.

Again, my apologies.
The comment wasn't self-serving. It was a perspective on the Pats-Steelers rivalry that you, and many Pats fans, don't share.

But it doesn't serve my interets to make the point.

For me, the fact that the Pats aren't in the SB utterly sucks, and the fact that some Stillers fans will feel somewhat unfulfilled that they will not go through the Pats to get there is the coldest of all comforts.

Not accepted. You will continue to be thrashed for as long as you troll here.
If my opinion means anything, Ed (if this is the ED I ussed to deal with a lot) is no troll - and he makes a point I think. I here what DS is saying, and the sox-yanks is a valid analogy, but there is something not quite right about us if we don't make the playoffs and we lose to them in the rs and the steelers win their 6th superbowl and we try to color it so that they are unfullfilled.

Cheers, BostonTim

If my opinion means anything, Ed (if this is the ED I ussed to deal with a lot) is no troll - and he makes a point I think. There is something not quite right about us if we don't make the playoffs and we lose to thm in the res and the steelers win their 6th superbowl and we try to color it so that they are unfullfilled.

Cheers, BostonTim

All I know about Ed is what I read today, and I don't know if he's a troll or not.

As to something not being quite right, I think it's your point.

If you're a Sox fan, can you not relate to the point that if the Sox had not beaten the Yankees in 04 or 07 on the way to the WS title, that something would be missing from it? Whether the Yankees made the playoffs or not in those years, as great as it would have been, there would have been some unfinished business.

That's my point.

And it applies somewhat to the Steelers given the AFC Champ games in 2001 and 2004.

If my opinion means anything, Ed (if this is the ED I ussed to deal with a lot) is no troll - and he makes a point I think. There is something not quite right about us if we don't make the playoffs and we lose to thm in the res and the steelers win their 6th superbowl and we try to color it so that they are unfullfilled.

Cheers, BostonTim

Yeah, I don't really care what his track record was in the past. He came in here to douche it up, and tried to back off.

The point is still weak. RS doesn't mean jack, neither do the 4 Super Bowls won pre-Atari. Pittsburgh is a formidable opponent, but until they go through us (at full strength if they want to count regular season wins) they can continue to call us daddy.

EDIT: Fans of other teams who show up after big wins and post about thrashing us...eff them. That isn't contribution, it's trolling.

All I know about Ed is what I read today, and I don't know if he's a troll or not.

As to something not being quite right, I think it's your point.

If you're a Sox fan, can you not relate to the point that if the Sox had not beaten the Yankees in 04 or 07 on the way to the WS title, that something would be missing from it? Whether the Yankees made the playoffs or not in those years, as great as it would have been, there would have been some unfinished business.

That's my point.

And it applies somewhat to the Steelers given the AFC Champ games in 2001 and 2004.
I was editing my own post to accept the validity of your analogy - while you were responding -

I've dealt with Ed for four or five years and he's always been a gentleman. Again, a testimonial is only worth so much and of course you have to consider the source, Just putting it out there.

Cheers, BostonTim

I was editing my own post to accept the validity of your analogy - while you were responding -

I've dealt with Ed for four or five years and he's always been a gentleman. Again, a testimonial is only worth so much and of course you have to consider the source, Just putting it out there.

Cheers, BostonTim

That's cool. I think you're a great poster and have absolutely no beef with you whatsoever.

And maybe Ed has been good in the past.

But he was a dick to me today, and even his apology was dickish in that he was still signling me out for making, essentially, a point that he just disagreed with.

It's comical that he or anyone else would view a point in this regard as "self-serving" when it was just an observation on the Stillers and their fans.

Let us all be clear: The Pats being out of the tourney sucked big giant chunks of manure this year. Gobs and gobs of shit. That's how much it sucked.

I'm glad the Steelers wont get their total victory, like we got in 04. I'm glad they wont have a Celtics over Lakers type feeling in the finals. Who could care about the Cardinals either way?

But this is a commentary only on them. Nothing changes that the Patriots were outsiders this time around, even if they were valiant along the way.

Slainte'

Holy carp - how you doin, ed!

Cheers, BostonTim

Back atcha Tim. Long time no read. Hope all is well. I'm only here on rare occasions, so we won't be running into each other much. I haven't done the star in over a year now, same as you.

As for the rest of the posters on this thread? You're welcome to it. I won't bother you any longer.

I wouldn't consider not beating you guys en route to the superbowl as "tainted" or "*". You look at our schedule this past year and I think they have showed alot to me. Would I have loved for them to beat you guys at Heinz Field in the AFC championship? Ofcourse :p

In retrospect actually one could consider us the nail in the coffin of you guys not making the playoffs.

In regards to our superbowl draws what do you consider the giants and panthers?

Honest question: does being Denver's bishes in the playoffs in any way taint or lessen the Super Bowls that NE won? :shrug:

And to the OP's point, yes, from our vantage point, it was nice to beat NE on the way to our SB. We answered a lot of "can'ts" that year, one of which was beating the Pats in the playoffs.

Honest question: does being Denver's bishes in the playoffs in any way taint or lessen the Super Bowls that NE won? :shrug:

And to the OP's point, yes, from our vantage point, it was nice to beat NE on the way to our SB. We answered a lot of "can'ts" that year, one of which was beating the Pats in the playoffs.

Denver beat us once...AFTER the Super Bowls. That's a terrible point.

But, like I said, I would've been a little disappointed that we didn't get to beat you guys had we won last year. The regular season doesn't mean much to me. Even that, however, is a weaker comparison because we have had playoff success over you in the past.

I was rooting for Denver to beat SF in week 17 2006, though, so we got them instead of NYJ and thus some revenge in the first round.

Why would it matter to me that the Steelers didn't beat a non-playoff team in the playoffs? :confused:

Darryl, your team's season ended long ago. It's ok. It happens. Stop trying to make the Pats somehow relevant to this post season. :thumb:

I think it's funny that non-Pats fans would be posting here when their team just clinched a spot in the SB.

Back