Stillers fans wont admit it

Damn DS, everyone's not in denial. Everyone's just different. :coffee:

That's fine. And I'm not suggesting it's black and white. My point was never that winning the Super Bowl is not all kinds of awesome no matter who you beat on the way. I just think that beating rivals -- old ones or new one -- or not playing them means more than Albany Ed is suggesting.

First off, beating the ratbirds in the AFCC game trumps beating the patsies any day of the week. That's plain and simple. Second, yes, I suppose I will always wish that the Steelers could have won the games in 2001 and 2004, but they didn't. The patsies were the dynasty and the Steelers weren't. Water under the bridge since we won the Super Bowl in 2005. As soon as we won the Super Bowl, it put a huge cap on the past and I just quit caring about that. Not playing the patsies in the playoffs is not something that bothers me. Quite frankly, I don't want to run into the patsies in the playoffs. Every team has a team that's got their number and for us that seems to be the patsies. Of course, I sense that things may be changing.

Nice move coming on here and calling the Pats "patsies."

No, you're not a troll. You're here for good football conversation.

In any event, enjoy it now.

Funny, by the way. I get the sense that the Pats will be back and will bounce your team on their ass next year.

Either way, whether it's in the past or not, I'll get to enjoy the DVDs of the Patriots boning the Steeles up the ass in Pittsurgh in the AFC Champ game twice on the way to the title for eternity.

That part at the end when Willie tells Steelers fans to "cancel them reservations"......priceless.

Hate to say this DS, but I dont think that beating a rival in the playoffs is necessarily better. I'd rather see the Colts at 1-15 and NaPolian being investigated for a sex offense, for instance.

Hate to say this DS, but I dont think that beating a rival in the playoffs is necessarily better. I'd rather see the Colts at 1-15 and NaPolian being investigated for a sex offense, for instance.
That's a great point. I agree 100%. I'd rather see the Colts on their asses than get to beat them on the way to a title.

But if the rival is still a competitive team, and that team has beaten my team either a lot over time or in the very recent past in the playoffs (like the Yankees in both cases vis-a-vis the Sox), then beating them on the way to the title means a lot to me.

Re Stillers fans fans won't admit it

You title this thread Stillers fans won't admit it. and when a Steelers fan uses their nickname for your team, he's a troll? So that's how it is on this board? Nice.

You title this thread Stillers fans won't admit it. and when a Steelers fan uses their nickname for your team, he's a troll? So that's how it is on this board? Nice.
First, I honestly don't think Stillers is an insult. Is it? That's just how people with a Pittsburgh accent pronounce the word. Conversely, "patsies" is obviously an insult.

Second, this is a Pats board. Coming on here as an opposing fan and calling the Pats the "patsies" in a post where the poster suggests that the Pats are on the way down isn't cool. It's trolling.

First, I honestly don't think Stillers is an insult. Is it? That's just how people with a Pittsburgh accent pronounce the word. Conversely, "patsies" is obviously an insult.

Second, this is a Pats board. Coming on here as an opposing fan and calling the Pats the "patsies" in a post where the poster suggests that the Pats are on the way down isn't cool. It's trolling.

DS, I also said I have no desire to meet the PATSIES in the playoffs. That's not enough respect for your team? Look, it's not like I called them the cheatriots. Oh, oops, just did.

Albany Ed, no it's not the way it really is on this board. DS and I just don't get along at all, so he will jump on anything I say. I could come out and say that the Patriots were the greatest team of all time and he would be pissed off that a Steelers fan said it.

shudda called em the Squealers

:shrug:

In any event, enjoy it now.

Funny, by the way. I get the sense that the Pats will be back and will bounce your team on their ass next year.

Either way, whether it's in the past or not, I'll get to enjoy the DVDs of the Patriots boning the Steeles up the ass in Pittsurgh in the AFC Champ game twice on the way to the title for eternity.

That part at the end when Willie tells Steelers fans to "cancel them reservations"......priceless.

That's ok. You know, I'm guessing amwreck will find that, when he looks at all of our Lombardi Trophies, and admires the sheer greatness of the Steelers franchise over the years, he probably won't even think of 2 little blips on that long timeline of greatness when we lost in the playoffs, and it happened to be to the same team. :shrug:
:thumb:

DS, I also said I have no desire to meet the PATSIES in the playoffs. That's not enough respect for your team? Look, it's not like I called them the cheatriots. Oh, oops, just did.

Albany Ed, no it's not the way it really is on this board. DS and I just don't get along at all, so he will jump on anything I say. I could come out and say that the Patriots were the greatest team of all time and he would be pissed off that a Steelers fan said it.
I admit that I think you're a troll, Amwreck. That said, if you said something I agreed with, I would sure as hell admit that. You just never have.

That's ok. You know, I'm guessing amwreck will find that, when he looks at all of our Lombardi Trophies, and admires the sheer greatness of the Steelers franchise over the years, he probably won't even think of 2 little blips on that long timeline of greatness when we lost in the playoffs, and it happened to be to the same team. :shrug:
:thumb:

Having been at Three Rivers for the Chargers win over the Steelers in the AFC Champ game in the 90s, I assure you that the Stillers have had more than two blips.

And I was actually rooting for Pitt that day as one of my close friends and I went to the game...and the dude is a Stillers fan.

Having been at Three Rivers for the Chargers win over the Steelers in the AFC Champ game in the 90s, I assure you that the Stillers have had more than two blips.

And I was actually rooting for Pitt that day as one of my close friends and I went to the game...and the dude is a Stillers fan.

It's actually nice having so many blips to go along with the five trophies. It really beats the alternative. Anytime I get even remotely upset about the Steelers losing a playoff game, I think of the bungles. They've had one winning season in 18 years and one playoff game, which they lost to us. With us losing to the Patriots (are you happy?) twice in AFCC games, I chalk it up to running into a dynasty. With the loss in '96, I chalked that up to a bad day. But I'm not one of those people that believe the only way to have a successful season is to win the Super Bowl. I enjoy the number of times the Steelers make the post-season - just as I am sure that you have enjoyed the many years that the Patrios (happy again?) have made the playoffs recently.

It's actually nice having so many blips to go along with the five trophies. It really beats the alternative. Anytime I get even remotely upset about the Steelers losing a playoff game, I think of the bungles. They've had one winning season in 18 years and one playoff game, which they lost to us. With us losing to the Patriots (are you happy?) twice in AFCC games, I chalk it up to running into a dynasty. With the loss in '96, I chalked that up to a bad day. But I'm not one of those people that believe the only way to have a successful season is to win the Super Bowl. I enjoy the number of times the Steelers make the post-season - just as I am sure that you have enjoyed the many years that the Patrios (happy again?) have made the playoffs recently.
Only Yankees fans think every season has to end in a title.

Of course I've enjoyed years when the Pats didn't win it all. Not making the playoffs totally sucks but any season in which my team had a legitimate shot to win it all (and I would include 2008 in that) is a very good season.

Steelers > Patsies
I love saying that.

Yours Truly,
AnOldTroll.

That's fine. And I'm not suggesting it's black and white. My point was never that winning the Super Bowl is not all kinds of awesome no matter who you beat on the way. I just think that beating rivals -- old ones or new one -- or not playing them means more than Albany Ed is suggesting.

I think you're pretty much on the money DS.

If the Browns should ever be fortunate enough to ever make it to the AFFC every fan in Cleveland would want it to be against Denver. I think even moreso than against long time rival Pittsburgh or in state rival Cincy. The bitterness of the "drive" & "fumble" still fills the air like the stench of the long gone LTV steel mill.

Steelers > Patsies
I love saying that.

Yours Truly,
AnOldTroll.

30746.jpg

Back