Super Bowl 53: Official Game Thread

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9wPvIiGUzks" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is one of the few times I regret not watching tv. This is awesome!

Roberts just punked a guard! Then Hightower just annihilated that TE. Also the Gilmore strip was all sorts of awesome. In these three plays it shows why the Pats defense only allowed 3 points. They just dominated the Rams from the opening snap.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9wPvIiGUzks" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very Cool! Pats D was bitch slappin' 'em

I wish Hoyer kept this info behind closed doors.

Meh. If it was a team the Pats played often I'd rather he not tip his hand like that, but I think all he did here was give upcoming opponents of LA way more tape to crush McVey.

Also helps explain the lolcritics saying the Pats had to have cheated to hold the Rams to 3 points.

but but but McVay is the greatest of the great!!! The genius!!!

are you saying he is like Robin Thick's Blurred Lines, A copy cat?!?!

This is an exact copy of Kubiak's version of Shanahan's 'West Coast Offense For Morons' offense.

"Blurred Lines" was more original in comparison.

Why? The Rams didn't.

How teams didn't figure out that this was Mike Shanahan's offense before now is pretty sad, actually.

Didn't it sound like "we knew every play".

There is a clip of BB stating that the next play would be a play action on a third and two. Stated it like he knew the play call. Prior to hearing about the Hoyer analysis I thought BB just knew from his own scouting. Or did they hear a play call?

It's a lot of ammunition for the haters.

this has to be the single most overblown story to come out of this sb - does anybody with half a clue think BB needed hoyer to tell him what O the rams were running?

so great hoyer gave the D good scout team looks - golfclap for him. besides thats nothing new in patriot land, i remember when JG was getting the same kinds of kudos for great looks too...

Didn't it sound like "we knew every play".

There is a clip of BB stating that the next play would be a play action on a third and two. Stated it like he knew the play call. Prior to hearing about the Hoyer analysis I thought BB just knew from his own scouting. Or did they hear a play call?

It's a lot of ammunition for the haters.

Don't care about the haters. Be pissed at your own team for not figuring out a 10-year-old offense.

Hoyer ran the Rams exact offense, language and everything, when he was QB for the Browns.

Advantage: Patriots' Defense.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/11/super-bowl-devin-jason-mccourty-brian-hoyer-patriots-rams

Oh, and so much for McVay being an offensive wizard. He stole that offense from Kyle Shanahan!

I heard this just the other day. Such an incredible angle and hard to believe it wasn’t disclosed prior to now. Think of all the recap stuff that could’ve been influenced with this storyline.

One of my favs of the article:

On Tuesday of Super Bowl week, after watching tape for six straight days, Devin called for a players-only walkthrough, because he figured they needed to physically learn some of the changes they were making on first and second down. In the days to follow, it was clear to everyone what was happening.

“Once we got into Atlanta, into the preparation, it was frustrating for me,” Hoyer says. “They had everything covered. I was like, ‘Either these guys know what all our plays are, or they’re gonna ball out in the game.’ You could see it. They were playing so fast, they were so on top of it. And you get to the game, and they go and have the best defensive performance I’ve ever witnessed.”

No one would’ve predicted that was coming back when the Patriots got gashed by the Jaguars, Lions and Titans. That’s where we saw all the imperfections in a team that somehow wound up being absolutely perfect for the program Belichick’s built over the last 19 years.

The Patriots are made to outflank, outthink and outwork the opponent at every turn. In using every last resource, even a backup quarterback at the highest level to chase the ultimate prize, is exactly what the Patriots did.

Why? The Rams didn't.

How teams didn't figure out that this was Mike Shanahan's offense before now is pretty sad, actually.

This.

Shows you the level of coaching across the league.

The only thing missing - I would’ve liked a question or report on what Bill had to say when Hoyer told him it was Shanahan’s Offense. Was it an ”I know” or a “Really?”.

Back