Super Bowl 53: Official Game Thread

Fully healthy team, only question will be the inactives.

Pats have never scored a TD in the first quarter of a Super Bowl iirc. I'd love to see today be the day and for them to come out strong, but I'm trying to remind myself not to panic regardless of the score at the half. Go Pats!

I'll be here in spirit! I'm going to a Super Bowl party though may cut out at the half since it's close to home. Too much distraction at big parties.

Go, Pats!!! :patriotlogo:

Pats have never scored a TD in the first quarter of a Super Bowl iirc. I'd love to see today be the day and for them to come out strong, but I'm trying to remind myself not to panic regardless of the score at the half. Go Pats!

I’d love to see a first half like we saw in KC.

But for whatever reason this team often starts slow in SBs, on both sides of the ball. Doesn’t matter as long as they win, but man it would be nice to play with a lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd expect LA to be nervous (Goff in particular) and that the Pats - like the Saints - could jump out to a lead. But where Saints had to settle for some field goals pats need TD's... which historically is not what they do in the first quarter of SB's, so something may give here.
I'll take any lead, but scoring TD's early could throw Ram's off their game plan.

with the expected running by both teams (unless either is behind by a lot) this could be a fairly quick game as SB's go.

I'd expect LA to be nervous (Goff in particular) and that the Pats - like the Saints - could jump out to a lead. But where Saints had to settle for some field goals pats need TD's... which historically is not what they do in the first quarter of SB's, so something may give here.
I'll take any lead, but scoring TD's early could throw Ram's off their game plan.

with the expected running by both teams (unless either is behind by a lot) this could be a fairly quick game as SB's go.

Agreed. If the Rams stick to their run game and it gets shut down by the Pats I’m not sure how the Rams will recover. Saints were up two scores. If Pats get up by that I can’t see them blowing it.

Boy, I'm glad that I checked the board. So, there's a game today?

Just one Superbowl I would like the Pats to win a SB going away in the 4th quarter there is no dough who is the winner.... the rams are getting a lot of love on the NFL net work and of course ESPN.:patriotlogo:

Well I for one am very nervous. I don't like this match up. Hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about how we contain the Rams dline

Only a field goal last year...they would be better off starting like they did vs the Chargers this year.

Only a field goal last year...they would be better off starting like they did vs the Chargers this year.

I think unfamiliar teams try to feel each other out. A couple games in the past, pats didn't take the ball first, and the other teams had long time consuming drives. If they win the flip, they should take the ball.

For anyone who has been to Gillette, the number of Rams fans is similar to if this were a regular season game and the Rams were in town. I look forward to your reports on how it looks on TV.

Mods? NO BIG DEAL, but any chance the thread title could be edited to replace 53 with LIII?

Cheers

Back