T.O. on the trading block: Could he be our #3?

I hope his ass gets traded anywhere as he is absolutely KILLING my fantasy team.

You know, in thinking about it, I might just take TO. He's desperate to get out of Buffalo and could probably keep his mouth shut for a few months.

Now we just have to find a quarterback who can throw him the ball. ;) ROFL

TO is like a hot girl with an obvious herpes sore.

You can try and convince yourself all you want it's not there. But deep down you know the truth.

hey...don't you guys need another wide out? Thought Gonzalez was hurt.

Funny story, well, at least for me...I have been so frustrated with the lack of a viable 3rd WR that all morning I was wracking my brains trying to figure out a solution. I finally figured it out, and it was trading for T.O. So I called a friend of mine on the board this afternoon and said, "I've got the solution. Trade for T.O." And then went on to justify my insanity.

T.O. would come here gratefully, on hands and knees to us for freeing him from the Siberian hell that he's in. He would come here knowing that Randy Moss is the #1 receiver. He would come here knowing that this is a team first mentality and that he would have his hands full with a "throw me the ball" attitude with Randy Moss in the locker room. He would come here at 36 years old, having a lot of speed and agility left in the tank, and would drive every team in the NFL insane knowing that we had Moss and Owens with Welker in the middle.

Do I think it will happen? No. Do I think it should happen? Yes.

I'm thinking a TO vs. WW/RM cage fight would happen sooner.

This could be an incredible secondary revenue stream for Patriot Place. NFL MMA!!! Wow!

In all seriousness, TO is on the books for $6.5mm which is more than NE has in cap space now. It would require restructuring, and I can think of some things I would rather do with increased cap space.

Plus, who would give up their number?

Seems like it only took five games in Western NY with the Dick Jaurons to finally humble TO. I believe he's genuinely contrite now and would be a good soldier in the BB army. ;) I'd bet he'd be willing to take a serious pay cut to come here and play for a ring with Tommy Boy and Randy so salary cap wouldn't be an issue.

As for the number I think he'd be happy with 18 at this point too? Do we have a number 18 already?

Come on Mr. Kraft. Let's make this happen!! :D

Funny story, well, at least for me...I have been so frustrated with the lack of a viable 3rd WR that all morning I was wracking my brains trying to figure out a solution. I finally figured it out, and it was trading for T.O. So I called a friend of mine on the board this afternoon and said, "I've got the solution. Trade for T.O." And then went on to justify my insanity.

T.O. would come here gratefully, on hands and knees to us for freeing him from the Siberian hell that he's in. He would come here knowing that Randy Moss is the #1 receiver. He would come here knowing that this is a team first mentality and that he would have his hands full with a "throw me the ball" attitude with Randy Moss in the locker room. He would come here at 36 years old, having a lot of speed and agility left in the tank, and would drive every team in the NFL insane knowing that we had Moss and Owens with Welker in the middle.

I bow to your wisdom and pro football acumen. :bow:

:)

This could be an incredible secondary revenue stream for Patriot Place. NFL MMA!!! Wow!

Seems like it only took five games in Western NY with the Dick Jaurons to finally humble TO. I believe he's genuinely contrite now and would be a good soldier in the BB army. ;) I'd bet he'd be willing to take a serious pay cut to come here and play for a ring with Tommy Boy and Randy so salary cap wouldn't be an issue.

As for the number I think he'd be happy with 18 at this point too? Do we have a number 18 already?

Come on Mr. Kraft. Let's make this happen!! :D

A pay cut? He is only on a one year contract. To my understanding those cannot be rewritten because contracts can only be ammended once in any 12 month period.

I do have to correct myself, though. Since we are 5/16 into the season, his cap number would be lowered accordingly to $4.5mm. Still more than NE can afford.

By seasons end, when Edelman and Tate are in full bloom, no one will be worrying about the #3 option. Hell, it wasn't like the lack of a #3 hurt them yesterday, Welker and Moss were open all day.

If it were to happen like that? Sure.

Now that he doesn't have his every game a catch streak anymore, maybe he's more humble? :shrug:

If it were to happen like that? Sure.

Now that he doesn't have his every game a catch streak anymore, maybe he's more humble? :shrug:
Hot girl. Herpes. You're rationalizing like some lonely dude on a dry spell.

Herpes is forever JH.

ROFL

I would be worried as hell if it happened.

Lisa has a point, but I have no reason to believe TO it less than himself anymore. :shrug:
Exactly, That cold sore is what you think it is.

ROFL

I would be worried as hell if it happened.

Lisa has a point, but I have no reason to believe TO it less than himself anymore. :shrug:

He's not a kid anymore. He's learned a few lessons along the way. He likes attention, no doubt. But I'm sure he would rather end his career on top and playing at his highest level than fade away into obscurity with the Bills or the Raiders or the Lions.

This guy could make a difference here, and that's all I give a sh*t about.

Back