T.O. on the trading block: Could he be our #3?

He's not a kid anymore. He's learned a few lessons along the way. He likes attention, no doubt. But I'm sure he would rather end his career on top and playing at his highest level than fade away into obscurity with the Bills or the Raiders or the Lions.

This guy could make a difference here, and that's all I give a sh*t about.

He was over 30 with both the Eagles and Dallas.

He's not a kid anymore. He's learned a few lessons along the way. He likes attention, no doubt. But I'm sure he would rather end his career on top and playing at his highest level than fade away into obscurity with the Bills or the Raiders or the Lions.

I will say I've expected a Meltdown for some time now. What are we, on the 6th week of fail for the Bills now and not a peep?

Sucking can bring the best and/or the worst out of you.

He's what, 36 years old? He went from America's team making solid plays there to a Pop Warner team. Do you really think he isn't humbled? Because I think he is. And like I said, if he can help out here, send him on down.

He's what, 36 years old? He went from America's team making solid plays there to a Pop Warner team. Do you really think he isn't humbled? Because I think he is. And like I said, if he can help out here, send him on down.

Why would he be? He has been "humbled" a dozen times in the past 3-4 years and yet remains a team wrecker.

Are you saying that this time the humbling is real?

what.gif

No, I just feel his thinking is in line with mine.

Don't look now Os but my cousin's gf is a waitress at Arby's in Buffalo (in addition to being a cheerleader on the Bills scout team) and she just texted that BK and BB are there with TO eating roast beef sandwiches right now. Said she overheard something about the Patriot way??

Prolly nothin' to it. :jester:

Funny story, well, at least for me...I have been so frustrated with the lack of a viable 3rd WR that all morning I was wracking my brains trying to figure out a solution. I finally figured it out, and it was trading for T.O. So I called a friend of mine on the board this afternoon and said, "I've got the solution. Trade for T.O." And then went on to justify my insanity.

T.O. would come here gratefully, on hands and knees to us for freeing him from the Siberian hell that he's in. He would come here knowing that Randy Moss is the #1 receiver. He would come here knowing that this is a team first mentality and that he would have his hands full with a "throw me the ball" attitude with Randy Moss in the locker room. He would come here at 36 years old, having a lot of speed and agility left in the tank, and would drive every team in the NFL insane knowing that we had Moss and Owens with Welker in the middle.

Do I think it will happen? No. Do I think it should happen? Yes.

This is spot on. The man is playing for his supper. I think he can shut his mouth for a dozen weeks or so. So long as there is an "easy out" clause (which there is simply based on it being a one year deal), I say do it.

Roll them dice...

He's playing for the Bills. What do you expect?

Lee Evans: 63 rec, 1017 yds, 3 TD
Josh Reed: 56 rec, 597 yds, 1 TD

2009 (through 5 games)

Terrell Owens: 12 rec, 202 yds, 1 TD
Lee Evans: 12 rec, 159 yds, 1 TD

I expect, for $6.5 mil one year contract and him being TO, to put up significantly better numbers than Lee Evans, or for Evans to have monster numbers because TO is a decoy.

That is, if he can, indeed still "ball".

I don't think he can "ball" any more and would be like adding Donald Hayes.

Metro you should be sent to the assclown asylum for a full week of D22 and company as punishment for even thinking this, must less posting it.

BAD METRO ! BAD BAD METRO !

That's what the Eagles thought. (and the cowboys...and the bills...)

And he was a saint his 1st year for both teams. Well, comparatively to the other years with those teams and the niners, he was a saint.

He would be a good little soldier if he came here the remainder of this year. I don't know if the team would want that kind of distraction though.

Lee Evans: 63 rec, 1017 yds, 3 TD
Josh Reed: 56 rec, 597 yds, 1 TD

2009 (through 5 games)

Terrell Owens: 12 rec, 202 yds, 1 TD
Lee Evans: 12 rec, 159 yds, 1 TD

I expect, for $6.5 mil one year contract and him being TO, to put up significantly better numbers than Lee Evans, or for Evans to have monster numbers because TO is a decoy.

That is, if he can, indeed still "ball".

I don't think he can "ball" any more and would be like adding Donald Hayes.

How many times has the ball been thrown to him? Has he been dropping passes consistently? Can he just not get away from coverage or is the QB going in another direction afraid to throw to him with CBs all over him?

Metro you should be sent to the assclown asylum for a full week of D22 and company as punishment for even thinking this, must less posting it.

BAD METRO ! BAD BAD METRO !

Sorry HH. Seemed like a dull day around here and I wanted to do my part to liven things up a little. :D

Heck. Nevermind what TO can do to a team. Just look at what he can do to a fanbase! :jester:

Back