Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

FnV0YClWIAIkstA
That was me and birds, at one point had 18. 🤣🤣🤣

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

June 19, 2023: DH2 swallows paw, leg, and all . Exactly as the title says! DH2 eats what I believe is a raccoon's leg based on the paw. It takes DH2 a couple of tries to get the bone and paw down and she has a very full crop afterwards. It's a wonder the bone isn't protruding from her mouth!

June 16, 2023: Early fish delivery, foot grab. The video opens with a stunning look at HM. We hear bird song, the neighborhood crow watch, and screeing from DH2. HM watches, becoming more alert as the video progresses, and HM and DH2 are both vocalizing by 1:19. HD lands in the nest with an early breakfish for DH2, but his flying fishwagon is pulled up short when DH2 grabs his foot, or maybe the fish it is attached to! A brief tug-o-war ensues before HD gets his foot back!

Our newest member will arrive on July 18th / 22nd a red Merle .... we met her yesterday and fell in love. I will post pictures when we get her. Grandkids are submitting names as we speak.... I’m not a fan of cropped tails but she’s perfect otherwise. I’m kind of looking forward to the whole body wag though.

My Daughther who thinks she’s our parent now wants to know what we are thinking lol... I said Im thinking of a companion in our old age and no I don’t want a cat.

~Dee~

Our newest member will arrive on July 18th / 22nd a red Merle .... we met her yesterday and fell in love. I will post pictures when we get her. Grandkids are submitting names as we speak.... I’m not a fan of cropped tails but she’s perfect otherwise. I’m kind of looking forward to the whole body wag though.

My Daughther who thinks she’s our parent now wants to know what we are thinking lol... I said Im thinking of a companion in our old age and no I don’t want a cat.

~Dee~

Why you should have a cat

FxUPPtHWAAICWRk

Even though it’s Caturday, today might be the day DH2 fledges :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

Who's that eagle on the Y-Branch? It's DH2! At 7:11 AM this morning, DH2 briefly
hopped up to the cam branch before returning to the nest, followed by an excursion
to the Y at 8:19 AM. DH2 turns 79 days old today. Will today be the day she fledges?

IMG_3303.jpeg

DH2 hops to the cam branch, flies back down:

8:19 am DH2 branches to the Y branch:

Doing some cleaning and one of them was cleaning out clothes. I found a whole drawer full of khakis, shorts and jeans. No idea if I put them in there because they didn’t fit or what. They fit and now I have more then a pair of shorts again. I just hope they didn’t fit because they got too loose.

In other news, did my quarterly kidney doctor appointment blood work. Kidney gfr dropped four points. It was 43, now 39. Still stage 3b until under 30. Renal failure isn’t until under ten (stage 4 is 29-11)Has happened before and gone up. Hopefully that is the case here. If I keep in this range, I still shouldn’t have to worry about end stage failure for years, but especially in January. Just afraid it will happen eventually and I have to go through all the process of dialysis and transplant process.

Last edited:
Back