Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

We always used the phrase "Joyous Easter"

A Joyous Easter to all our Planeteers.

Love the things I learn on the internet.:

Why two different Easters? Western Easter falls on the First Sunday following the first full moon following the Vernal Equinox That varies, so the church calendar fixes it as March 21 for simplification) . Eastern Easter falls on the first Sunday following the first full moon following Jewish Passover.

Cheers, all

This week is spring break for the kids. My wife works tonight and tomorrow, that means when not working tomorrow, she will be sleeping and then most of the day Tuesday after work sleeping. Wednesday they have dentist appointments. I work through Wednesday. Olivia is currently sick so she can't do anything yet. They won't even be able to spend time at grandparents house for a few nights like we hoped either if Olivia is still sick. Even if she is better by Wednesday, They can't stay there more then a night and with her being sick, they can't go to a friends daycare either. I'm trying to get an oil change done on my car and no idea if I will get that.

I might be taking them to a local fire station so they can see the trucks on Tuesday but only if Olivia is better and maybe the Indy zoo on Friday. I was hoping to enjoy a night alone when neither Sarah or I worked for once but not sure if that will happen.
Turns out Olivia had strep and an ear infection. We thought she was over it but still had a cough. Elizabeth got strep now. Just hoping both take medicine to get over it. Olivia should take it with minimal fighting. Every time we have to give Elizabeth medicine, we have to hold her down or put it in a drink. When she knows it is in a drink , she drinks it very slowly and complains the whole time. When she drinks normally, it is gone in no time.

Turns out Olivia had strep and an ear infection. We thought she was over it but still had a cough. Elizabeth got strep now. Just hoping both take medicine to get over it. Olivia should take it with minimal fighting. Every time we have to give Elizabeth medicine, we have to hold her down or put it in a drink. When she knows it is in a drink , she drinks it very slowly and complains the whole time. When she drinks normally, it is gone in no time.
Sorry remember those days well….

~Dee~

Morning all-

Hope everyone had a fantastic day yesterday and has a wonderful day today!.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Good morning!

View: https://twitter.com/dariusaniunas/status/1775103817790476559

GKJ3BOCXsAAgdLk

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

April 2, 2024: The wind blew and the rain and snow flew, but DNF and Mr. North fed the eaglet crew! The terrific two ate nine times today so far, including a dual feeding by Mr. North (DN18) and DNF (DN17). Having two parents on hand helped shield the eaglets from the wind and snow and got food in everyone quickly before they settled back down under Mombrella's warm feathers. This winter has felt like one long April Fool's joke, with the punchline ending - we hope? - on April 1st. In like a lamb, out like a lion!

April 2, 2024: 8:20 am Rainy day, DNF feeds & snuggles them back down. It’s a messy day in Decorah as rain precedes snow, followed by rain, followed by snow. But the pantree is well-stocked and the eaglets - look at how tall they are already! are hungry. DNF feeds them from the plentiful prey buffet and snuggles them back down, safe and dry beneath her.

March 30, 2024: DN18 snoozing, DNF pulls covers up. March 30 was cute overload all day long! I loved the wonderful looks at DN18 - sweet eagle dreams! - and DNF pulling the covers up at 3:40. A lovely and tender video.

March 30, 2024: DN17 watches Mom and Dad have a stick fight, so it decides to mimic them! DNF pogos into the nest with a very large stick! DN17 and DN18 are hiding from the shade beneath her parasol pantaloons, but she grabs the stick and a tango begins: DNF's beak on one side and Mr. North's talons on the other. Mr. North switches sides and the two carry the stick towards the edge of the nest, away from the eaglets. It's hard to believe they might be perching on it in seven weeks or so! Should the stick go here? DN17 appears to be watching with great interest as its parents work to get the stick just right! At 1:22, the little eaglet appears to mimic them as it grabs and lifts a corn husk, moving it from one side of the egg cup to the other. It's a fun reminder that eaglet behavior is stimulated by watching and interacting with parents and siblings!

Back