Texans V Patriots - Divisional Round Sat 8:15pm ET

Ok.. so maybe I was wrong about who we were. Filled with false hope.

I appreciate your hospitality & I'll be dropping by from time to time as you advance.

I appreciate your hospitality & I'll be dropping by from time to time as you advance.
That was a tough game your squad played. had my stomach in knots. i don't think you or your team has to hang their heads. but you should point and laugh at all the media for being so dismissive of your team. that was starting to piss even me off!

That was a tough game your squad played. had my stomach in knots. i don't think you or your team has to hang their heads. but you should point and laugh at all the media for being so dismissive of your team. that was starting to piss even me off!

At the same time, Os is not the answer lol. He was downright awful. Offensive playcalling wasn't consistent either.

D played well though.

I'm still not sure if Os is THAT horrible, honestly. he might just be average. haven't we seen eli and flacco play plenty of games like that?

Houston's D was pretty sick. That was a tough game, and it sure felt a lot closer than the score indicated.

Ugggh....I'm tired, but it's a good tired. I got home after 12, in bed after 1.

There were times when I felt we were watching the Flacco offense out there. Some of Brady's completions were pure hail marys, hoping his receivers could make a play, which they did enough times. I thought this was the Oline's worst game.

Most of us said during the week that the Pats would have to beat themselves to lose and they nearly did. But I also think we underestimated the Houston defense. They are fast and well coached.

Thankfully, the Houston offense was exactly what we thought they were. Thirteen of those 16 points were directly off of turnovers. The Pats defense stepped up despite being on the field for such a long stretch in the 1st half.

There are no style points in the NFL. I'll take it and hope that their mistakes are correctable. I'll be pull into the lot at 1:30 for my 7th AFCCG. For today, I have permission to do nothing and that's what I pan on doing?

:toast:

A couple things for you to consider-

your defense showed up to play. Granted, I think Clowney could have been flagged at least 2 more times for late hits on Brady...but I digress..

Last night, we saw something from the Pats that seems to be not entirely uncommon in this round, they came out stagnant and rusty on offense and never really seemed to click. Fortunately, their defense is as real as the day is long.

BUT, what they showed is this- you need to play a perfect game all the way around to beat them. The Texan offense is a dumpster fire filled with bags of AIDS. Os sucks. On a night where the Pats committed 3 turnovers and got uncharacteristically stuffed at the goal line before the half and basically looked like week-old vomit on offense they STILL made enough plays to put 34 points on the board. If you're playing them you're going to have to score in the 30s to have a real shot. I mean, I was absolutely freaking out in the first half and went on a 3 minute tirade after the 1st Brady pic but, in my mind, the ultimate outcome of this game was never in doubt.

Your boys gave them a better game than I expected, but this wasn't exactly SB 42 and Eli, despite all his Eli-ness, is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Os.

Houston's D was pretty sick. That was a tough game, and it sure felt a lot closer than the score indicated.

Tom got shit-pounded. I hurt all over just from watching. Infact, I'm still in bed barely able to move.

Cheers, BostonTim

Hey! I do all the cooking and most of the clean up in my kitchen. Its kinda a hobby of mine. So mrs sleeve eats restaurant quality meals regularly.

Not bragging just saying. I like to think that when either Lori or I cook (I cook more but we both cook a lot.) we eat better than we do most restaurants.

Cheers

The foodies where I work are into sous-vide cooking.

Have you tried it?
Have thought about it. Have looked often at the sous-vide ovens which are pretty expensive.

It seems a natural progression from braising, one of my very favorite methods of cooking (My very favorite cookbook out of almost 200: All about Braising by Molly Stevens). The thought of eliminating contact with the cooking liquid seems a mixed blessing. The con being the loss of the transcendent sauces that are the natural by-product of braising. But I think I'll be giving it a try at some point and if it seems worth it I'll consider investing some serious money into a good sous-vide oven.

Cheers

At the same time, Os is not the answer lol. He was downright awful. Offensive playcalling wasn't consistent either.

D played well though.
os sucks

I'm still not sure if Os is THAT horrible, honestly. he might just be average. haven't we seen eli and flacco play plenty of games like that?
No Os sucks

But trading for Jimmy G and playing him next year means you can drop OS and give that money to Jimmy G if he is what we think he is.

Back