Texans V Patriots - Divisional Round Sat 8:15pm ET

Steph Stradley picks Matt Chatham's brain in a fun Q&A session

Here's our Q&A this week:
Explain key ways the 2016 Patriots is different/same as previous years?
The biggest difference between this year's team and a year ago is vastly improved offensive line health and play, plus an offense that's able to be more versatile due to a far deeper wide receiver group and the return of a dependable running game.

I've spent these years as a former player analyst breaking down film on teams, and this has been one of the more difficult seasons in pinning down where they would focus on a week-to-week basis - something that in my opinion makes them that more difficult to prepare for. There is no guy the offense runs through - the way things tended to work with Rob Gronkowski and Julian Edelman as 1A and 1B in Brady's typical progressions.
A defense is forced to pretty much play them straight up because reliable tendencies are pretty difficult to come by when the high-touch guy could be anyone of about six guys.

Give SStradley a click. She deserves it.

http://m.chron.com/sports/texans/ar...ley-Texans-Patriots-Matt-Chatham-10855807.php

More from Steph Stradley in this often hilarious article in the Houston Chronicle.

So, I asked a variety of people who I thought might have interesting perspectives what the Patriots Death Star thermal exhaust port vulnerability is, and here are some of their answers:

Aaron Schatz (@FO_ASchatz) Head of Football Outsiders
"Sorry. Honestly, I got nothin'."
(Steph note: This is a fair answer).
Many answers are pretty good but most are comically misinformed.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...-Star-exhaust-port-vulnerability-10852928.php

Steph Stradley finishes with "Overall, I'm going with the Han Solo approach with a "Never tell me the odds"."

Blount good to go for Sat. Only player listed as questionable is Mitchell. This is awesome. Can't wait.

schefter reports Mitchell is out. looks like the WR questions are resolved.

Two racks of ribs just went into the oven for 4 hours of cooking.
Pasta salad is next.
Car packing commences shortly (canopy, propane heater, grill, generator/TV, cooler, tables, and so much more).
Departure time is 3PM.

I don't expect to have much of a voice left by the time I get home.

Enjoy the game everyone.

:toast::party:

I can't decide what to make for dinner today.
Chicken enchilada for late lunc then steak fajitas, chili and nachos for game. Homemade salsa and guacamole.

The Best Mexican food I ever had was when in Houston for SB. Sticking with the opponent theme.

If we are blessed with a win, next week is either KC BBQ or potato pancakes, Golabki and Pierogi.

Chicken enchilada for late lunch then steak fajitas, chili and nachos for game. Homemade salsa and guacamole.

The Best Mexican food I ever had was when in Houston for SB. Sticking with the opponent theme.

If we are blessed with a win, next week is either KC BBQ or potato pancakes, Golabki and Pierogi.

Yum. Sounds delicious :toast:

I'm making Thai Chicken Soup with Basil and Lime for a late lunch

http://mediterrasian.com/blog/?p=3503

For dinner I'm smoking a fresh turkey using corn cobs. First time I've used corn cobs but I've had Harrington's corn cob smoked meats and they're delish.

Yum. Sounds delicious :toast:

I'm making Thai Chicken Soup with Basil and Lime for a late lunch

http://mediterrasian.com/blog/?p=3503

For dinner I'm smoking a fresh turkey using corn cobs. First time I've used corn cobs but I've had Harrington's corn cob smoked meats and they're delish.

I will have to make my kids that soup, they love Thai.

I will have to make my kids that soup, they love Thai.

They'll love it...it's delish. I double the basil called for and use 1.5 times the red curry paste. I also add a pkg of vacuum packed udon chicken flavored noodles.

For 5 people I always double the recipe and it's gone in no time.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Serranos?

Cheers

I use a poblano and a jalapeno ;)

Chicken enchilada for late lunc then steak fajitas, chili and nachos for game. Homemade salsa and guacamole.

This is correct. Consume your foe.

Back