Texans V Patriots - Divisional Round Sat 8:15pm ET

It would be stupid to risk anything this game, so Brissett at QB. Keep Tom and Jimmy fresh for the afccg.

The only problem might be the Texans secondary as they have 3 solid corners in AJ Boye, Johnathon Joseph & Kareem Jackson. They are gonna need a good game from Martelius Bennett as the WR's may be held in check.

Also the Pats defense can't let Brock look like he did in the SNF game last year in Denver.

The only problem might be the Texans secondary as they have 3 solid corners in AJ Boye, Johnathon Joseph & Kareem Jackson. They are gonna need a good game from Martelius Bennett as the WR's may be held in check.

Also the Pats defense can't let Brock look like he did in the SNF game last year in Denver.

How about like they let him look like he did Week 3?

The Texans secondary scares me 0%.

The only problem would be if the equipment staff got drunk, passed out, and forgot to put the Patriots logos on the helmets. Assuming this does not happen, we're on to the Duckboats.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Patriots are *slight* favorites against Houston, ranging from 15.5 to 17 points. <a href="https://t.co/upH8VYGOZ9">pic.twitter.com/upH8VYGOZ9</a></p>— Mike Cole (@MikeColeNESN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeColeNESN/status/818204725174792193">January 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Patriots are *slight* favorites against Houston, ranging from 15.5 to 17 points. <a href="https://t.co/upH8VYGOZ9">pic.twitter.com/upH8VYGOZ9</a></p>— Mike Cole (@MikeColeNESN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeColeNESN/status/818204725174792193">January 8, 2017</a></blockquote>

I love it that 2017 will be ringing itself in by allowing me to print cash.

This is big, even for the tomato can game.

Let's welcome a warm weather dome team to Foxboro in January.

How about like they let him look like he did Week 3?

The Texans secondary scares me 0%.

As long as it's not a repeat of the 2010 divisional game against the Jets where everyone thought it was gonna be an easy win and then the Jets defense got to Brady and covered in the back end.

As long as it's not a repeat of the 2010 divisional game against the Jets where everyone thought it was gonna be an easy win and then the Jets defense got to Brady and covered in the back end.

You think the Texans are anywhere near as talented on defense as that Jets team was?

Seriously?

Seriously.

Really?

Don't forget, the Patriots ran O'Brien's offense in 2010. Same system, different play caller, not to mention a vastly more talented offensive team, and a top-5 defense to deal with a Texans team that can't score or even move the ball.

Your nervous/warning/whatever-it-is, is talk-show hot-take fodder, with no basis in anything quantifiable.

What have the Houston Texans shown you, since Week 3, that they've improved so dramatically, that they're going to come up to Foxboro as a warm-weather dome team, to play in 20 degree weather, and win?

I'll wait. :coffee:

You think the Texans are anywhere near as talented on defense as that Jets team was?

Seriously?

Seriously.

Really?

Don't forget, the Patriots ran O'Brien's offense in 2010. Same system, different play caller, not to mention a vastly more talented offensive team, and a top-5 defense to deal with a Texans team that can't score or even move the ball.

Your nervous/warning/whatever-it-is, is talk-show hot-take fodder, with no basis in anything quantifiable.

What have the Houston Texans shown you, since Week 3, that they've improved so dramatically, that they're going to come up to Foxboro as a warm-weather dome team, to play in 20 degree weather, and win?

There's no hope for the Pats. If they somehow get past the "#1 defense", they have no chance against St. Aaron.

Nutkick

Seriously?

Seriously.

Really?

Well the Texans have played very well defensively since week 3 which is what got them to the playoffs.

If I had to pick an easier opponent it would of been the Raiders with a 3rd string QB.

And I do believe Brock is a bit better than the 2010 Mark Sanchez as Brock can move out of the pocket to move the sticks from time to time and those types of QB's always give the Pats defense problems.

I still do expect the Patriots to win but not sure how easy the game will be.

Well the Texans have played very well defensively since week 3 which is what got them to the playoffs.

If I had to pick an easier opponent it would of been the Raiders with a 3rd string QB.

And I do believe Brock is a bit better than the 2010 Mark Sanchez as Brock can move out of the pocket to move the sticks from time to time and those types of QB's always give the Pats defense problems.

I still do expect the Patriots to win but not sure how easy the game will be.

The same Brock that was benched with the season on the line?

I still do expect the Patriots to win but not sure how easy the game will be

It will be over halfway through the third quarter. Did you not see the scores TehClown put up earlier?

"Brock can move the pocket to move the sticks." To who? He couldn't do it against that trash Raiders defense.

You sit there and sweat it out all week. Be my guest. Call into talk radio, they'd love to hear your hot take.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

There's no hope for the Pats. If they somehow get past the "#1 defense", they have no chance against St. Aaron.

Nutkick

Hey, did you know the Texans have the #1 Defense?

I did not fact check this, but I read with only 4 players on IR, this is the healthiest Belichick's Patriots have ever gone into the playoffs.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

If the Texans win, I'll wear one of their shitty letterman jackets to work. Suit, tie, shirt with double cuffs and a Texans letterman jacket.

The opponent I wanted the most out of the 3 was Houston. Also Big Ben hurt his ankle and was in a walking boot. Of course this is just fodder for his Iron Warrior schtick he does every season but man, if we get Chiefs after Houston, I will be overjoyed.

We have opened as 16 point favs. Seems low.

Seriously?

Seriously.

Really?

They may just dust off the letterman jackets though :coffee:

Back