TFB shot of the day at Pebble Beach

pats-blue

Reaction score
TFB had the shot of the day at Pebble Beach today...ok it was a pass to a caddie down the fairway...but they still gave it to him.

Did an interview after he knocked a 8 iron about 170 yards about 30 feet from the pin.

Just trying to put up something Patriots related up???? Got tired of watching filler and stuff that already was done at the Olympics being shown....

playing to a 10-handicap, brady and his pga tour partner steve marino shared 92nd place after an opening-round 4-under 66 on the monterey peninsula country club’s south course. The pair had slumped to a share of 103rd after four opening pars on spyglass hill golf course friday.

Marino, by the way, was thrilled to learn he would be play with brady this week. Turns out brady is one of marino’s favorite athletes, according to reports.

View attachment 79880

Tony Romo is paired w/ John Daly :eek:

Tony Romo will play the AT&T National Pro Am this weekend and his playing partner will be John Daly.

Daly is a huge Cowboys fan and watched the Cowboys beat the Eagles in the wild-card round of the playoffs from Jerry Jones' suite at Cowboys Stadium.

I'm not sure how the pairing will fare because Daly said he was "quitting" golf a couple of weeks ago. ROFL

Romo is playing to a scratch handicap [RG edit: :jerkit:I just saw him 3putt from <4' on a hole :D] meaning he gets no strokes. New England QB Tom Brady is playing to an eight.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/tony-romo-john-daly-set-for-att-national.html

Romo/Daly currently T115 |(F-PB) | -11

they were T116 after Rd 1 ROFL

I wish I hadn't quit on golf. But holy crap, it's the most frustrating sport ever and the better you get the more frustrating.

It is frustrating but it sure is fun.

I miss it a lot. I was an addict for about 3 years but time and money got short and I haven't been out. Going to start going back to the range soon. It is a great day with the hub out on the course and YES it is frustrating especially for people who had athletics come pretty easy then you do THAT.:)

Just ask Charles Barkley.

Golf is indeed frustrating AND fun. Tom's comments on it were on the money: It's fun if you let it be fun and don't turn it into a huge deal.

By the way, I don't like teh cock, but no doubt about it, Tom Brady is a good looking human.

Golf is indeed frustrating AND fun. Tom's comments on it were on the money: It's fun if you let it be fun and don't turn it into a huge deal.

By the way, I don't like teh cock, but no doubt about it, Tom Brady is a good looking human.

I :heart: DS for his always honest and dead on posts.:) He REALLY is amazingly handsome and I don't usually go for such pretty faces but LOOK at that long drink' of perfection. wuv

I :heart: DS for his always honest and dead on posts.:) He REALLY is amazingly handsome and I don't usually go for such pretty faces but LOOK at that long drink' of perfection. wuv

Perfection is an understatment. Although I am not sure of Tommy's semi-mullet. I think I like the short hair better.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wish I hadn't quit on golf. But holy crap, it's the most frustrating sport ever and the better you get the more frustrating.

I quit cold turkey August of 2005. I really don't miss it. I do miss the group of guys I golfed with. I was a 1 handicap and was a member at a club with 2 courses for 14 years. Wasn't having any fun anymore, I couldn't get any better without putting in a ridicoulus amount of practice and could completly screw up a whole round with one bad tee shot. I found myself 6 holes into the round at 2 under asking myself why I was even on the course. So I quit, I figure I saved over $30,000 in the past 4.5 years. My new obsession is riding my road bicycle...I can't shank that....:jester:

I quit cold turkey August of 2005. I really don't miss it. I do miss the group of guys I golfed with. I was a 1 handicap and was a member at a club with 2 courses for 14 years. Wasn't having any fun anymore, I couldn't get any better without putting in a ridicoulus amount of practice and could completly screw up a whole round with one bad tee shot. I found myself 6 holes into the round at 2 under asking myself why I was even on the course. So I quit, I figure I saved over $30,000 in the past 4.5 years. My new obsession is riding my road bicycle...I can't shank that....:jester:

I used to be a 2 handicap...played for my school and played about 18 holes a day 4 days a week! (I played with yard sale clubs also)

Yes I got "good"....ended up having NO FUN. Even in practice..if I hit a bad shot it ruined the "game".

After school golf was $$$$! Until I met a friend who's Dad owned a golf course...again played a lot and was "good"....NO FUN.

Real life intruded and wasn't able to play for years. Then guys on my squad wanted to golf once a week and again....could strike the ball well and still had some fun...but mainly because of the many beverages consumed didn't allow me to take it to serious.

Due to my accidents my back cannot take the torque of my swing and couldn't play at all for 4 years. Play once in awhile now....have to take a muscle relaxer before the round and a anti inflammatory during along with the beverages. The last 3-4 holes are misery though usually....

But I have fun again. It is tough to let go of the "competitive" nature....I play to play now...I move my ball off of rocks with no penalty so I don't F up my club....no pressure...more fun.

I don't like playing with people that take it to serious anymore...especially because I see what i was like....:sulk:

Since I simply cannot take any sport lightly (I even tell my kids to "suck it" when we play ball :eek:), there is good reason for me to never take up golf.

And TFB is looking more and more pretty as the days go. I think he is prettier than me now. And I'm a girl and stuff. Good thing that man can throw a football, lol.

I tried the driving range once. Normally I am good at sports, but not golf. It is extremely frustrating. I was so bad and it just made me really angry. I was then able to crank some baseballs in the batting cages after the driving range disaster. They probably put the batting cages next to the driving range so people can release the golf frustrations there. Brilliant idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried the driving range once. Normally I am good at sports, but not golf. It is extremely frustrating. I was so bad and it just made me really angry. I was then able to crank some baseballs in the batting cages after the driving range disaster. They probably put the batting cages next to the driving range so people can release the golf frustrations there. Brilliant idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL that's how the driving range that I used to go to was. Hitting those pitches really helped. How funny.

I didn't start playing until I was in my early 40's. I just love going out there. I don't like playing with people who take it or themselves too seriously. Not to say I don't get royally pissed out there but when it's over I still enjoyed it.

It is a very hard game to play. Having played many sports, it's easier to hit a moving ball than it is to hit that little shit of a golf ball.

Thanks Paz. Right back at ya! :thumb:

Yea, I'm not gay, but I wouldn't exactly throw him out of bed.. :D

Back