Thank God Tom Brady is our Quarterback

NSPatsFan

I'm disrespectful to dirt.
Reaction score
I'm Down From Canada and they think I'm slow Eh?
I appreciate Brady, I think we all do. But I appreciate him even more after seeing this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rd1fBk_3a7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a f**kin spoiled little brat. Just a couple of weeks after he made that sexist comment too. His Mom didn't smack him enough when he was a kid...

That's because the little prima donna hasn't been able to eat his Dannon yogurt lately, since they cut his ass... He's such a little bitch

Nothing but a punk ass little bitch.

Harsh, but not wrong.

I feel like Newton is at least partially a product of modern sports. Before he had done a thing in the NFL he already had endorsement deals and generally acted like he was, of course, going to be the next big thing and he was going to do it with attitude. The SuperStar in waiting.

While he has enjoyed a fair amount of success, he is physically paying a price for running too much and has been erratic on the field and a loose cannon off.

I don't believe that Rivera has much control over him in either place and I can't envision Cam maturing and being the sort of franchise leader that Brady and many other actual Superstars have been. He's too busy planning his next fresh fashion statement to focus on winning like he should.

I don't things are going to end well for him. He's too egocentric and stubborn. A negative leader. Carolina is going to have to think about whether he's really the Man or a guy that just likes to act like he is.

Harsh, but not wrong.

I feel like Newton is at least partially a product of modern sports. Before he had done a thing in the NFL he already had endorsement deals and generally acted like he was, of course, going to be the next big thing and he was going to do it with attitude. The SuperStar in waiting.

While he has enjoyed a fair amount of success, he is physically paying a price for running too much and has been erratic on the field and a loose cannon off.

I don't believe that Rivera has much control over him in either place and I can't envision Cam maturing and being the sort of franchise leader that Brady and many other actual Superstars have been. He's too busy planning his next fresh fashion statement to focus on winning like he should.

I don't things are going to end well for him. He's too egocentric and stubborn. A negative leader. Carolina is going to have to think about whether he's really the Man or a guy that just likes to act like he is.

Agreed but Newton may give them no choice. Newton's behavior reminds me of Randy Moss just before Moss got the axe.

The league would be boring if everyone was TB12. I like Cam. He is his own guy. He can be petulant but at least it matters to him when he loses unlike Eli and Cutler who just collect their paycheck every week.

Cam should of not walked off the podium, but it would be nice to know how long was his presser, i thought i read somewhere that he was in the presser for some 8-9 minutes before taking that last question, which is a good amount of time.

No he should of not walked off and that was bad. But then again to be fair we have a coach who really never gives any answers to questions which is basically non responsive which is nearly as bad. I agree with BB methods.

Cam can get frustrated and is a front runner. At the same time he does not get the same protection as other QBs and that can be frustrating.

I know he took a powder at the SB50 presser but there was a bronco hooping it up right next to him and I think to some degree i think he realized his team got hosed as the NFL wanted Manning to win the SB, they even had Papa John on the side lines.

With that said, I too agree that I am glad TB is our QB and he will always answer questions regardless of how he feels.

From what I recalled he only left once and it was the Miami '13 game in which he was pissed as his play and team and realized that Dec. lost cost us HFA.

What a f**kin spoiled little brat. Just a couple of weeks after he made that sexist comment too. His Mom didn't smack him enough when he was a kid...

Where's his lavender suit? Thought the guy fancied himself to be some kind of clothes horse.
:shrug_n:

Here's my opinion of Newton.

If the unthinkable happened and TFB went down with a season ending injury, and the Panthers were willing to trade Newton for Jimmy G straight up, I wouldn't do it.

Newton will never be any better than he is right now. He's physically talented, and when things go well he's all smiles and poses, but when it starts to look like he can't be the difference in a game he checks out and finds a towel to hide under.

The QB position is a leadership position, and while some are more demonstrative than others, the QB cannot be the source of negativity. That's what he is half the time.

Here's my opinion of Newton.

If the unthinkable happened and TFB went down with a season ending injury, and the Panthers were willing to trade Newton for Jimmy G straight up, I wouldn't do it.

Newton will never be any better than he is right now. He's physically talented, and when things go well he's all smiles and poses, but when it starts to look like he can't be the difference in a game he checks out and finds a towel to hide under.

The QB position is a leadership position, and while some are more demonstrative than others, the QB cannot be the source of negativity. That's what he is half the time.
Yup, NFL Quarterbacking is won and lost on one square foot of real estate, and his is empty.

I fear for how it will end for Newton, I can see him in the funny farm, wrapped in a straight jacket, hugging himself saying: "I know I love me"

this guy is having a breakdown.

he is not Randall Cunningham, by that I mean he is not going to develop at a QB, he is not going to suddenly "get it".

Cam should of not walked off the podium, but it would be nice to know how long was his presser, i thought i read somewhere that he was in the presser for some 8-9 minutes before taking that last question, which is a good amount of time.

No he should of not walked off and that was bad. But then again to be fair we have a coach who really never gives any answers to questions which is basically non responsive which is nearly as bad. I agree with BB methods.

Cam can get frustrated and is a front runner. At the same time he does not get the same protection as other QBs and that can be frustrating.

I know he took a powder at the SB50 presser but there was a bronco hooping it up right next to him and I think to some degree i think he realized his team got hosed as the NFL wanted Manning to win the SB, they even had Papa John on the side lines.

With that said, I too agree that I am glad TB is our QB and he will always answer questions regardless of how he feels.

From what I recalled he only left once and it was the Miami '13 game in which he was pissed as his play and team and realized that Dec. lost cost us HFA.

Please elaborate as to why you feel that he doesn't get the same protection. Protection in what way?

I'm guessing he's referring to when newton made public comments about not getting rtp calls like other qbs and claiming a ref told him he wasn't veteran enough. All i have to do is think about Russell Wilson and how dude LITERALLY gets clobbered at about the top of his every dropback and the guy never whines, never complains, never checks out, always plays hard and is always a good teammate and leader...and about the same age as newton.
no, not everyone (or anyone ever!) is tb, but there are many other qbs with less talent than newton who i would take over him in a new york nanosecond.

Please elaborate as to why you feel that he doesn't get the same protection. Protection in what way?

I am talking about the blows he takes in and out of the pocket. i will point to last years game one against Denver as a perfect example, several blows to the head and no call. Cam is built like a LB and is a runner.

I can understand the refs letting a little go with a running QB as defenders need to be able to keep going to ensure the QB does not try to take things up field (like C. Stewart faking going out of bounds on Bruschi), so understand this point. And why I did not have too much sympathy for Rodgers being hit the way he was a few games ago as Carr needs to be able to run after Rodgers.

As the same time it does not really allow extra contact in the pocket or blows to the head. The roughing the passer on Brady against Atlanta is a good example, i get the call and agree with it although it was close, not sure if Cam would get the same call.

This is my point. And he has a right to speak out imo.

I am talking about the blows he takes in and out of the pocket. i will point to last years game one against Denver as a perfect example, several blows to the head and no call. Cam is built like a LB and is a runner.

I can understand the refs letting a little go with a running QB as defenders need to be able to keep going to ensure the QB does not try to take things up field (like C. Stewart faking going out of bounds on Bruschi), so understand this point. And why I did not have too much sympathy for Rodgers being hit the way he was a few games ago as Carr needs to be able to run after Rodgers.

As the same time it does not really allow extra contact in the pocket or blows to the head. The roughing the passer on Brady against Atlanta is a good example, i get the call and agree with it although it was close, not sure if Cam would get the same call.

This is my point. And he has a right to speak out imo.

There is a Sound FX film clip I saw recently where Newton taunts a DE who had pulled up after Cam released a pass and there was incidental contact between the two.

That should have been it, but Newton, who was mic'd up, couldn't keep his mouth shut and went ham on the guy basically saying that he wasn't tough enough to bother the toughest QB on two legs.

Now, the NFL regularly sticks a mic on the guy because he loves to yap and it makes for entertaining sound bites, but that example isn't really unusual. He does that shit all the time and defenders get a little sensitive when he insults them and acts like he is impervious to contact.

If he does take more punishment than other QBs without drawing flags I suspect that it might be a subtle form of frontier justice by the refs to give the guy what he asks for and Cam brings a good deal of it on himself by his complete inability to keep his mouth shut.

There isn't enough mustard in the world to cover that hot dog.

I'm guessing he's referring to when newton made public comments about not getting rtp calls like other qbs and claiming a ref told him he wasn't veteran enough. All i have to do is think about Russell Wilson and how dude LITERALLY gets clobbered at about the top of his every dropback and the guy never whines, never complains, never checks out, always plays hard and is always a good teammate and leader...and about the same age as newton.
no, not everyone (or anyone ever!) is tb, but there are many other qbs with less talent than newton who i would take over him in a new york nanosecond.
when you tuck the ball, you are no longer a QB but a runner and they are fair game to hits.

and he is quick to drop the ball and scramble in place of tossing it away and living for another play. it is all on him.

when you tuck the ball, you are no longer a QB but a runner and they are fair game to hits.

and he is quick to drop the ball and scramble in place of tossing it away and living for another play. it is all on him.

Big Ben used to do the same and no one bitched about him taking hits (of which there we plenty) and not getting calls.

The reporters should of stormed after him and then beaten his immature, disrespectful ass black and blue. He would of deserved it.

(On a related note, Didn't Will McDonough get in a fist-fight with some player back in the day? So, see.. There's precedent! lol)

Back