The 2016 Rio Summer Olympics thread

Hand ball is a Olympic sport. I never seen even play that after we got into middle school . What next hackley sack in the Olympics

We didn't even send a team. Like, our D-3 and NAIA athletes should dominate that sport, wtf.

The booing of Hope Solo every time she touches the ball is a bit much now. Someone needs to tell these Brazilians to pipe down. It is the point that I want her to wave a Zika flag in the net at the end of games just to tool on them.

Fantastic Gold Medal for Kristin Armstrong of the US in the cycling time trial. She gave it everything and went over the finish like with a nose bleed and collapsed with exhaustion! Amazing stuff. She beat another Russian drug cheat as well.

That's a 3rd Gold medal in a row for her after Beijing and London. She's 42. Well done that woman.

Cpf-OlXWYAAwnX7.jpg:large

I'd like to see some more of the team sports on TV. Soccer, Rugby, maybe basketball, volleyball is pretty good too.

I feel pretty much that every 2 years I see a 2 week Ice Skating competition and a 3 week gymnastics meet in prime time. There may be things I'd like to watch during the day, but I have one of those damn job things.

I was watching one of the women's beach volleyball and already there's been a wrist injury.

Fortunately I should be OK by Friday.

:rimshot:

The dutch team is completely covered. It thought that was against the rules, skimpy bikinis only. :jerkit:

Ebner is on the field. US dominates the first six minutes to go up 7-0 only to get real sloppy in the next three minutes and is now trailing 12-7. If that score holds, USA is eliminated.

On an aside, I have no idea what the timing rules are. I assumed the clock kept moving so long as the same team was on offense, but the Fiji turned the ball over and was tackled numerous times after the clock hit red and still scored.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Fiji turnover and the US scores! 14-12.

Ebner is on the field. US dominates the first six minutes to go up 7-0 only to get real sloppy in the next three minutes and is now trailing 12-7. If that score holds, USA is eliminated.

On an aside, I have no idea what the timing rules are. I assumed the clock kept moving so long as the same team was on offense, but the Fiji turned the ball over and was tackled numerous times after the clock hit red and still scored.

The play would have to go dead. Being tackled, the ball being turned over etc does not stop play or the clock. For the play to go dead there would have to be an infreigment like a "knock-on" which is where the ball goes forward from a players hands, or the ball goes out over the sidelines or dead ball line. Or a penalty is called where a player goes into the ruck off his feet or commits a dangerous tackle etc.

Even worse defense allows Fiji to just run through three guys for another try (score). US would need to score twice in two minutes to avoid elimination.

Ebner with a great run to give US a chance. Would have been in if Ebner hit the conversion (extra point) but he missed it.

Someone needs to hire a new pool guy (pic taken today).

:coffee:

Back